Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 6.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Ruether[_3_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 26th 11, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Quake-proof Nikon

"Paul Furman" wrote in message

[Most of an interesting thread left out, to comment on a few parts...]
I went through the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 25th 11, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Quake-proof Nikon

"Me" wrote in message ...

In the Chch quake the other day, my D300 with 18-70 lens was thrown from the top of an antique scotch chest in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 25th 11, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Obsession.

"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
* Alan Browne wrote :

http://tinyurl.com/48gb9lb

LOL at some of the comments.

"Wow, I bet...
Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 11, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
VGA vs HD video resolution on a P & S... How important...???

"BIG DAVE" wrote in message

I am thinking of spending about $100 (give or take) on an...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 15th 11, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Slow, expensive, mediocre lenses holding micro 4/3rds back

"David Ruether" wrote in message
"Paul Furman" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 11, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Slow, expensive, mediocre lenses holding micro 4/3rds back

"David Ruether" wrote in message
"Paul Furman" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 13th 11, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Slow, expensive, mediocre lenses holding micro 4/3rds back

"Paul Furman" wrote in message ...
Rich wrote:
Paul wrote in news:34idnbI_
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 11, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
superzoom cameras request

"Stark" wrote in message

i wanted to buy a compact super zoom camera and i'm undecided among
these

panasonic -tz-10
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 10, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
What camcorder feature do I look for to get "stop action animation to movie"

"Harold Lathom" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:52:51 -0500, David Ruether wrote:

"Digital camera" should do it

Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 10, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
What camcorder feature do I look for to get "stop action animation to movie"

"Harold Lathom" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:18:58 +0000, Harold Lathom wrote:

My kid wants to make movies with his...
Forum: Digital Photography December 20th 10, 05:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Angle of inclination of LCD display

"Paullie" wrote in message

Is there a standard angle of inclination for LCD displays to get the best
definition and color?

My wife...
Forum: Digital Photography December 19th 10, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
When will video SCREENS catch up with camera resolution?

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
David Ruether wrote:
"peter" wrote in...
Forum: Digital Photography December 11th 10, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
When will video SCREENS catch up with camera resolution?

"peter" wrote in message
On 12/9/2010 5:08 PM, Rich wrote:

Right now, screens beyond 2M are very...
Forum: Digital Photography November 29th 10, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
need to buy wide angle lens for canon 5d2

wrote in message

as my canon 17-40 was 'borrowed' from my suitcase i need to replace it
..
i usually use it only for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 6th 10, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Ping Bruce - re that 300mm L lens

"David J Taylor" wrote in
message ...
"eatmorepies" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 5th 10, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Ping Bruce - re that 300mm L lens

"eatmorepies" wrote in message
"Bruce" wrote in message ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 10, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Oops, I did it again!

"Michael Benveniste" wrote in message

Ever hear of this stuff called 35mm film? I bought the 12-24mm
well before I bought a dSLR.

I...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 10, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Nice Thought

"Dudley Hanks" wrote in message
Dudley Hanks...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 10, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Single shot from video

"clw" wrote in message ...

I need to extract several single photos from a video. I have the video
on DVD and in iMovie. I also...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 10, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Amount of light

"bobwilliams" wrote in message
Man-wai Chang wrote:

Is there a simple physics equation that relates ISO, white balance,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 13th 10, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Sensor auto-cleaning, ultrasonic or bust

"Die Faggots" wrote in message

You might want to replace the polonium with the americium source. The
polonium half-life isn't too long unless it's polonium...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 16th 10, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Problems w Irfanview ? It disappears.

"Crash!" wrote in message
Problems w Irfanview ? It disappears.;
On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, Irwell wrote:
On Thu, 16...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 24th 10, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Nikon 85 mm f/1.4G

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:14:27 +0200, Robert Spanjaard

wrote:
: On Mon, 23...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 24th 10, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Nikon 24-120 f/4 VR

"Attila Jozsef" wrote in message
"David Ruether" wrote:

Nothing...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 24th 10, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By David Ruether[_3_]
Nikon 24-120 f/4 VR

"Bruce" wrote in message
"David Ruether" wrote:

Sample variation hit several Nikkors about...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125