Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RichG
Forum: Digital Photography February 16th 07, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By RichG
Wonder how many quit printing their photos

I,. like you, print darn few photos these days. But, I'll continue to take
full resolution shots so that I can get better pictures with cropping.
Rich
Forum: Digital Photography February 5th 07, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By RichG
Tips on getting better results with built in flash?

1. Some point and shoot cameras (Sony H2 an H5 ) have the ability to choose
the level of flash power. See if your camera has that option and if, so,
lower the flash power.

2. go to Ebay and type...
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 07, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By RichG
Tripod Question

You might also consider a mono-pod. regards, Rich
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 07, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By RichG
Need advice DIY digital camera repair

I can't help with your original question..but..you might watch Ebay or local
sellers for a damaged camera of the same type. That way you could bust it up
and find out how things tick. My...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 4th 07, 02:02 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By RichG
Full Moon

Both pix outstanding Fun, isn't it? Rich
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 07, 02:02 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 24
Posted By RichG
Full Moon

Both pix outstanding Fun, isn't it? Rich
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 07, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By RichG
Sony Cybershot DSC-H5; constant mechanical noise

Gene, I'm not going to do a thing about the "noise". Yes, it is present and
even with it... many users on the DP group have taken many thousands of
pictures with their cameras with no troubles.

(...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By RichG
Full Moon 2

Since we are posting shots of last night's FANTASTIC moon..I've also got one
up...... at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21167841@N00/343227811/

Sony DSC H5 12x 7.2 mgp with 1.7 Sony Tele-extender... ...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By RichG
Digital Camera Success Card

Hey Rob, If you still have those old Minolta lenses around, don't throw
them away. Many of them will fit the new Sony A100 DSLR ( Sony bought the
camera part of Minolta).

I have the DSC H5 Sony...
Forum: Digital Photography December 31st 06, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By RichG
Sony Cybershot DSC-H5; constant mechanical noise

yea, www.dpreview.com has a Sony Talk group and the same issues about the
"noise" comes up from time to time. I wouldn't worry about it. I have a
DSC H5, too..and I LOVE it! Rich
Forum: Digital Photography December 25th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By RichG
My/your ten or 15 best photos of 2006

On another photo group, a guy posted his ten best photos from 2006. I
thought it was a great idea to pare one's work down to just a few shots
annually. If the selection process is followed every...
Forum: Digital Photography November 20th 06, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 31
Posted By RichG
Does this simple camera exist?

I suggest you go to Google, and download their (FREE) Picasa2 photo editing
software.

Not only is it very easy to use, but it will also completely scan your
computer for pictures. It will place...
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 06, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By RichG
When will I ever learn?

The stretched chain method calls to mine how rifles were steadied. With the
strap wrapped just so, and tension placed against the strap with the
arms.........Hmmmmm .... RG
Forum: Digital Photo Equipment For Sale November 19th 06, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By RichG
Quantaray lens decent?

http://groups.google.com/groups?lnk=hpsg&hl=en&q=Quantaray
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras November 18th 06, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 7
Posted By RichG
Sony DSC H1

It sounds like you have set the camera, inadvertently, to "mega-burst mode".

On my DSC-H2 I have a top button that appears to say " /BRK " which
stands for BRACKET mode.

In the BRACKET mode,...
Forum: Digital Photography November 18th 06, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 31
Posted By RichG
Does this simple camera exist?

My Sony DSC-H2 does exactly what you are requesting. Perhaps your friends
have another Sony or have set it up so that the Sony software
is ---incorrectly---the "Open With" choice.

A LOT of...
Forum: Digital Photography November 18th 06, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By RichG
help me figure this out...low light shooting

I know everyone here is very happy with their DSLR's. Given the price that
one pays for the box and then to add on some excellent lenses..I'd imagine
they all do a great job.

Let me put in a...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras November 17th 06, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 7
Posted By RichG
Need advice for Sony digital camera use

1. Digital zoom just makes the existing pixels appear larger, therefore
fuzzy when viewed.

2. Optical zoom actually moves the image itself onto the camera larger ( as
if you walked closer to the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 17th 06, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By RichG
Megapixel vs. Zoom

Just a point of fact from Canon's own website on the 12 x zoom camera being
discussed..

Powershot S3IS(6 megapixels with 12X zoom).

"Focal Length
6.0-72.0mm f/2.7-3.5 (35mm film equivalent:...
Forum: Digital Photography November 17th 06, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By RichG
Megapixel vs. Zoom

Original question was
****I am looking for a starter camera for DEER photography. I want a small
point and shoot to start with. I like the Powershot G7 (10 megapixels with
6X zoom), and the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 17th 06, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By RichG
Megapixel vs. Zoom

I'm awfully happy with 6 mgp and 12 x OPTICAL zoom ( Sony DSC-H2 with
12xZeiss lens) for under $400.00.

For a little more, the next model up is 7 mgp.

The ability to get right up close and...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras November 17th 06, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 2
Posted By RichG
Advice needed: Anyone used a Panasonic FX50K?

For almost the same $$$ you can buy Canon; Nikon; Sony; Kodak AND Panasonic
digital cameras with 12 x telephoto; full manual OR auto controls; and 6
mgp.

I happen to own the Sony DSC-H2 (Carl...
Forum: Digital Photo Equipment For Sale November 11th 06, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By RichG
Damaged CD's

IF... you happen to have NERO CD Burner on your computer, or on a
friend's..you might try it.

I've found that the standard MS program will NOT write to certain CDs..( it
declares them...
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 06, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By RichG
Fujifilm FinePix E900 digital camera

I carry six AA NiMH batteries with me at all times. Two are in the camera,
four in the side pouch of the case. As soon as I see the battery indicator
below 1 / 2 ( AND I am staying out taking...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29