Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard Polhill
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 15th 07, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 138
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Rebecca Ore wrote:

Whoever took the photos of the eagles eating the young seal is a decent
photographer.

What photos of the eagles eating the young seal?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 15th 07, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 157

Rebecca Ore wrote:

Whoever took the photos of the eagles eating the young seal is a decent
photographer.

What photos of the eagles eating the young seal?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 15th 07, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 157
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Lobby Dosser wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

Separate light meters haven't been all that popular for
nearly half a century now...

Q: What do you call a DSLR when it...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 15th 07, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Lobby Dosser wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

Separate light meters haven't been all that popular for
nearly half a century now...

Q: What do you call a DSLR when it...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 14th 07, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 138
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Noons wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:57 pm, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
Your ignorance is absolutely astounding.

This is one example, I snipped the rest, which were all
at the same...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 14th 07, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Noons wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:57 pm, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
Your ignorance is absolutely astounding.

This is one example, I snipped the rest, which were all
at the same...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 10th 07, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 157
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
viewerofrecphoto wrote:

Thanks especially to those who kept the discussion polite ;-)

He/she wasn't referring to you, obviously.
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 10th 07, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
viewerofrecphoto wrote:

Thanks especially to those who kept the discussion polite ;-)

He/she wasn't referring to you, obviously.
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 9th 07, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 138
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

You have to go to 1949 for the birth of Information
Theory. (Geeze, are you really telling me that you know
*nothing* about Claude E. Shannon???? I don't know what
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

You have to go to 1949 for the birth of Information
Theory. (Geeze, are you really telling me that you know
*nothing* about Claude E. Shannon???? I don't know what
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 9th 07, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 18
Posted By Richard Polhill
Pentax 50mm A lens

D.M. Procida wrote:
Paul Mitchum wrote:

Just got one of these from someone on eBay. Is it correct that to move
the aperture ring beyond f11 requires depression of the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 157
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Neil Gould wrote:
snipped

Please do not feed the trolls.
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 9th 07, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Neil Gould wrote:
snipped

Please do not feed the trolls.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 9th 07, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 18
Posted By Richard Polhill
chinon cg-5 - worth buying?

wrote:
I tested the kit - and I must say that I'm really happy with it - it;s
a really fine, friendly and well-designed camera. Working with it is a
pleasure :-)

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 157
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Richard Polhill wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Noons wrote:
Care to specify exactly what is that...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 9th 07, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Richard Polhill wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Noons wrote:
Care to specify exactly what is that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 157
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Lobby Dosser wrote:
Richard Polhill wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:
Noons wrote:

Total nonsense. A histogram and a...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 9th 07, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Lobby Dosser wrote:
Richard Polhill wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:
Noons wrote:

Total nonsense. A histogram and a...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 9th 07, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 138
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Richard Polhill wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

snipped

Floyd, you have a scary level of blind faith in high...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Richard Polhill wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

snipped

Floyd, you have a scary level of blind faith in high...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 157
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

There are $800 DSLR's that come with a lense, of course.

Sorry, I can't take a man seriously when he talks about photography without
being able to spell lens.
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 9th 07, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

There are $800 DSLR's that come with a lense, of course.

Sorry, I can't take a man seriously when he talks about photography without
being able to spell lens.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 157
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Niccolo Machiavelli wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Mitchum) wrote:

Richard Polhill wrote:
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 9th 07, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 138
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Niccolo Machiavelli wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Mitchum) wrote:

Richard Polhill wrote:
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 157
Posted By Richard Polhill
digital camera as exposure meter

Paul Mitchum wrote: