Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DaveC
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 26th 08, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 38
Posted By DaveC
Infrared photography

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3085/2889767698_6ee6058929_o.jpg

CS,
Thanks for your reply.

I'm unclear whether you hacked your camera. Did you remove the IR filter from
the image sensor? Or did...
Forum: Digital Photography September 26th 08, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 39
Posted By DaveC
Infrared photography

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3085/2889767698_6ee6058929_o.jpg

CS,
Thanks for your reply.

I'm unclear whether you hacked your camera. Did you remove the IR filter from
the image sensor? Or did...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 26th 08, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 38
Posted By DaveC
Infrared photography

You are not viewing real infrared radiation when you
view a print or a viewfinder image taken with an IR-enabled camera.

Ah, yes, of course you're correct.

Isn't language a trip-up? "No, you...
Forum: Digital Photography September 26th 08, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 39
Posted By DaveC
Infrared photography

You are not viewing real infrared radiation when you
view a print or a viewfinder image taken with an IR-enabled camera.

Ah, yes, of course you're correct.

Isn't language a trip-up? "No, you...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 26th 08, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 38
Posted By DaveC
Infrared photography

sure. generally it's 2mm thick optical glass that's typically a 2" or
3" square piece and you'll need to cut it to fit the camera.

Seems straightforward (notice the absence of the term...
Forum: Digital Photography September 26th 08, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 39
Posted By DaveC
Infrared photography

sure. generally it's 2mm thick optical glass that's typically a 2" or
3" square piece and you'll need to cut it to fit the camera.

Seems straightforward (notice the absence of the term...
Forum: Digital Photography September 25th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 39
Posted By DaveC
Infrared photography

Isn't that the other way round?
Qualitative meaning just yes/no while quantitative in addition tells you
how much, e.g. darker or lighter on a b/w IR-image or
blue/green/yellow/red/white on a...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 25th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 38
Posted By DaveC
Infrared photography

Isn't that the other way round?
Qualitative meaning just yes/no while quantitative in addition tells you
how much, e.g. darker or lighter on a b/w IR-image or
blue/green/yellow/red/white on a...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 25th 08, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 38
Posted By DaveC
Infrared photography

I want to photograph and video in infrared mode.

I understand that some point-and-shoot cameras provide this style of
photography/videography. Alternately, some people have "hacked" a camera by...
Forum: Digital Photography September 25th 08, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 39
Posted By DaveC
Infrared photography

I want to photograph and video in infrared mode.

I understand that some point-and-shoot cameras provide this style of
photography/videography. Alternately, some people have "hacked" a camera by...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras March 14th 08, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 1
Posted By DaveC
Canon USA parts order 800 number?

Never mind. I think I just called the main USA support number (800 828-4040)
and was transferred to the parts order department. I'll try that in the
morning.
--
DaveC

This is...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 08, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 1
Posted By DaveC
Canon USA parts order 800 number?

Never mind. I think I just called the main USA support number (800 828-4040)
and was transferred to the parts order department. I'll try that in the
morning.
--
DaveC

This is...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras March 14th 08, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 1
Posted By DaveC
Canon USA parts order 800 number?

A couple of years ago I ordered a replacement memory card door for a Canon
PowerShot.

I can't find that phone number, tho' I've searched my computer's hard drive
and the web for it.

Would...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 08, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 1
Posted By DaveC
Canon USA parts order 800 number?

A couple of years ago I ordered a replacement memory card door for a Canon
PowerShot.

I can't find that phone number, tho' I've searched my computer's hard drive
and the web for it.

Would...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 22nd 07, 09:16 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 31
Posted By DaveC
Want 8x12 Epson or HP Photo Paper?

Or you can buy 12" x 16", 12" x 18" and 13" x 19" papers and cut them to
some appropriate size. The 12" x 16" papers (mainly available for
artists) would make two 12" x 8" papers with no...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15