Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marvin[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography September 29th 09, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Photo ethics

eNo wrote:

The only time I would say an ethical boundary is crossed is when
documentary/journalism photos are tweaked or manipulated to distort
the subject the image portrays. Beyond that,...
Forum: Digital Photography September 22nd 09, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Photo ethics

YDOD wrote:
I have recently gone back to photography after an absence of 15 years or
so. My previous hobby was usually pictures of flowers, leaves and
insects typically with Kodachrome 64. I...
Forum: Digital Photography September 9th 09, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Visions...

David Ruether wrote:
[ OT, but...;-) ]

Recently I've had more interesting visions than previously. ;-)
Early ones consisted of a closing black-field aperture (1/2
second), followed by an...
Forum: Digital Photography August 5th 09, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
A long post with lots of questions.

PDM wrote:
snip
I'm not sure I beleive this. Statistics can prove anything if you know how
to manipulate the data.

PDM

That depends on your credibility. For myself, I don't...
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 09, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Sort of a new camera

Dudley Hanks wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a Dell Netbook, a cheapy for $350 Cdn
(not including the external drive). The computer has a built in 1.3 meg web
cam that is kind...
Forum: Digital Photography July 22nd 09, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Looking for a Program

ScriptDude wrote:
Perhaps it would be easier to describe my specific need. I've needed
something similar to this in the past for various needs but never
found a program for it.

Here's the...
Forum: Digital Photography July 15th 09, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
The good old days of rpd

Does it make you feel that you are above other people whose
aim in photography isn't yours? Do you think that you are
better because you made the more expensive choice?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 14th 09, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Report says only the best will survive

Rich wrote:
And they included consumer cameras in this. "Variations of existing
devices will be launched over the next five years, and only those with
the best combination of price/performance...
Forum: Digital Photography July 6th 09, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Help me buy camera with GOOD zoom?

Jürgen Exner wrote:
Neil Ellwood wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 08:49:09 -0700, Jürgen Exner wrote:

Marvin wrote:
Image...
Forum: Digital Photography July 4th 09, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Help me buy camera with GOOD zoom?

wrote:
First off I know little abt digital cams

But I have a friend who has an older Sony H1 that
swears that the trend towards 12 megapixel and up units
is ludicrous as not...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 2nd 09, 03:53 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 135
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
[SI] Special category: Kodachrome

Bowser wrote:
Kodachrome is gone soon, but the images will live quite a while. If
you've shot some Kodachrome, find some good ones, scan them and send
them in. Show us what you liked about...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 2nd 09, 03:53 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7

Bowser wrote:
Kodachrome is gone soon, but the images will live quite a while. If
you've shot some Kodachrome, find some good ones, scan them and send
them in. Show us what you liked about...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 09, 03:53 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Bowser wrote:
Kodachrome is gone soon, but the images will live quite a while. If
you've shot some Kodachrome, find some good ones, scan them and send
them in. Show us what you liked about...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 09, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Scanning Resolution

thankyou wrote:
Also, with the PrimeFilm PF7250u from Costco
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11472903&whse=BC&top...

Would I be able to get a file large enough to enlarge a...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 09, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Scanning Resolution

thankyou wrote:
Would this be a good option?

Would a negative scaner from Costco work?
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11472903&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US&s=1

Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 09, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Scanning Resolution

thankyou wrote:
If anyone has a suggestion on scanner resolutions I’d appreciate the
help. I’m sort of up against time on this project, so, excuse me if
this question has an easy answer that I...
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 09, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Inkjets

ransley wrote:
How often should a printer left idle be made to print a photo to keep
the heads clean-working, are the jets in the cartrige, so if they clog
you just buy a new ink cartrige? Ive...
Forum: Digital Photography June 15th 09, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
A digital camera as a scanner

il barbi wrote:
I just want a scanner for slides being as fast as a photocopier...
Now I see these devices from www.heartlandamerica.com being actually digital
cameras
I agree the components...
Forum: Digital Photography May 24th 09, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Replacement battery brands?

Jean wrote:
I need to replace the battery for my camera (Pana FZ28). I don't want to pay the exorbitant price for a "Panasonic" branded battery - besides, I found the OEM battery to be insufficient...
Forum: Digital Photography May 23rd 09, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Easy way to check 2 similar cameras please

Rob G wrote:
On 23 May, 08:19, Bob Williams wrote:
Rob G wrote:
I've got two Panasonic FX01's. OK it's a basic P & S, but not too bad
a one for the price I've...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 09, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 323
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
grim news for photographers tourism and rights

nigel wrote:
http://www.bjp-online.com/public/showPage.html?page=856968

As far as this article and the international press goes it does'nt seem to
appear that he did anything wrong.

Forum: Digital Photography May 10th 09, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
lens shade stuck

aquadiver wrote:
The built-in lens shade/hood on my Canon EF 400mm f5.6L is stuck.
It's supposed to slide out and back, but for some reason it takes
incredible force to move it at all. If I...
Forum: Digital Photography April 7th 09, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Vanishing colors in inkjet printers?

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
snip
For example, my Canon Pixma iP 4300 has 2 different black ink tanks-one
large for texts, and one smaller for photos. (Of course, it has Cyan,
Magenta,...
Forum: Digital Photography April 6th 09, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Vanishing colors in inkjet printers?

Chris Malcolm wrote:
Paul wrote:
Hi,

I used mainly black laserjet. Yesterday I tried a new inkjet printer
and I noticed something strange. I printed mostly...
Forum: Digital Photography April 4th 09, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Marvin[_2_]
Home colorizer

GregS wrote:
A bit off subject. 3-4 years ago I bought a Glidden home
paint selector. You put in a photo of your house, and then can select colors and
paint over and see whats its going to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125