Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Darkroom User
Forum: In The Darkroom June 15th 12, 11:18 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Darkroom User
Kodak T-MAX Developer Question.

What is the working capacity of standard T-MAX developer at the 1:4 dilution per litre? (Not T-Max RS)

I use 120 rollfilm film.
Forum: In The Darkroom March 22nd 12, 01:05 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Darkroom User
Thanks Richard, but I am still not sure whether...

Thanks Richard, but I am still not sure whether to rely on Incident or reflective measurements. How do you use your lightmeter for outdoor photography?
Forum: In The Darkroom March 6th 12, 06:32 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Darkroom User
I should have made my post more clear. I meant...

I should have made my post more clear. I meant exposing the films in camera.
I mentioned the wet darkroom, because that is how I make my prints.
Forum: In The Darkroom March 5th 12, 11:01 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Darkroom User
Metering for B/W Films

There are many discussions on the internet for using lightmeters, either reflective or incident. Much of it for digital or color reversal films.

When it comes down to B/W films, methods such as the...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 28th 12, 12:00 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Darkroom User
35mm 100TMX vs 100 Delta vs 100 Acros.

What observations would I expect to see between these films when comparing identically sized enlargements of exactly the same image subject and lighting?
Is one film particularly sharper or finer...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 23rd 11, 08:16 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Darkroom User
Jobo & Pre Rinse?

I have bought a Jobo CPE2 with the lift and a 1540 drum with reels.
I want to use TMax 100 and 400 in D76 1:1. The instruction book recommends a 5 minute pre rinse before pouring in the developer. Is...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 30th 11, 04:21 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Darkroom User
Ilford ID11 dilutions.

Ilford give times for ID11 for stock, 1+1 and 1+3, but how do I calculate a time if I wanted to try 1+2?
Forum: In The Darkroom March 2nd 11, 07:11 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Darkroom User
Question Spoon Measured Developers.

I found this site which says that developers like D76 and D72 can be made by spoon measures instead of weighing each of the dry chemicals.
How accurate is...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 15th 10, 06:30 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Darkroom User
What dilution, time, temperature and agitation do...

What dilution, time, temperature and agitation do you use Frank?
Forum: In The Darkroom December 15th 10, 06:24 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Darkroom User
Question Toning Questions.

Can I make up a direct toning solution as working strength by using part Kodak rapid selenium toner and part New Agfa Viradon?
Will it work with regular Multigrade FB?
Forum: In The Darkroom October 31st 10, 05:03 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Darkroom User
Question T-MAX 400 For Studio Portraits?

Is Kodak 400 2-TMY a good choice for portraits? What developer do you use to get good negatives?
(120 roll films.)
So many developers to choose it is bewildering.
Forum: Film & Labs October 19th 10, 04:54 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Darkroom User
Don't click on this joker's link.

Don't click on this joker's link.
Forum: Film & Labs September 4th 10, 09:22 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Darkroom User
How to use a hand light-meter?

I posted this question in the darkroom discussion group, but was told it was not the appropriate group to post, so I will try here in the film & labs section instead.
Film needs to be exposed...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 3rd 10, 09:21 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Darkroom User
Question How to use a hand light-meter?

As obtaining correct film exposure is of fundamental importance to provide good negatives, would a hand meter be a worth while investment instead of relying on the TTL metering of my 35mm SLR Camera...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 19th 10, 06:55 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Darkroom User
Question B/W Films.

Which B/W films do you like using for specific purposes and what is it you like about the ones you have chosen?
This can be for portraits, landscapes, architecture or for general use.
Forum: In The Darkroom August 16th 10, 08:27 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Darkroom User
Question B/W Papers.

Do any of you have a favorite photo paper for general use?
I have some ilford Multigrade resin papers at the moment, but I want to try some fiber paper as well, but which to choose?
Which paper...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 14th 10, 10:36 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Darkroom User
Unfortunately, Apple-Mail cannot be used for...

Unfortunately, Apple-Mail cannot be used for Newsgroups. I have edited out the color tags this time. :-)
Forum: In The Darkroom August 13th 10, 09:18 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Darkroom User
I am posting through the Photo-Banter site:...

I am posting through the Photo-Banter site: www.photobanter.com
and those "tags" come up when I reply, although I do highlight certain quotes in bold type.

By posting through this site, it helps...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 12th 10, 08:28 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Darkroom User
Exclamation -- I am new to the darkroom and my questions...

--
I am new to the darkroom and my questions concerning pyro are genuine. I had read on various sites about pyro developers including WD2D, PMK and Pyrocat-HD. If these developers offer little or no...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 12th 10, 08:15 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Darkroom User
I am new to the darkroom and my questions...

I am new to the darkroom and my questions concerning pyro are genuine. I had read on various sites about pyro developers including WD2D, PMK and Pyrocat-HD. If these developers offer no advantage...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 11th 10, 07:14 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Darkroom User
Question Paper grades, what is normal?

I noticed that some graded B/W papers are coded as (S) for special for grade 2 and (N) for normal with grade 3 papers. I always thought that grade 2 is considered to be normal.
Has something changed...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 9th 10, 08:26 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Darkroom User
Hi there, I asked this question about pyro...

Hi there,

I asked this question about pyro developers on the photobanter website in a separate thread. For some reason, it seems to have got merged with the thread about a Jobo atl3.
I am not sure...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 8th 10, 07:47 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Darkroom User
That keeps things simple and I use Ilford rapid...

That keeps things simple and I use Ilford rapid fixer any way. Thank you Ian.
Forum: In The Darkroom August 8th 10, 04:46 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Darkroom User
Thank you for the dilution, temperature and time....

Thank you for the dilution, temperature and time. Do you use a pre soak or not and is the normal agitation at 1 minute intervals as with regular film developers?
Forum: In The Darkroom August 8th 10, 09:28 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Darkroom User
If it gives finer grain as well as better...

If it gives finer grain as well as better sharpness than D76, then it must be good.
Will I actually see these differences with FP4 Plus and T-Max 400?
What dilution and times for the small...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27