Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.91 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: G.T.
Forum: In The Darkroom July 29th 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 4
Posted By G.T.
Enlarger question at rental darkroom

"Craig Schroeder" wrote in message
It's all good equipment and the dichro gear is a nice way to deal with
variable...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 28th 08, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 4
Posted By G.T.
Enlarger question at rental darkroom

The following enlarger setups are available at my local rental darkroom:

Omega D5XL (Super Chromega D Dichroic II) w/ Chromegatrol Timer
Omega D5 XL w/ Saunders LPL Digital Timer
Omega D5 XL w/...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 25th 08, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 10
Posted By G.T.
Buying medium format cameras in New York ;)

Toni Nikkanen wrote:
"David J. Littleboy" writes:

FWIW, KEH at least will ship internationally. Adorama might, too. There are
hassles and inconveniences and expenses...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 25th 08, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 7
Posted By G.T.
Pentax 67II vs 6x7 lenses

LGLA wrote:

"David J. Littleboy" wrote in message

"LGLA" wrote:

I had a new '97 67 and a...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 5th 08, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 3
Posted By G.T.
Is there a moderator? Why don'; you stop the spam?

Alan Browne wrote:
leo6645 wrote:
Most of the messages in this group are spam - why is the moderator
allowing this? I invite the users to boycott the site until the spam
is gone..!
(Now...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 2nd 08, 09:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 58
Posted By G.T.
New Sigma Turd

RichA wrote:
On Jan 31, 12:36 pm, "Mr. Strat" wrote:
Sigma has announced a new P&S, designated the DP1, which claims to be
14 megapixels using their favored oddball...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 26th 08, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By G.T.
B&W film developing questions

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:

While not exactly on topic as per Richard's post, allow me to point out as
per the main topic of B&W film developing that one of the most important
items in...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment January 26th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By G.T.
Moderate this newsgroup?

scenic_man wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
chasfs wrote:
The number of off-topic posts is rising, but we
can do something about it. We can turn this
into a moderated newsgroup - see

Forum: In The Darkroom January 25th 08, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 40
Posted By G.T.
Home printing suggestions

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
"G.T." wrote

Thanks!

At $75 I won't mind replacing the lenses if...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 24th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 40
Posted By G.T.
Home printing suggestions

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/24/2008 10:18 AM Lawrence Akutagawa spake thus:

"Thor Lancelot Simon" wrote in message

Blotter...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 24th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 40
Posted By G.T.
Home printing suggestions

Richard Knoppow wrote:

Thanks for all the tips.

Anoter suggestion: Use a two bath fixer. The capacity of
a single fixing bath to fix completely, which is important
to permenance, is...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 24th 08, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 40
Posted By G.T.
Home printing suggestions

Ok, so I found an Omega B-22 with safelight, timer, lenses, neg carriers and
a couple of 11x14 trays for $75.

I'll be doing both fiber and RC so need some ultra-economic ideas (both
cost-wise and...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 17th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By G.T.
Zone VI cold light head

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message

"G.T." wrote in message
Forum: In The Darkroom January 16th 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By G.T.
Zone VI cold light head

There's a decent looking Beseler 23 series with a cold light head on
Craigslist.

I've read that one needs to do additional filtration on the cold light
heads. Is that true? If so, what type of...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 11th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By G.T.
Ilford buys Kentmere

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message
An announcment on the Ilfordphoto web site states that they have
aquired Kentmere.

Forum: In The Darkroom January 9th 08, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By G.T.
Enlarger question

"Thor Lancelot Simon" wrote in message
G.T. wrote:
I've been...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By G.T.
B&W film developing questions

"Rod Smith" wrote in message
"G.T." ...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By G.T.
Enlarger question

I've been poking around on Ebay and Craigslist and there are some reasonble
enlargers available at the moment, several Beseler 23c series.

What's the most basic enlarger that I can do 35mm, 6x4.5,...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By G.T.
B&W film developing questions

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/7/2008 11:28 PM G.T. spake thus:

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Tongs, stop bath and fixer. Gloves if you have skin problems
with the chemicals.

Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By G.T.
B&W film developing questions

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
G.T. wrote:
enlarger, lens, neg holder, timer

I started out without a timer, I used a watch.
Before that I used the the old "one-one thousand" method for
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By G.T.
B&W film developing questions

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/7/2008 7:46 PM G.T. spake thus:

With the drums can I agitate manually or is it too inconvenient to
agitate it myself? Do I need to get a roller, too?

I'd...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By G.T.
B&W film developing questions

Ken Hart wrote:
"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
G.T. wrote:
Rob Morley wrote:
If I were to use a drum what...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By G.T.
B&W film developing questions

Richard Knoppow wrote:
"G.T." wrote in message

From reading your post and Lawrence's I can test by
snipping off the leader of a 35mm roll? Just drop it in
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By G.T.
B&W film developing questions

"Rod Smith" wrote in message
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By G.T.
B&W film developing questions

"Rod Smith" wrote in message