Showing results 1 to 25 of 89
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 17th 07, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 41
Posted By Mike
A TOTALLY DIGITAL CONVERSATION !

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/36066694

The difference between art and a snapshot is how long a viewer stops to
take a look. I stopped looking at this picture after about a second.
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 17th 07, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike
Newbie says hello

Yes, a support group might be a more accurate description!

I love APUG...I was leary at first, but the community is great. People
are *very* friendly. I met someone who lives just a
few miles away...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 17th 07, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 74
Posted By Mike
Landscape photos, boring?

Hey, while we're on the subject of landscapes .... does anyone have
any comments about wedding landscapes? Specifically, crooked wedding
landscapes .... with kite surfers?

Can't let it go,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 17th 07, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 74
Posted By Mike
Landscape photos, boring?

I get maybe 1-2 frameable landscape exposures a year. But those 1-2 are
worth it. Especially when shot on 4x5 or 120 :-)

--Mike

This topic came up on another thread but since we need a lot...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 17th 07, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 41
Posted By Mike
A TOTALLY DIGITAL CONVERSATION !

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/36066694

The difference between art and a snapshot is how long a viewer stops to
take a look. I stopped looking at this picture after about a second.
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 16th 07, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike
Newbie says hello

Welcome. Many of us who still shoot film have moved on to www.apug.org

Check it out!

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:41:45 -0700, kopite64 wrote:

Hello Ladies and Gents

1st post just thought I...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 16th 07, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 41
Posted By Mike
A TOTALLY DIGITAL CONVERSATION !

I'm surprised he didn't bail after you repeatedly egged him on about his
choice of equipment. You really need to get over the equipment aspect of
photography. Just like Nick Brandt, here is another...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 15th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 43
Bye
Posted By Mike
Bye

join www.apug.org

Maybe someday it's going to get more photographic oriented, not
personal or political, see ya then, UW-Wayne
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 14th 07, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike
Medium format wildlife

Pentax 6x7 wildlife photography exhibited worldwide and published:

www.nickbrandt.com

Shot recently, not before 1985
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 14th 07, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 40
Posted By Mike
What a waste of talent: DOUG, BRET

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 06:45:19 -0700, Annika1980 wrote:

On Mar 13, 6:25 am, Tony Polson wrote:

So you think that no competent shots of wild birds were ever taken in
the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 13th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 40
Posted By Mike
What a waste of talent: DOUG, BRET

Neither would know what to do with a Hasselblad. No auto-exposure, no LCD
screen, etc. I bet neither has ever used a hand-held light meter before.

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:56:49 -0700, uw wayne...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 7th 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 38
Posted By Mike
Opinion on handheld Delta 3200 shot

I have an Epson 4990 scanner. I like it, but for some reason it really
seems to magnify grain w/ 35mm negatives.

Try Delta 3200 with Xtol.

I'm wondering if I am getting reasonable results...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 4th 07, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 18
Posted By Mike
Almost Arrested In NYC

Hi John,

Nice website.

I've been stopped before by security guards who said they were gonna
report me to the FBI for suspected terrorism. The FBI hasn't shown up at
my door yet and that was a few...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment February 24th 07, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike
About Epson 4870 scanner

They are very similar. I think the 4990 does slightly better (sharpness,
shadow detail), but not by very much. If you have a good deal on a 4870,
nab it. Nearly the same scanner.

i am...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 20th 07, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike
Why I hardly ever use my Leica anymore

I have been rescanning family color negatives, mostly iterations of
Kodacolor 100-200 speed, dating back now over 20 years. In general emulsion
quality improved over this time span with...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 19th 07, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike
Digital vs Scanners??

digital mosaics takes the fun out of photography and the art of
composition.

try taking mosaics of fast-changing light. it doesn't work. For example,
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 15th 07, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 37
Posted By Mike
Digital vs Scanners??

digital mosaics takes the fun out of photography and the art of
composition.

try taking mosaics of fast-changing light. it doesn't work. For example,
sunrise/sunset/rainbows/storms/etc.
Forum: In The Darkroom February 14th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 38
Posted By Mike
Printing w/o easel

okay, i begin to understand the method but .... after focusing, how
to put the new printing paper in the same position as the focusing
paper?

Just put a tiny piece of masking tape on...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 14th 07, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 38
Posted By Mike
Printing w/o easel

Printing without an easel is no problem with flat RC paper. Just put some
removeable marks on the baseboard so you know where to position the paper.

Unfortunately FB paper often doesn't stay flat,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 11th 07, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 46
Posted By Mike
WHY I PICK ON D-MAC !

You pick on people because you act like a child at grade school
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 10th 07, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 38
Posted By Mike
Calumet?

For studio work, the Calumet CC-40x cameras will do just fine!

it more (a
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 25th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike
Minolta X370 help

It is probably easy to fix if you are not afraid of it. A few screws
hold it in place. If you need a replacement black ring, reply with your
e-mail and I can probably send you one from a broken...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 14th 07, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike
backpack?

I have a LowerPro PhotoTrekker AW that I'm pretty happy with. The zippers
seem very tough.

My f64 backpack finally crapped out after several years: failed
zippers. I have LF equipment...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 9th 07, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 46
Posted By Mike
Sparked interest to join the LF crew. Some questions to help me begin!:)

Regarding sharpening, most sharpening does not actually
sharpen, but only changes accutance. For another method,
see:
Image Restoration Using Adaptive Richardson-Lucy Iteration
Showing results 1 to 25 of 89