Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Salomon
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 24th 07, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Salomon
Rokunar Slide Duplicator HELP

In article ,
Anthony Allen wrote:

How do I get sharp, uncropped (or at least minimally) images

You don't with...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment September 22nd 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob Salomon
rangefinder adjustment..."vintage question"

In article ,
darkroommike wrote:

The graflex.org site has instructions on how to calibrate a
couple of different rangefinders that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 30th 07, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By Bob Salomon
Nikon-Non US Warranty-So?

In article kJqBi.1408$9T5.771@trndny02,
"Jürgen Exner" wrote:

Are these cameras different?

Possible, but unlikely. Although manufacturers have been known to sell...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 19th 07, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 53
Posted By Bob Salomon
Circular Polarizer/UV Filter Question

In article ,
Tony Polson wrote:

That may be true of junk brands - such as Tiffen.

No, that is true of any true UV filter for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 19th 07, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 53
Posted By Bob Salomon
Circular Polarizer/UV Filter Question

In article ,
Tony Polson wrote:

Here we go again. A UV filter does not have a colour cast and does
not affect visible light. It...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 19th 07, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 53
Posted By Bob Salomon
Circular Polarizer/UV Filter Question

In article ,
"John" wrote:

Bob Salomon wrote:
In article , BRH BRH
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 19th 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 53
Posted By Bob Salomon
Circular Polarizer/UV Filter Question

In article ,
Tony Polson wrote:

There was a time when people correctly understood the difference
between "Skylight" filters, which...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 19th 07, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 53
Posted By Bob Salomon
Circular Polarizer/UV Filter Question

In article , BRH BRH
wrote:

Bob Salomon wrote:
In article , BRH BRH
wrote:

I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 18th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 53
Posted By Bob Salomon
Circular Polarizer/UV Filter Question

In article , BRH BRH
wrote:

I just bought a circular polarizer for my D80.

Is it best to:
a) remove the UV filter that I have on the lens...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 14th 07, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Salomon
Multicoated Lens Filter Recommendations

In article ,
"David Ruether" wrote:

Doesn't happen.

Does. Go and actually try it yourself. Shoot a heavily back lighted
scene and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 13th 07, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Salomon
Multicoated Lens Filter Recommendations

In article ,
"David Ruether" wrote:

I thought we had generally answered this - buy Hoya
single-coated

And get flare.

The...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 13th 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Salomon
Multicoated Lens Filter Recommendations

In article ,
Dave wrote:

I've received recommendations for
Neutral Color (or possibly UV filters).

Once again, a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 11th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By Bob Salomon
Thoughts on "Multicoated" lens filters

In article
,
(D.M. Procida) wrote:

Dave wrote:

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 11th 07, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By Bob Salomon
Thoughts on "Multicoated" lens filters

In article ,
Tony Polson wrote:

Dave wrote:

The UV filter is the correct one to use. It has no colour...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By Bob Salomon
Thoughts on "Multicoated" lens filters

In article ,
Dave wrote:

should i buy "Multicoated" lens covers (i believe a.k.a. Neutral
Density Glass Filters)? ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Salomon
Lens Cleaning Question

In article ,
"Bob" wrote:

I just picked up a Canon 28-135mm IS on ebay for $300. It arrived today in
great working condition....
Forum: Digital Photography August 8th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature
Replies: 20
Posted By Bob Salomon
Circular Polarizers, A Filter You Need

In article ,
"Fat Sam" wrote:

How would I find out if a camera has a bean splitter?
Serious question with a genuine...
Forum: Photographing Nature August 8th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature
Replies: 18

"Fat Sam" wrote:

How would I find out if a camera has a bean splitter?
Serious question with a genuine...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 8th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature

"Fat Sam" wrote:

How would I find out if a camera has a bean splitter?
Serious question with a genuine...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 8th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature
Replies: 19

"Fat Sam" wrote:

How would I find out if a camera has a bean splitter?
Serious question with a genuine...
Forum: Digital Photography August 8th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature
Replies: 20
Posted By Bob Salomon
Circular Polarizers, A Filter You Need

In article ,
"Matt Clara" wrote:

The reason for this is that both of these systems use semi-silvered mirrors
to siphon off...
Forum: Photographing Nature August 8th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature

"Matt Clara" wrote:

The reason for this is that both of these systems use semi-silvered mirrors
to siphon off...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 8th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature

"Matt Clara" wrote:

The reason for this is that both of these systems use semi-silvered mirrors
to siphon off...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 8th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature

"Matt Clara" wrote:

The reason for this is that both of these systems use semi-silvered mirrors
to siphon off...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 8th 07, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob Salomon
Circular Polarizers, A Filter You Need

In article ,
"Matt Clara" wrote:

The circular will tend to give slightly _poorer_ results, as it's designed
to let some...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125