Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: The DaveŠ
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 22nd 08, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By The DaveŠ
[PICS] Buzz meets Neopan 1600

jimkramer wrote:
This was Buzz's first real time out on water; he did pretty well, I
wish I could say the same for Neopan 1600...

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Puppy/BuzzOnNeopan.htm
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 91
Posted By The DaveŠ
The Nikon D3 makes everyone's life better, even mine!!!

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
The DaveŠ wrote:

If everything you've said about this in this thread is true, and I
have nothing with which to dispute it, then it seems that Canon
actually...

Tony Polson wrote:
"The DaveŠ" wrote:

If everything you've said about this in this thread is true, and I
have nothing with which to dispute it, then it seems that Canon
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 91
Posted By The DaveŠ
The Nikon D3 makes everyone's life better, even mine!!!

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
John Sheehy wrote:
It's just a machine, sucker.

Yep, and it should be sold after 18-months of use.

Why?
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 08, 06:49 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 91
Posted By The DaveŠ
The Nikon D3 makes everyone's life better, even mine!!!

Tony Polson wrote:
That's certainly one way of looking at it. Given Nikon's commitment
to some kind of backward compatibility, I think adding features on the
one hand and taking away some of...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 08, 06:44 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 91
Posted By The DaveŠ
The Nikon D3 makes everyone's life better, even mine!!!

dj_nme wrote:
Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Now you are starting to see the real deal, but your timeframe is
totally wrong unless you plan on only living 18-months.

So' you expect the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 9th 08, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 45
Posted By The DaveŠ
Whatever happened to Pentax?

Doug Jewell wrote:
As for myself, the last few times I've gone to buy a camera, I was
purchasing a compact that both my wife and I would be using. She
likes an optical view-finder...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 9th 08, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 61

Doug Jewell wrote:
As for myself, the last few times I've gone to buy a camera, I was
purchasing a compact that both my wife and I would be using. She
likes an optical view-finder...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 08, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 47

Doug Jewell wrote:
As for myself, the last few times I've gone to buy a camera, I was
purchasing a compact that both my wife and I would be using. She
likes an optical view-finder...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 08, 04:56 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 91
Posted By The DaveŠ
The Nikon D3 makes everyone's life better, even mine!!!

Matt Clara wrote:
They're all overpriced these days. Time was (7 years ago or less)
$1700 would have bought you arguably the best 35mm camera in the
world, and those of us here were paying...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 7th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
Posted By The DaveŠ
TENNESSEE MIGHT NOT BE HEAVEN ....

Ray Fischer wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
... but you can see it from here.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/93851376/original.jpg

Very nice clouds, sucky...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 51

Ray Fischer wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
... but you can see it from here.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/93851376/original.jpg

Very nice clouds, sucky...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 5th 08, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 7
Posted By The DaveŠ
LATEST PHOTO OF D-MAC !

Annika1980 wrote:
One of my Australian friends forwarded me this candid photo of
Usenet's crustiest inhabitant.

Love the toupe.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 29th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By The DaveŠ
New use for obsolete gear

Douglas wrote:
Just when I was about to list my last Canon on eBay, my contract
shooter tells me she never owned a camera, she always borrowed her
partners and they've just split up!

As...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 28th 08, 03:59 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 50
Posted By The DaveŠ
Canon Mark II versus Canon Mark III

Charles wrote:

"Rita Berkowitz" wrote in message
Jufi wrote:

Sadly, most Canon shooter don't use the proper...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 25th 08, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 10
Posted By The DaveŠ
SFO, Yosemite, etc.

Alan Browne wrote:
Not sure if we'll spend much time in San Francisco.

SF is a beautiful city for photography.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 25th 08, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 10
Posted By The DaveŠ
SFO, Yosemite, etc.

Paul Furman wrote:

Death Valley will be very hot in late July, I've done so & it was
sweltering even in the morning. The Central valley and inner coast
ranges are almost as bad. At the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 23rd 08, 07:15 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 44
Posted By The DaveŠ
Insect macros

Troy Piggins wrote:
Seems to me there's a cretin wasting an awful lot of time posting
under multiple aliases, but too stupid to remember which alias
he/she is using. I reckon I've spent less...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 14th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By The DaveŠ
[photo] For Kristy

Troy Piggins wrote:
Happy Valentine's Day. I love you.

http://piggo.com/~troy/photos.php?album=2008_02_13&img=photos/2008_02_
13/valentines-fav.jpg

Who woulda thought I had a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 14th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By The DaveŠ
[photo] For Kristy

Troy Piggins wrote:
Happy Valentine's Day. I love you.

http://piggo.com/~troy/photos.php?album=2008_02_13&img=photos/2008_02_
13/valentines-fav.jpg

Who woulda thought I had a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 12th 08, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By The DaveŠ
Just for fun...

Pudentame wrote:
The DaveŠ wrote:
If a mysterious benefactor offered to purchase all the latest
equipment... everything you want/need... would you do it?

Oh, the catch... you'd...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 12th 08, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By The DaveŠ
Just for fun...

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Only if I get to use Nikkor lenses. Aint no way in hell would I use
Canon glass. That simply isn't in the equation.

It's a simple 'yes' or 'no' scenario. This...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 12th 08, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 36
Posted By The DaveŠ
Oh the games just go on and on.

Cryptopix wrote:

You're not serious are you Bret?

What an ironic question.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 10th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By The DaveŠ
Just for fun...

If a mysterious benefactor offered to purchase all the latest
equipment... everything you want/need... would you do it?

Oh, the catch... you'd have to switch from Nikon to Canon or Canon to
Nikon...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 7th 08, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By The DaveŠ
How critical is the copyright year?

How critical is the copyright year?

IOW, if I have photos taken in 2004 and I don't start marketing them
until 2008, does it matter legally if I put a 2004 or 2008 copyright
date on them?

Most tend...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36