Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Isaiah Beard
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 06, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Isaiah Beard
Canon: Digital Rebel XT vs Powershot S2

Jack Torrence wrote:
"Charles Gillen" wrote in message
"Vlad" wrote:

I'm not a pro (though...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 06, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Isaiah Beard
Convert AVI to JPG

Fitmiss wrote:
I have a Canon SD600. I accidentally took a couple of pictures in Movie
mode and just want a still shot. Is there a piece of software that I
can use to convert a frame into a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 17th 06, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By Isaiah Beard
New Canon??

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
ian wrote:
As there are rebates even in the uk for the 5D i should think an upgrade to
this camera is likely.

The 5D is not very old...
Forum: Digital Photography August 17th 06, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Isaiah Beard
EXIF info

Ken wrote:
I read somewhere in one of these newsgroups about making sure your name
is included in the EXIF information when taking a picture. I have a
Canon Digital Rebel and wondered where...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 16th 06, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45
Posted By Isaiah Beard
High ISO noise CCD's vs CMOS

mswlogo wrote:

Are there other compromises in going higher ISO (even in the low range)
besides noise. Do you lose color accuracy etc.

I really favor Nikon for feel and operation. But this...
Forum: Digital Photography August 16th 06, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Isaiah Beard
QUESTION: Largest useable media for Canon Rebel 300D?

BD wrote:
Hey, all.

I have a 300D. The second 'rev' - the black one.

I got a 5MB Seagate MicroDrive a while afterwards, and I am finding
that the camera starts to 'reboot' spontaneously...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 06, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Isaiah Beard
setting my camera's color right,,,,how?

wrote:
i got my camera. it's an fz30. i did a lot of sample checking on the
web. i noticed almost all advanced point and shoot in my price range
tended to be warm on the redder...
Forum: Digital Photography August 14th 06, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By Isaiah Beard
D200 warranty US, or international

Don Wiss wrote:

Prestige does not advertize the camera as being a US model. As you can see
here he only paid $1305 for the body.

http://www.prestigecamera.com/product~id~nkd200.htm

It...
Forum: Digital Photography August 14th 06, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By Isaiah Beard
enhancing photos - OK or not?

Roy G wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson_murder_trial#Mugshot

Cleary a case where contrast and brightness modifications were
purposefully used to make someone appear...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 11th 06, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 31
Posted By Isaiah Beard
Poll: DNG for archive

wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Simple poll question.
Yes or No replies.
Please keep comments below the '***' line.

1) Do you convert you RAW into DNG for archive (or...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 11th 06, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 31
Posted By Isaiah Beard
Poll: DNG for archive

Alan Browne wrote:
Simple poll question.
Yes or No replies.
Please keep comments below the '***' line.

1) Do you convert you RAW into DNG for archive (or other purpose)?

I do.

2) If...
Forum: Digital Photography August 11th 06, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By Isaiah Beard
enhancing photos - OK or not?

Scott W wrote:
Isaiah Beard wrote:
And we rarely accept anything that comes to us as a JPG
or any other form of lossy compression, purely on quality reasons.

I am with you right up to this...
Forum: Digital Photography August 11th 06, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By Isaiah Beard
enhancing photos - OK or not?

Roy G wrote:

suppose you've turned down saturation and sharpening in the camera. is
it then OK to use levels, saturation, and sharpening in Photoshop on
images before submission? have you...
Forum: Digital Photography August 11th 06, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By Isaiah Beard
enhancing photos - OK or not?

F. D. Lewis wrote:
the Reuters photos bring up a general topic.

suppose you've turned down saturation and sharpening in the camera. is
it then OK to use levels, saturation, and sharpening...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale August 9th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.marketplace
Replies: 23
Posted By Isaiah Beard
Experience with dexdigital?

Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
I wrote to WorldPay (part of Bank of Scotland) who handles
CC-payment for these scammers about a week ago. Partly to
inform them about what type of scheme they were...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.marketplace

Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
I wrote to WorldPay (part of Bank of Scotland) who handles
CC-payment for these scammers about a week ago. Partly to
inform them about what type of scheme they were...
Forum: Digital Photography August 9th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.marketplace
Replies: 25

Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
I wrote to WorldPay (part of Bank of Scotland) who handles
CC-payment for these scammers about a week ago. Partly to
inform them about what type of scheme they were...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 4th 06, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Isaiah Beard
Lens creep advice

fatboybrando wrote:

So, with more friction, it takes more time for the lens to get where
it has to go. Yes, it will likely loosen up a bit after some use.

What you see is all very...
Forum: Digital Photography August 4th 06, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Isaiah Beard
Trouble

wrote:
Pat wrote:
Too bad he can't control the shutter speed on his cell phone :-)

BTW, just because its in B&W doesn't mean its art.

George Kerby wrote:...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 2nd 06, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Isaiah Beard
Nikon D70 Blinking Green Light of Death

Robert Haar wrote:

Nikon's service bulletin says to send the camera back to them.

I can do that but wonder if there is any other way to reset the camera.
Also, is there something that I did...
Forum: Digital Photography August 1st 06, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 174
Posted By Isaiah Beard
Modern Nikon D-SLR camera that takes standard AA batteries

J. Clarke wrote:

For a "small point and shoot" it's worse than for a DSLR. My 30D will shoot
some unGodly number of images (I don't know how many--I've shot thousands
and the battery...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 31st 06, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 44
Posted By Isaiah Beard
The BEST DSLR

John McWilliams wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/b3pas

A number of folks won't touch a tinyurl from someone not known to them.

Their loss, not mine.

--
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 31st 06, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36

Bill wrote:
Isaiah Beard wrote:

Diminishing returns with a detrminet of quality in the offing. Anyone
who doubts this need only take a photograph at high iso of the same
subjec on...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 29th 06, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 44
Posted By Isaiah Beard
The BEST DSLR

Matt wrote:

So to help me can you answer this question...
If you could have any DSLR camera in the world, which one would you
get?

Not exactly a dSLR, but one of these would be...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 29th 06, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 44
Posted By Isaiah Beard
The BEST DSLR - please forget about last post

Mike Warren wrote:
Ming-Ho Chi wrote:
Oops, forgot about NDA - me bad :(

Please ignore my last post.

That's it! No more Canons for you. :-)

I'd dub you the "Canon Nazi," but then B&H...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44