Showing results 1 to 25 of 112
Search took 0.88 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ColinD
Forum: Digital Photography October 21st 06, 08:56 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By ColinD
How to get rid of scratches on lens surface.

Paul L wrote:
Is there anything that can be used to improve the scratch severity of a
lens surface? On my fujifilm finepix digital camera the cover lens is a
flat, plstic like material.

A...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 17th 06, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By ColinD
PING: Scott W

Scott W wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Did you get any damage from the quake?

We just got power back on. A lot of cracks in the walls and a lot of
broken tiles. A number of our neighbor's...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 11th 06, 10:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 171
Posted By ColinD
No film shooters

jeremy wrote:
"Annika1980" wrote in message
I laugh when I hear the film luddites critcize digital for "lacking
detail in the sky" or something like that.

Your...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 10th 06, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 171
Posted By ColinD
No film shooters

Scott W wrote:

I find that these are the best of times for photography, we have a lot
of choices now and the quality of the average photographer has gotten
much better. Just being able to...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 10th 06, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 86
Posted By ColinD
Value (and values) 35mm

Andrew Haley wrote:
Doug Robbins wrote:

Why are folks in such a frenzied rush to abandon a format that has
served well for 80 years. Some of the worlds greatest...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 1st 06, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 152
Posted By ColinD
Which is more important?

Alan Browne wrote:
Kinon O'cann wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message

Kinon O'Cann...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 20th 06, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 115
Posted By ColinD
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

-hh wrote:
ColinD wrote:
Tony Verhulst wrote:
And that's the problem, isn't it? My master's thesis is on an 8 inch
floppy (Wang VS). Who/what can read that today?

You don't even...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 20th 06, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 114
Posted By ColinD
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

-hh wrote:
ColinD wrote:
Tony Verhulst wrote:
And that's the problem, isn't it? My master's thesis is on an 8 inch
floppy (Wang VS). Who/what can read that today?

You don't even...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 20th 06, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By ColinD
Wanna play?

DD wrote:
Check out this series of shots:

http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=1524.0

Eat your heart out, Bret! ;)

At risk of another war (hopefully not), there is no comparison...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 20th 06, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 18
Posted By ColinD
Can people differentiate between 200 & 300 dpi?

Scott W wrote:
ColinD wrote:
From a comfortable viewing distance, i.e. taking in the complete
picture, you would be hard pressed to see any difference.

Pixel-peepers who leave nose...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 19th 06, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 18
Posted By ColinD
Can people differentiate between 200 & 300 dpi?

wrote:
I'm curious:

How many people here can reliably differentiate between two prints: one
made from a 200 dpi source, another from a 300 dpi source? Assume a
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 06, 09:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By ColinD
dvd backup problem

jameson wrote:
I have stored approx 3000 jpegs on dvds using SONIC RECORD. They are in
hundreds of folders and after burning each dvd I have picked two folders
from each dvd and opened the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 19th 06, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 58
Posted By ColinD
Have You Gone Digital Yet?

jeremy wrote:
"ColinD" wrote in message

But, your film-oriented bias is apparent for all to see, so you will get
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 19th 06, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 115
Posted By ColinD
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

Tony Verhulst wrote:

And that's the problem, isn't it? My master's thesis is on an 8 inch
floppy (Wang VS). Who/what can read that today?

Tony

This same argument crops up...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 19th 06, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 114
Posted By ColinD
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

Tony Verhulst wrote:

And that's the problem, isn't it? My master's thesis is on an 8 inch
floppy (Wang VS). Who/what can read that today?

Tony

This same argument crops up...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 19th 06, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By ColinD
D80 problems

bmoag wrote:
I have had this camera for about three hours.
Raw format images are not recognized by CS2 or any other converter. JPEGS
open fine.
The lovely Nikon Picture Project software will...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 19th 06, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 114
Posted By ColinD
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

Tony Verhulst wrote:

Using pure gold reflective layers, phthalocyanine dye, and
triple-layer protection, they say the useful life of a CD is 300
years, and the DVDs 80 - 100...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 19th 06, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 115
Posted By ColinD
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

Tony Verhulst wrote:

Using pure gold reflective layers, phthalocyanine dye, and
triple-layer protection, they say the useful life of a CD is 300
years, and the DVDs 80 - 100...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 19th 06, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By ColinD
Focus calibration

Gambo wrote:
I believe my 20D's focus is off a bit. With the same lenses, I get
sharper images on my old Digital Rebel 300D then I do with the 20D under
similar circumstances. I have seen...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 19th 06, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By ColinD
Tony Polson - One Sick Mother!

Anonymous wrote:
You crazy SOB!

Now you claim to be a Leica expert!

The guy that shoots "50 rolls of film in a single session," and can't find a single keeper in the entire bunch!

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 19th 06, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 58
Posted By ColinD
Have You Gone Digital Yet?

jeremy wrote:
An interesting comment, quoted from a web site:

"The question "have you gone digital yet?" is a presumptuous fallacy is
pushed by camera stores and camera makers, since they...
Forum: Digital Photography September 14th 06, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By ColinD
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1

wrote:
Bill Crocker wrote:
Sony's Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Digital Camera looks like a good alternative to
digital SLR's:

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 13th 06, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.music.makers.bagpipe,soc.culture.canada,alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.music.pink-floyd
Replies: 8
Posted By ColinD
The Holy Scripture of God, God as He is presently known, LordRaymond of Cave Junction

oldpink wrote:
ColinD wrote:
Raymond Karczewski wrote:

snip the crap

Amazing, isn't it? These crazy one-eyed mentally retarded delusional
****wits are everywhere. Christ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 11th 06, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.music.makers.bagpipe,soc.culture.canada,alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.music.pink-floyd

Raymond Karczewski wrote:

snip the crap

Amazing, isn't it? These crazy one-eyed mentally retarded delusional
****wits are everywhere. Christ knows where they found the wit to post
on the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 7th 06, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By ColinD
Flash - 2nd curtain synch - 300D & EX420 - How?

Ganesh wrote:
ColinD wrote:
Ganesh wrote:

Michael wrote:

Hi,
Despite all I have read about the theory, I'm still unsure how exactly
to set-up my camera. Can someone...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 112