Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eco Clean
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 18, 06:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Mayayana wrote:

Yes, that seems to be fine. I had gone to the author
website. It's still just an XPDF wrapper, but it works.

I just today had my first real need for the PDF X-change viewer...
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 18, 02:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Susan Bugher wrote:

I have the app installed on WinXP so can't advise on later versions of
Windows.

Your latest link installed fine in Windows 10, as did the most recent URL
that Mayayana...
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 18, 12:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Mayayana wrote:

They're free to charge money for other peoples'
software. It's legal to make a wrapper for XPDF.
But they shouldn't be trying to trick people by
pretending it's free...
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 18, 12:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Mayayana wrote:

No need. PDF XChange Viewer has that option.

PDF-Xchange Viewer Current version: 2.5.322.7
[https://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer]

Is this the PDF...
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 18, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware

- Susan Bugher wrote:

No need. PDF XChange Viewer has that option.

Your version may but mine does not. I'm running v 2.5 (documentation says
"Currently the new PDF-XChange PRO Viewer...
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 18, 06:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Mayayana wrote:

I don't have a preference with these. I doubt
I'll ever use any of them. But for people who may
be interested it's worth clarifying the difference.

I would agree that...
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 18, 06:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Susan Bugher wrote:

Yahbut all three apps have these tasks in common: tell a printer the
segments of an image file you want it to print, what scale/size you want
the segments printed at...
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 18, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Susan Bugher wrote:

I have to take issue with your assessment. IMO PosteRazor and Posteriza
are both good and both are better than The Rasterbator.

I agree with one of your points, having...
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 18, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Mayayana wrote:

I tried the first two. I see them as entirely different
programs. Posterazor simply enlarges the image and
sets it up for multi-page printing. Rasterbator is a
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 18, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Jonathan N. Little wrote:

So the goal is not to save to an image format, and just tile out of the
creation program, right?

That would be most ideal. Professional software such as...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 18, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Big Al wrote:

but if you output to raster which is what to do when you create a bitmap
JPG or BMP. You will get a ragged-edge pixelated image
But can't you lessen that by changing the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 18, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Jonathan N. Little wrote:

Okay, yes TTFs are vector...

Thanks for the clarifications as this vectoring thing, from a philosophical
perspective, is important if we print *directly* to the final...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 18, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Mayayana wrote:

Here's an informative link:

https://www.signs.com/price-calculator/

6 sheets custom vinyl lettering at 12x18, $135.

Are you familiar with commercial vinyl...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 18, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Big Al wrote:

The+AKA-hardest+AKA-part+AKA-likely+AKA-will+AKA-be+AKA-the+AKA-spray+AKA-painting+AKA-to+AKA-get+AKA-crisp+AKA-edges.
Probably. I bought # stencils from the office supply...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 18, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Eco Clean wrote:

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
1) Posterrazor is a keeper
2) Rasterbator is second fiddle to Posterazor
3) Posterizia might work for some people

Here's the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 18, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Jonathan N. Little wrote:

Plethora of like companies out there.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for all your advice, which is greatly appreciated. We will be
sinking these poles in the ground deeply to...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 18, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Susan Bugher wrote:

I don't like guessing either and there's no help file.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for providing these two free Windows tiler suggestions.

The Posterazor tiler is so much better...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 18, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Paul wrote:

What you are asking for is overhead projector tranparencies. These can be
printed on a laser printer.

There are two kinds.

Ask someone who has gummed up the fuser unit...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 18, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Susan Bugher wrote:

Perhaps you could shrink your signs down a bit 11"x17" is not a lot
smaller than 12"x18".

We already sourced a few dozen 12x18 steel blanks from someone who worked
in a...
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 18, 11:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Mayayana wrote:

I think his main point was that vector graphics
make more sense for large scaling of simple
images.

I don't disagree with you that if you are printing *directly* to the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 18, 11:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Eco Clean wrote:

I never could get it to a final size of 12x18 though, no matter what I did
with the numbers. This guessing stuff is for the birds.

I gave up on Posteriza, but Poserazor was...
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 18, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Eco Clean wrote:

I'm spending my time installing and running the three suggested softwares.
http://www.posteriza.com/es/index.php?lang=en_US
https://sourceforge.net/projects/posterazor/
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 18, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Jonathan N. Little wrote:

There are freeware vector graphics programs available. I listed some,

Bearing in mind that my x-acto knife is the final "vector" program, I did
install Inkscape and...
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 18, 10:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Mayayana wrote:

Are we talking about the same thing? Rasterbator
asks for an image, then thruns that into a pointilized
image to be printed on multiple sheets of paper. It's
not just...
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 18, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Eco Clean
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Mayayana wrote:

I was thinking of the laminate sheets for going
over glued paper, not paint. In other words:

1) cut out letters and use that template to
spray signs. Done.

2)...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61