Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave[_8_]
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 27th 09, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave[_8_]
help with light source for 8x10 enlarger

Bill wrote:
Hi,

I'm building a new light source for an Elwood 8x10 enlarger. Have modeled
the diffusion box on the one in my Saunder 4x5 machine. However, the
illumination is not yet...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 27th 09, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave[_8_]
"Anything more than 50ft from the road,is not photogenic."

You're about half right with your quote ("Anything more than 50ft from
the road is not photogenic.")which you attributed to Edward Weston. The
Weston part is correct, but it was Bret who made that...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 1st 09, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Mamiya Rb67 mirror up question.

Q.G. de Bakker wrote:
Ric Trexell wrote:

I was reading the manual for the RB 67 Pro S for mirror up operation. It
says that you first put the mirror up and then trip the shutter with a
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 09, 06:05 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave[_8_]
D3x versus D300 high ISO

Focus wrote:
So you think a camera *5.5 x the price* would give you at least 3 times
better pictures, right? Wrong!
Selecting both still life pictures from imaging-resource.com in the
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 22nd 09, 06:05 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 27
Posted By Dave[_8_]
D3x versus D300 high ISO

Focus wrote:
So you think a camera *5.5 x the price* would give you at least 3 times
better pictures, right? Wrong!
Selecting both still life pictures from imaging-resource.com in the
Forum: Digital Photography October 20th 08, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By Dave[_8_]
UV - or not UV?

Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 22:20:22 -0700, John McWilliams
wrote:

Dudley Hanks wrote:
"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 08, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Sync voltage on Smith Victor

Lawrence_Glickman wrote:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:56:26 -0400, "blah" wrote:

Does anyone know how to test sync voltage on Monolights? I have a set of
Smith Victor 110i...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 29th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Ansel Adams - Yosemite

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
Dave wrote:

PS - Spent over 2 years shooting from bedroom window due to health.
Restrictive? Yes, but what I could handle. Made a lot of pretty good bird
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 29th 08, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Ansel Adams - Yosemite

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 4/28/2008 10:48 AM Dave spake thus:

____ wrote:

In article ,
"Nicholas O. Lindan" ...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 28th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Ansel Adams - Yosemite

____ wrote:
In article ,
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

"Pico" pico at idrailogid.ten wrote
AA didn't trek far from the...
Forum: Digital Photography March 18th 08, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 70
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Mirror lock up

Paul Furman wrote:
Chris Malcolm wrote:
Dudley Hanks wrote:

A self timer doesn't solve the problem.

Unless it allows you raise the mirror at timer start....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 15th 08, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 31
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Reichmann takes on Rockwell

Don F wrote:
"Mark Sieving" wrote in message
On Mar 13, 11:57 pm, frederick ...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment March 2nd 08, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave[_8_]
"New" TMY: same as it ever was?

Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
I happen to have all three sets of Kodak rotary-processing recommendations
for Tmax 400 in front of me: the old (prior to move to new coating facility)
Publication...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 2nd 08, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave[_8_]
"New" TMY: same as it ever was?

Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
I happen to have all three sets of Kodak rotary-processing recommendations
for Tmax 400 in front of me: the old (prior to move to new coating facility)
Publication...
Forum: Digital Photography February 11th 08, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Talking digital photos of prints

wrote:
I've got over 3,000 old photos (without negatives) that I want to
convert to digital format for archiving. I have a fast flatbed
scanner, but even so, I just don't have...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 08, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Wax-Based Printers?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Don't hear much about them any more.

Printed a high school class reunion booklet on one several years
back and it seemed to work at least as well as the ink jets...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 16th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 181
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Medium format versus digital sharpness

Robert Montgomery wrote:
Dave wrote:

Neil Gould wrote:

Recently, Robert Montgomery posted:

Would you recommend an MF camera with a digital back?...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 15th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Neil Gould wrote:
Recently, Robert Montgomery posted:

Would you recommend an MF camera with a digital back? With a digital
back, I could avoid the scanning...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 21st 07, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Stupid magazine test of 1D MkIII

RichA wrote:
On Aug 20, 6:22 pm, Dave wrote:
RichA wrote:
On Aug 20, 4:10 pm, Dave wrote:
RichA wrote:
On Aug 20, 3:13 pm, Dave...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 20th 07, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Stupid magazine test of 1D MkIII

RichA wrote:
On Aug 20, 4:10 pm, Dave wrote:
RichA wrote:
On Aug 20, 3:13 pm, Dave wrote:
RichA wrote:
I was browsing a magazine...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 20th 07, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Stupid magazine test of 1D MkIII

RichA wrote:
On Aug 20, 4:10 pm, Dave wrote:
RichA wrote:
On Aug 20, 3:13 pm, Dave wrote:
RichA wrote:
I was browsing a magazine...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 20th 07, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Stupid magazine test of 1D MkIII

RichA wrote:
On Aug 20, 3:13 pm, Dave wrote:
RichA wrote:
I was browsing a magazine test of this thing, and what do they show to
prove how valuable 10fps is? A...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 20th 07, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

RichA wrote:
I was browsing a magazine test of this thing, and what do they show to
prove how valuable 10fps is? A guy taking a golf shot. Fair enough,
a good subject, I remember Nikon's...
Forum: Digital Photography June 5th 07, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave[_8_]
All About RAW

Allen wrote:
Warren Block wrote:
All About RAW
Warren Block, June 2007

(Note: "RAW" must always be capitalized to show the appropriate
reverence. Unbelievers may claim it's not...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment May 24th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 10
Posted By Dave[_8_]
Help

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
wrote

graflex 4x5 camera ... Ilford 100 ... tray ... D-76 1:1
for 13 min and I never stop rocking the tray ... the negatives come out
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25