Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nige Danton[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography May 29th 17, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
waterproof camera

Hi, I'm seeking recommendations for a waterproof camera. Waterproof for use
in a swimming pool, nothing deeper. I used to use a canon IXUS in a
waterproof case, but that camera died a while ago. I...
Forum: Digital Photography November 10th 16, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
Nikon image download - OSX Sierra

Recently bought a MacBook Pro and upgraded the OS to Sierra. Nikon's NX2 no
longer sees the camera (D7000). I've tried to DL the latest version from
Nikon but it hangs part way through the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 15, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
Digital Picture Frames

Eric Stevens wrote:

Yes. That has occurred to me. How long will they last before they die
of old age? (Apart from battery)

Original iPad 1 here. Works perfectly...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 8th 15, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
D7000 Liveview switch

Savageduck wrote:

If you are using LiveView light entering through the VF which is not
covered by your eye/face can have an effect on the AE. If you are
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 8th 15, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
D7000 Liveview switch

PeterN wrote:

Welcome to the macro world.

Thanks!

The above are just my macro preferences. More importantly, many lenses
will have noticable diffraction at the smallest...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 8th 15, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
D7000 Liveview switch

"Ian" wrote:

That's good news on the switch and it is what I hoped would happen. The jam
will hopefully not happen again.

Macrophotography is good fun but has its...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 8th 15, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
D7000 Liveview switch

me wrote:
You might try a sparing application of some contac/control cleaner and
lubricant. AKA tuner cleaner back in the day of the mechanical rotary
TV tuners. This was useful...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 8th 15, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
D7000 Liveview switch

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Do you have a focusing rack? If not you might want to get one. This
one works fine http://www.amazon.com/Neewer%C2%AE-Focusing-Close-up-
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 28th 14, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
D7000 Liveview switch

"Ian" wrote:

Hello Nigel. These switches are small and it might be that the mechanism is
binding/jammed and that moving it gently and slightly in different
directions might...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 27th 14, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
D7000 Liveview switch

"Ian" wrote:

The manual at
http://cdn-10.nikon-cdn.com/pdf/manuals/kie88335f7869dfuejdl=-cww2/D7000_EN.pdf
doesn't mention a lock. See pages 49 and 53.

Hi Ian, yes thanks. I...
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 14, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 170
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
post processing

There have been some stunning before and after post processing photos
posted here in recent times. I've got zero experience of post processing
other than a bit of exposure adjustment and sharpening...
Forum: Digital Photography October 23rd 13, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
Camera on The Walking Dead

PeterN wrote:

i agree, he was a fine actor. And I meant my remark to be a commentary on
his acting. He did such a fine acting job in The Sopranos, that one was
Forum: Digital Photography October 23rd 13, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
Camera on The Walking Dead

On 2013-10-21 14:17:05 -0700, Sandman said:

In article...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 10th 13, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 42
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
Quandary - DX or FX?

I'm in a bit of a quandary. I've currently got a D7000 and an 18-105 lens.
Ive recently (this year) switched back to SLR's after a decade of using
digital point and shoot. I'm certainly pleased with...
Forum: Digital Photography March 25th 13, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 113
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
Macros

Tony Cooper wrote:
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 05:45:20 +0000 (UTC), Nige Danton
wrote:

They are brilliant aren't they. Can anyone offer...
Forum: Digital Photography March 25th 13, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 113
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
Macros

PeterN wrote:

In addition to Tony Cooper's comments, If you put an extension tube on
your lens, you will be able to move closer to the subject. The tradeoff
is...
Forum: Digital Photography March 24th 13, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 113
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
Macros

"dadiOH" wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
http://memolition.com/2013/03/15/the-very-best-of-macro-photography-27-pictures/

Those are nothing short of EXCELLENT!!

They are...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 26th 12, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
new DSLR

Chemiker wrote:
..
Yup, spot on. I made the decision, a couple of months back, in favor
of the 7000 and am absolutely convinced I made the right choice. I
have...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 26th 12, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
new DSLR

On 2012-03-26 08:12:15 -0700, DanP said:

A quick search says D5100 and D7000 have it.
DanP

For Nikon DSLRs...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 26th 12, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Nige Danton[_2_]
new DSLR

I was once a fervent film SLR user (Pentax's) but in recent years I've been
using a digital compact. Finally the frustration has gotten too much and
I've decided I need a decent camera. So I'm...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20