Showing results 1 to 25 of 102
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ric Trexell
Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 12, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Ric Trexell
Nikon D5100 questions.

I posted this in the Nikon group but that ng is pretty dead, so I reposting
it here.

I recently bought a D5100 hoping to do some stock photography. I'm finding
the Cd instruction book to be not...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 11th 11, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Ric Trexell
What is the oldest digital pic you have on your computer?

Back about 1990 there was a company advertising a $300 board that you put in
your computer. They advertised in Computer Shopper and it was a video
capture board. I bought it and used it to take...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 11th 11, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Ric Trexell
Please bring back 110 film and new 110 cameras

Like all inexpensive cameras, they started out with some really good ones,
and the people demanded cheaper and cheaper cameras. Eventually, all that
was available in 110 format were the cheapy...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 11th 10, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 270
Posted By Ric Trexell
Anyone still shoot film?

Yes, I still use only film. Do I feel sort of stupid when my family gets
together and we look at the recent pictures we have taken? Yes. I bring out
a photo album with pictures that are 4X6 inches...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment January 6th 10, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 2
Posted By Ric Trexell
Rubber lense hood. 77mm

Does anyone know where a person can buy those rubber lenses hoods that are
for a 77mm (filter thread) lense? The most I can find are either 67 or 72.
I have seen several pictures of them on a Mamiya...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 28th 09, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 19
Posted By Ric Trexell
I can't believe I did this. Did you ever do anything this dumb?

I know this is not the worst that could happen, I have done worse but caught
my mistake before taking a whole roll. I was using a medium format 6X7 with
a strobe off to the side. It isn't like I was...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 26th 09, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 19
Posted By Ric Trexell
I can't believe I did this. Did you ever do anything this dumb?

I was shooting a friend and his wife today and kept thinking that I was
forgeting something. I checked the meter, the focus and all that, but
couldn't think of anything. Then when I got home I...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 5th 09, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 3
Posted By Ric Trexell
Rb 67 Pro S question/problem.

"Ric Trexell" wrote in message
I have developed a weird problem with my Mamiya RB67 Pro S. When I got
this
camera by...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 3rd 09, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 3
Posted By Ric Trexell
Rb 67 Pro S question/problem.

I have developed a weird problem with my Mamiya RB67 Pro S. When I got this
camera by winning an ebay auction, (ok hold down the lol's) the interlocks
didn't work. This sort of helped me to learn...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 3rd 09, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 16
Posted By Ric Trexell
What do you pay for developing?

"Toni Nikkanen" wrote in message

I'd like to point it out that nowadays, if someone is displeased with
the quality, service, speed...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 2nd 09, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"K W Hart" wrote in message

"Ric Trexell" wrote in message
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment April 30th 09, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 16
Posted By Ric Trexell
What do you pay for developing?

" The price you are paying is very attractive. The price you quote for 35mm
($2.44)- is that for two week turnaround or one hour? I suspect that the
processing was incorrectly coded in the...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment April 29th 09, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 16
Posted By Ric Trexell
What do you pay for developing?

I'm wondering what some of you have to pay for developing and printing 120
film. I take mine to my local Wal-Mart in central Wisconsin and get ten
pictures (from a 6X7 camera) for $1.44. The only...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 8th 09, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 9
Posted By Ric Trexell
Mamiya Rb67 mirror up question.

wrote in message
On Feb 28, 2:23 pm, "Ric Trexell" wrote:
I was reading the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 6th 09, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Ric Trexell
Serious question - how many of you are photographers for profit.

"K W Hart" wrote in message
With all due respect, I sincerely hope that your motivation is deeper than
this.
(Here's a bit...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 5th 09, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Ric Trexell
Serious question - how many of you are photographers for profit.

Thanks for the answers to my question. (Although not all questions were
answered.) My interest in doing photography as a side line came from a few
things happening in my photographic hobby, and...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 2nd 09, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 19
Posted By Ric Trexell
My sister went to digital.

"Ric Trexell" wrote in message
The digital guys were right. People are going to switch to digital. Here
is an...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 1st 09, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 19
Posted By Ric Trexell
My sister went to digital.

The digital guys were right. People are going to switch to digital. Here
is an example, my sister took film pictures for years with her little point
and shoot camera, mainly of the grandkids. She...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment February 28th 09, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 9
Posted By Ric Trexell
Mamiya Rb67 mirror up question.

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Ric Trexell wrote:
I was reading the manual for the RB 67 Pro S for...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment February 28th 09, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 9
Posted By Ric Trexell
Mamiya Rb67 mirror up question.

I was reading the manual for the RB 67 Pro S for mirror up operation. It
says that you first put the mirror up and then trip the shutter with a
shutter release cable, or if you don't have a release...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 21st 09, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 44
Posted By Ric Trexell
Report: Film still available

I never said that digital didn't have some great things going for it, the
reason I see it as a fad is that you first have to look at it as the
majority see it. Those of us that are into photography...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 19th 09, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 44
Posted By Ric Trexell
Report: Film still available

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
This report is likely to only be of interest to those still shooting
film...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 18th 09, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 44
Posted By Ric Trexell
Report: Film still available

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
Being out of slow-speed color print film, went to Target[1] yesterday
with...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 18th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Ric Trexell
Part needed for XD-11

I'm going to sell my late brother in laws Minolta XD-11 camera but it needs
the rewind lever for the film. He lent it to someone and they pulled the
little lever off the rewind thing. I have done a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 11th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 46
Posted By Ric Trexell
So film is dead?

"Ric Trexell" wrote in message