Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Vanini
Forum: Digital Photography April 13th 08, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By John Vanini
Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F)--disassembly

Hi Toby,

Been away for a break so couldn't try to dis-assemble the scanner until this
morning.

I removed the top cover and undid the two screws at the bottom of the
'wells', as you described, and...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 08, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By John Vanini
Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F)--disassembly

Hello Toby,

Brilliant! I must admit, I have, accidentally, lifted that top cover off
many times in the past and never once thought to shine a light down the
holes! I've just put the cover...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 08, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By John Vanini
Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F)

"Allen" wrote in message

I haven't read every post to this thread, so this might already have been
suggested. I would set...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 08, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By John Vanini
Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F)

"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" wrote in message

Maybe you can post a link to a photo of the scanner's bottom? If there's
any
chance of taking...
Forum: Digital Photography April 7th 08, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By John Vanini
Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F)

I'm sorry! So, sorry! So, very, very, sorry! I meant to say Canon not Epson!

I've also got a problem with an Epson printer and have been discussing this
all morning with the result that I typed the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 7th 08, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By John Vanini
Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F)

"Kevin McMurtrie" wrote in message
"John...
Forum: Digital Photography April 7th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By John Vanini
Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F)

"Paul D Moore" wrote in message
snip

This problem is very common, particularly with Epson scanners. I've had
new...
Forum: Digital Photography April 6th 08, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By John Vanini
Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F)

Thanks everybody,

I'll look into all the suggestions but it's obviously easier to try the
silica gel route first.

I did put the scanner in a warm, dry cupboard for a day and that made no...
Forum: Digital Photography April 5th 08, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By John Vanini
Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F)

"Bob Williams" wrote in message
You might try putting the scanner in a cardboard box with a pound of
Silica Gel. Seal the box...
Forum: Digital Photography April 5th 08, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By John Vanini
Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F)

I have a Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F) and, some time ago, marks looking
exactly like moisture trails (I'm sure that's what they are) appeared all
over the inside of the glass.

I can't find a...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10