Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Adams
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 07, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

frederick wrote:

It was worth pointing out the error just to get a response from John Adams.

Unlike you, I know how to deal with troll posts.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 07, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Toby wrote:
Scanning my positives at 4000 ppi is no match for my Nikon D200 in terms of
color accuracy, sharpness and noise, especially at ISOs over 200.

Toby

My slide film is Kodachrome...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 07, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Scott W wrote:

Gee, I always thought 35mm at night looked really bad, look at the
choices, shoot high iso and get crap or shoot low iso and get blurry
photos.

Ever hear of a little...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 9th 07, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27
Posted By John Adams
Canon: The rape of the unwary... $195 for sensor cleaning!!!!!

David J. Littleboy wrote:

You guys should live in a civilized country.

Is that the same civilized country that raped and pillaged during WWII?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 9th 07, 11:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

John McWilliams wrote:

You are debating with a name shifting pest, which is a lower form of Troll.

Well, that's still held in higher regard than a grammer/spelling netcop
like Frederick....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 9th 07, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Chris Malcolm wrote:

Read another page. The advantages of the bigger sensor are in
difficult conditions when the amount of light approaches the noise
level of the smaller ones.

Yea, and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 8th 07, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Pete D wrote:

Nah, you are just a naughty little boy thats looking for attention, you got
it so you should be happy now.

I look at it more like performance art and not looking for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 8th 07, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Charlie Self wrote:

You did higher quality work than what magazines? Arizona Higways?

Like limited edition prints for artists.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 8th 07, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Chris Malcolm wrote:

The best P&S cameras of today can easily beat 35mm film in good
conditions. It's difficult conditions where they get into trouble.

Not going by that same website I was...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 8th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

John McWilliams wrote:

That does it, then. If it was on a website, it hadda be accurate.

Well, wasn't I directed to another website to prove I was wrong? Duh!
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 7th 07, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Scott W wrote:

Interesting thread, seems John got conned into believing that scanned
film would beat any digital my a fellow on the scanner news group.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 7th 07, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

wrote:

Somebody ought to jap slap the stupidity right out of you.

What's a "jap" slap? You racist bigot.

Are you REALLY this stupid or are you just trying to troll up...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 7th 07, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

wrote:

You are comparing your results to an Olympus 2020Z!!!!

I never said that is what I am comparing to! I was just stating what
camera I do own. What I was saying is I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 7th 07, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Charlie Self wrote:

By the way, most magazines use a 150 screen, effectively way below 300
DPI. Scan a page and check it out.

Isn't that LPI and not DPI? I haven't worked in printing for a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 7th 07, 08:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

frederick wrote:

You've got a thread running with over 40 posts up as I type this, and
all based on the implied premise of "film vs digital" - a debate which
should have died years...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 7th 07, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

HankB wrote:

All that education and you confuse pixel count with image quality?

I'm a bit rusty, also, I read a website a few years back that claimed
you would need 50mp to match 35mm film...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 7th 07, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

There is no such thing as ownership of a thread.

I *own* this thread and have made you all my bitches.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 7th 07, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

C J Campbell wrote:

Ah. But does your scanner surpass the results of the H3DII? After all,
you did claim that your scanner surpasses the results of *any* DC on the
market. :-)

Well, yea, it...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 6th 07, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

frederick wrote:

lol - you dimwitted presumptuous troll.
Where is it that you get the idea that the posters to this group were
born yesterday?

If I am the troll and you are replying to me...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 6th 07, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Pete D wrote:

That would certainly take some doing Douglas is about 60.

Ok, he's back to diapers now but they call them depends instead. :)
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 6th 07, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

David J. Littleboy wrote:

(There are films that allow 35mm to do quite a bit better, but they're
either discontinued or not really practical.

Yea, I've used Kodak Recording film with ISO...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 6th 07, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

David J. Littleboy wrote:

This is, of course, simply wrong.

Here's what happens when you compare 35mm to medium format and the 5D.

Now compare the 35mm straight to print without the scanner...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 6th 07, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Charles wrote:

It's not about resolution!

I agree, and that is why I never intend to upgrade to a fancy-schmancy
10mp Nikon when my 2.1mp Olympus is just as good. :/
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 6th 07, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

M-M wrote:
And wait to see your results.

Results are good. I only have a 2.1mp Olympus 2020Z so need to get a
10mp DSLR before I can really compare. Want to lend me your Nikon D80? :)
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 6th 07, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By John Adams
I've got a 30mp digital camera

Douglas wrote:

Recent films may have better scanning capabilities than traditional ones but
never will a scan of a 35 mm film, come close to producing image quality
produced by an 8...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37