Showing results 1 to 25 of 108
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeffrey Kaplan
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 18th 08, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
nikon d40

Previously on rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, Alexander Arnakis said:

Remember, you can always "dumb it down" later if you want or need to
conserve space, but you can never add in fine detail...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 16th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
nikon d40

Previously on rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, Geoff Newbould said:

Is there any discernable difference in using fine as opposed to normal image
quality or even basic as one well known reviewer...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 21st 08, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
HD-DVD death blow - backup implications

Previously on rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, Scott W said:

I never paid much attention to the format war, content just wait for it
to be over. *Why do you think that HD-DVD is that bad?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 21st 08, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
HD-DVD death blow - backup implications

Previously on rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, Scott W said:

HD-DVD should have died before it came to market.

Why?

I never paid much attention to the format war, content just wait for it
to be...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 29th 08, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 33
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Nikon D60 is announced

Previously on rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, Mark Sieving said:

On Jan 29, 12:05*pm, "Neil Harrington" wrote:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d60.htm

The...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 1st 07, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Flash SB600

It is alleged that Thomas T. Veldhouse claimed:

Of course, you are absolutely correct. I am not really sure what the hell was
wrong with my brain when I posted that. My apologies.

Brain fart....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 31st 07, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Flash SB600

It is alleged that Thomas T. Veldhouse claimed:

Bruce wrote:
From what I've read it seems that, you set P mode and the D80 will select
the cameras highest...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 30th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Flash SB600

It is alleged that Bruce claimed:

I know this is a basic question, but what is the best setting on a D80/SB600
for taking photos when flash is the main source, such as at a party. Do you
set...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 26th 07, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 66
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Suggest a DLSR for a beginner

It is alleged that claimed:

Look into the Sony Alpha 100... it's priced down around $700 now, is great for
beginners, takes great pics, and you have a choice of lenses when you buy...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 26th 07, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 66
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Suggest a DLSR for a beginner

It is alleged that Bill claimed:

I certainly do. Before digital, there was little choice between SLR's
and point and shoots (except for the almighty instamatic g). If you
were interested...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 23rd 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 40
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
telephoto zoom for d40x

It is alleged that Alan Calan claimed:

Note that third party lens makers such as Sigma are introducing lenses
that are fully compatible with the D40x, usually at a lower price point
than...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 22nd 07, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 40
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
telephoto zoom for d40x

It is alleged that Alan Calan claimed:

My friend and her daughter, for whom I bought the D40x are just crazy
about it. Now they want to buy a longer zoom lens and asked my
advice. I don't...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 18th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Browser/Viewer for RAW (NEF) Files

It is alleged that BRH claimed:

v9 can do full-res RAW viewing. I don't remember v8 not doing it, but
bow to your experience.
It does not for the D40x. What camera do you have? :)
I...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Browser/Viewer for RAW (NEF) Files

It is alleged that BRH claimed:

v9 can do full-res RAW viewing. I don't remember v8 not doing it, but
bow to your experience.
It does not for the D40x. What camera do you have? :)
I...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Browser/Viewer for RAW (NEF) Files

It is alleged that Chris Savage claimed:

Do you want full-view capabilities for the browser, or will thumbnails
do? ACDSee Photo Manager can't do full-view on NEF files, but it does
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 18th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Browser/Viewer for RAW (NEF) Files

It is alleged that Chris Savage claimed:

Do you want full-view capabilities for the browser, or will thumbnails
do? ACDSee Photo Manager can't do full-view on NEF files, but it does
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 18th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Browser/Viewer for RAW (NEF) Files

It is alleged that BRH claimed:

As a newbie to RAW workflow, I purchased Nikon's CaptureNX software
based upon it's editing capabilities.

Now that my library of Nikon Raw (NEF) files is...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Browser/Viewer for RAW (NEF) Files

It is alleged that BRH claimed:

As a newbie to RAW workflow, I purchased Nikon's CaptureNX software
based upon it's editing capabilities.

Now that my library of Nikon Raw (NEF) files is...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 15th 07, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Minolta lens question

It is alleged that G.T. claimed:

After 4 years of non-use I'm resurrecting my Minolta Maxxum film SLR and
noticed a difference between my Minolta lenses and my Canon lenses. When
the Canons...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 20th 07, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 68
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Wishing To Go DSLR

It is alleged that Paul Furman claimed:

So it's the placement of the sensor.
Ah, sorry, wasn't reading the question. Yes the placement and they are
so small it's easy to lose, and probably...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 19th 07, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 68
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Wishing To Go DSLR

It is alleged that Paul Furman claimed:

Why? Is it the placement of the sensor? Or something else?
A heavy tripod is for big lenses outside in the wind.
Um, no. "Why" regarding a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 19th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

It is alleged that Paul Furman claimed:

The tripod doesn't matter for interiors with a wide angle, you just want
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 18th 07, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 68
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Wishing To Go DSLR

It is alleged that Paul Furman claimed:

The tripod doesn't matter for interiors with a wide angle, you just want
a cable release instead of an infrared remote.

Why? Is it the placement of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
10 megapixel?

It is alleged that SteveB claimed:

I got a D40x the end of June, with the two-lens kit from Ritz, and I'm
loving the camera.
Thanks. I had my mind made up, then unmade several times. The...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 07, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
10 megapixel?

It is alleged that Celcius claimed:

You're absolutely right. The difference between 6MP and 10 MP should be
clearly seen. However, the point was the difference between, the Xti (10MP)
and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 108