Showing results 1 to 25 of 119
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bruce
Forum: Digital Photography March 1st 09, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Bruce
I need help with my home studio set up

Sorry just noticed it won't fit Sony hotshoe.

Bruce

"Bruce" wrote in message
You could try the Interfit Infrared...
Forum: Digital Photography March 1st 09, 10:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Bruce
I need help with my home studio set up

You could try the Interfit Infrared one

https://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/ProductDetails~man~Interfit~productID~6288~categoryid~173.html
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 09, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By Bruce
Why No Bulb or Cable Release Socket?

Look at Page 122 of your manual.

Bruce
"jim evans" wrote in message
Why do most digital cameras have no Bulb...
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 09, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By Bruce
Why No Bulb or Cable Release Socket?

Your Panasonic Lumix FZ50 has a cable release socket, it's called remote
release

Bruce
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 09, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 32
Posted By Bruce
New DSLR user and need advice on Zoom Lenses...

I use a Nikon D80 & D200 the lens I use for landscapes is the excellent
Sigma 10-20mm for Zoo shots you will need something that goes up to 300mm.
The Nikon 70-210mm that I have can be a little on...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 08, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce
D200 Bracketing

Thanks for refering me to Page 197,does this apply to exposure bracketing as
well as WB bracketing?

Bruce
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 08, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce
D200 Bracketing

I upgraded from a D80 to a D200 on the D80 you could auto bracket (for say
HDR) at two stop stages so I could go from normal exposure to +2 and -2 in
three shots. I don't seem to be able to do this...
Forum: Digital Photography November 23rd 08, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Bruce
Studio Flash for Beginers

I found an interesting review by a user.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=511784

Bruce
Forum: Digital Photography November 23rd 08, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Bruce
Studio Flash for Beginers

This is the link to the kit
http://www.interfitphotographic.com/Lighitng/Lighting%20index.htm

it seems the softbox is 60cm and the GN 32 is metres. Is that decent specs?

Bruce
Forum: Digital Photography November 23rd 08, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Bruce
Studio Flash for Beginers

I;ve been looking at Interfit Studio Flash consisting of one softbox & one
brolly flash with GN 32 @100 ISO. Are these units any good for portraits.

Best Wishes
Bruce
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 23rd 08, 02:00 AM Posted to alt.graphics.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By Bruce
Monitor Calibration/Colour Profiles

If you note the instructions tell you to delete the Adobe Gamma program then
set your monitor to factory settings BEFORE you run the software.

Bruce
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 6th 08, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By Bruce
D200 or D90?

Same here,I just bought a mint D200 for £480 of Ebay,better than a D90 with
things on it I don't need or want.
Bruce
"seth1066" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 20th 08, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce
Nikon D50 Focus Question

Not sure about the Nikon D50,but check out the instructions relating to
customise settings.

Bruce
"D-Mac" wrote in message
Mbt6...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 24th 08, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By Bruce
Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G

Have a look at the Sigma 10-20mm,I've got one on a D80.The reviews are very
good.

--
Best Wishes

Bruce
www.thefalcon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/puds
"Buy_Sell" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 29th 08, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Bruce
beginners tripod

Have a look at the Silk Sprint PRO 3-Way at around £50

Best Wishes

Bruce
www.thefalcon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/puds
"greenbrightly" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography May 23rd 08, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 18
Posted By Bruce
Monitor Calibration Tools

Hi N

It made a much truer image on screen ,I have not yet tried the print
profile,before the print profile and monitir (adobe) were set tp Nikon
Srgb.There is an increase in Red and brightness...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 17th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 49
Posted By Bruce
Monitor Calibration Tools

I just took delivery of Spyder 2 Express & used it on an old Sony Laptop a 4
year old micro PC & my main PC . It was so easy to use and made a noticible
difference it was well worth £50.But make...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 16th 08, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27
Posted By Bruce
Flash

Thank you all for your advice.My friend has no knowledge of photography,so I
have set the sync speed to it's max 1/60 and advised him to put the D80 on
Auto. Most of the shots will be small groups...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 14th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27
Posted By Bruce
Flash

Iam lending my D80 & SB600 to friend to take indoor photos at a party. What
is the best setting for them to use,would it be camera set to Auto.

Best Wishes

Bruce
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 17th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 31
Posted By Bruce
D80 questions.

Probaly.I have used mainly for still subjects,it does work well on available
light portraits.

Bruce

"Lawrence Glickman" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 17th 08, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 31
Posted By Bruce
D80 questions.

It's really worth a playing with Photomatix HDR (it's free any way) .
I set my D80 to continous shooting mode, set camera brketing to +2
nd -2,camera to spotmeter and take a reading from the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 15th 08, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Bruce
D80 questions.

Try HDR by bracketing your exposure +2 Normal -2 process using Photomatix
(free) HDR program.

Bruce
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 29th 08, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
HDR
Posted By Bruce
HDR

Can anyone recommend any good books on HDR technique.
Best Wishes

Bruce
Showing results 1 to 25 of 119