Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Giovanni Azua
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 2nd 08, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Giovanni Azua
Wide-Mid-range Zoom Nikon lens f/2.8 which one is best?

hi Paul,

Many thanks for your reply!

"Paul Furman" wrote in
You probably want the 17-55 then. OTOH with a tripod you don't need speed
and you have a 12-24.

I just...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 2nd 08, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Giovanni Azua
Wide-Mid-range Zoom Nikon lens f/2.8 which one is best?

hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

BRH wrote in message
On a D200/D300 DX or non-DX isn't an issue. Both lenses are excellent, so
I believe that it comes down to focal length. Although I have...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 1st 08, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Giovanni Azua
Wide-Mid-range Zoom Nikon lens f/2.8 which one is best?

hi,

I would like to buy a new wide/standard zoon lens with fixed aperture f/2.8
for all the focal range. The natural choices I have found a

(listed under standard zoom)
1-. AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 08, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Giovanni Azua
warranty coverage for these Nikon lenses

hi,

Thanks for your help, indeed B&H states that it include 1-year international
so seems to be Nikon standard? see the "Items Includes". The only problem
though is that I would like to buy both...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 08, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Giovanni Azua
warranty coverage for these Nikon lenses

hi,

A question for those who live in US and own any of these two lenses:

- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 ED AF-S
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR ED AF-S

I know they are sold in US with 5-years US warranty but do...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 2nd 07, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Giovanni Azua
how good is the bokeh?

Hi,

Many thanks for your feedback and advice, greatly appreciated!

I really like this lens though it is heavy! after a full day hanging around
the Zoo I could not feel my shoulders anymore :)...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 2nd 07, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Giovanni Azua
how good is the bokeh?

Hi Pete!

Many thanks for your feedback!

I was surprised to know it is harsh but indeed it is distracting
from the main subject, probably a bit of artificial Gaussian blur
would help making it...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 2nd 07, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Giovanni Azua
how good is the bokeh?

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for the advice, it is very warmly appreciated :)

I got the idea from your pictures, I really liked them. I currently
have my eye fixed on precisely that lens you mention...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 1st 07, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Giovanni Azua
how good is the bokeh?

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=461926152&size=o

was taken with Nikkor 80-400mm VR
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 29th 07, 10:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 59
Posted By Giovanni Azua
Help me pick out a lens for the Nikon D80

Hi Gary,

You will be more than pleased with the 18-200VR, if you get it you do
not need the kit lenses at all. However if you plan doing landscapes and
macro photography I would go for two...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 07, 10:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 63
Posted By Giovanni Azua
Help me pick out a lens for the Nikon D80

Hi Gary,

You will be more than pleased with the 18-200VR, if you get it you do
not need the kit lenses at all. However if you plan doing landscapes and
macro photography I would go for two...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 28th 07, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Giovanni Azua
my new photographs ... feedback?

"john cuthbertson" wrote in message

"Giovanni Azua" wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 28th 07, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Giovanni Azua
my new photographs ... feedback?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7720089@N03/
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 15th 07, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Giovanni Azua
about Nikon Capture's noise reduction ...

Hi all,

This is only a conjecture but the result of applying high color noise
reduction
to a NEFF file using Capture NX produces almost exactly the same results as
doing two photos sandwiching with...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 8th 07, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By Giovanni Azua
[OT] 80 Digital Photos Now On My Web Page...

"Skip" wrote in message
(I have a couple of old Exactas and a Bolsey, and used to have an Exacta II
with a waist level finder.)

Opps hey if we follow the strict...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 31st 07, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By Giovanni Azua
rquest 4 feedback ... :)

Last four pictures are mine ... would be nice getting feedback on how to
perhaps do it better ... I included as much tech info as...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 22nd 07, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Giovanni Azua
question on filters ...

Hi all,

I have a D200 and several lenses:

- Nikkor 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 VR ED
- Nikkor prime 50mm f/1.4 ED
- Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 VR ED

(this one needs special "gelatine" filters anyway ...)
-...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 4th 07, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By Giovanni Azua
question about using flash indoors ...

Hi Rita!

First of all many thanks for your very helpful response!

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message

The 18-200mm VR is an extremely bad lens choice for this. You will...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 4th 07, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By Giovanni Azua
question about using flash indoors ...

Hi all,

Suppose you have the following eq: D200, SB-800,
18-200mm VR

you are in a Disco with the following conditions:

- people dancing i.e. moving
- place very dark with changing color lights
-...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 17th 07, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Giovanni Azua
what's going on with Nikon D200?

Hi all,

There was for some time already actually rare to find a D200 with 150USD
discounted and out of the sudden there are millions of offers in all price
ranges for D200 and even people selling...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 5th 07, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Giovanni Azua
D200 defective!!! :(((

Hi all,

I got a new D200 and I thought it was losing the focus because of the
temperature 0C or because of some setting but it now looks really
defective to me!! :((((

- I have three (All with...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 4th 07, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By Giovanni Azua
D200 temperature limitation ...

Hi,

Today was surprised to see that my new D200's AF does not work
when temperature was under -5C in the top of a mountain ... I got really
scared because the camera is brand new and then later back...
Forum: Digital Photography October 27th 06, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Giovanni Azua
full blurred background effect with D70?

Hello all,

I am reading the "Understanding Exposure" book from Bryan Peterson p.36
and can not manage to make my D70 get a similar picture of having a clearly
focused foreground element e.g. flower...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 06, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By Giovanni Azua
D80 "limitation" of lower maximum shutter speed 1/4000?

Hi folks,

As stated in the review on http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/
the single downgrade comparing D80 vs D70 & D70s is the slower
maximum shutter speed ... isn't it a downgrade to worry...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24