Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave[_27_]
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 19th 08, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave[_27_]
A couple of questions on a Nikkor 500 mm f/4 ED AF-S II

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Dave wrote:

This is not a common problem with these lens hoods. I think the
seller is just trying to pawn off the lens with a few problems. These
problems...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 08, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Dave wrote:

This is not a common problem with these lens hoods. I think the
seller is just trying to pawn off the lens with a few problems. These
problems...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 19th 08, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave[_27_]
A couple of questions on a Nikkor 500 mm f/4 ED AF-S II

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Dave wrote:

So does the screw goes into the hood, rather than the lens itself?
Replacing or repairing a hood is clearly a lot easier than getting a
thread repaired...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 08, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Dave wrote:

So does the screw goes into the hood, rather than the lens itself?
Replacing or repairing a hood is clearly a lot easier than getting a
thread repaired...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 19th 08, 10:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave[_27_]
A couple of questions on a Nikkor 500 mm f/4 ED AF-S II

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Dave wrote:

Does anyone know if this is a common fault, or what is likely to be
the issue? I find it hard to believe a screw would wear out. Perhaps
some idiot...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 08, 10:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Dave wrote:

Does anyone know if this is a common fault, or what is likely to be
the issue? I find it hard to believe a screw would wear out. Perhaps
some idiot...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 08, 09:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave[_27_]
A couple of questions on a Nikkor 500 mm f/4 ED AF-S II

Me wrote:
Dave wrote:
I've seen a lens on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380065079809

Isn't Manchester more or less in the middle of England?

A bit north...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 18th 08, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

michael adams wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message ...
I've seen a lens on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380065079809

Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 08, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

michael adams wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message ...
I've seen a lens on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380065079809

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 18th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Dave wrote:
I've seen a lens on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380065079809

that I am interested in and was thinking of making an offer, but a
couple of...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Dave wrote:
I've seen a lens on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380065079809

that I am interested in and was thinking of making an offer, but a
couple of...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 18th 08, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave[_27_]
A couple of questions on a Nikkor 500 mm f/4 ED AF-S II

I've seen a lens on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380065079809

that I am interested in and was thinking of making an offer, but a
couple of things are causing me some...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 08, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave[_27_]
A couple of questions on a Nikkor 500 mm f/4 ED AF-S II

I've seen a lens on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380065079809

that I am interested in and was thinking of making an offer, but a
couple of things are causing me some...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale September 13th 08, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By Dave[_27_]
Wanted: In UK, Nikon 500 or 600 mm f/4 mm AF-S II

Subject pretty much says it all. The reply to address is ok. Let contact
me if you have one to sell.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 10th 08, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave[_27_]
Use of UV filters

mj wrote:
You pays your money and you takes your choices.

For better than 20 years I serviced both 35mm and most medium format
systems. I can say that in a small percentage of all the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 10th 08, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave[_27_]
Anyone seen any Nikon 500mm f/4 VR lenses?

tony cooper wrote:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 01:02:48 +0100, Dave wrote:

Rita Berkowitz wrote:

When I buy used lenses I strictly follow the 40% rule. This means that
no...
Forum: Digital Photography September 10th 08, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Rita Berkowitz wrote:

When I buy used lenses I strictly follow the 40% rule. This means that
no...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 10th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Rita Berkowitz wrote:

When I buy used lenses I strictly follow the 40% rule. This means that
no matter what I pay for it I will/should get at least 40% return on my
purchase when I flip it....
Forum: Digital Photography September 10th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Rita Berkowitz wrote:

When I buy used lenses I strictly follow the 40% rule. This means that
no matter what I pay for it I will/should get at least 40% return on my
purchase when I flip it....
Forum: Digital Photography September 9th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave[_27_]
Anyone seen any Nikon 500mm f/4 VR lenses?

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

Go on Rita, sell him yours. That is waaaay too much glass to haul
around stuck on that D3.

It is really a well balanced machine with the 500 on...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 9th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

Go on Rita, sell him yours. That is waaaay too much glass to haul
around stuck on that D3.

It is really a well balanced machine with the 500 on...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 08, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave[_27_]
Anyone seen any Nikon 500mm f/4 VR lenses?

Paul Furman wrote:
Dave wrote:
Nikon have the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR lens on their web site.

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 8th 08, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Paul Furman wrote:
Dave wrote:
Nikon have the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR lens on their web site.

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 8th 08, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave[_27_]
Anyone seen any Nikon 500mm f/4 VR lenses?

Nikon have the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR lens on their web site.

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/lens/af/telephoto/af-s_500mmf_4g_vr/index.htm

Are there many of these around? I...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 08, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital