Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Forum: Digital Photography March 22nd 08, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Can your digital camera be used as a photo viewer?

I thought I tried this once in my Lumix, and it could not recognized
the JPEG files. I wonder if others ever try and whether it works only
for certain cameras. I did not try it desperately, and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 11th 08, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 61
Posted By [email protected]
Whatever happened to Pentax?

On Mar 11, 12:14*pm, "Jeremy" wrote:
"Dudley Hanks" wrote in message

Back in the '60s, '70s and even...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 11th 08, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 45
Posted By [email protected]
Whatever happened to Pentax?

On Mar 11, 12:14*pm, "Jeremy" wrote:
"Dudley Hanks" wrote in message

Back in the '60s, '70s and even...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 08, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Whatever happened to Pentax?

On Mar 11, 12:14*pm, "Jeremy" wrote:
"Dudley Hanks" wrote in message

Back in the '60s, '70s and even...
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 08, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Nikon D60, Canon XSi (450D), or Olympus E-420?

Currently I have a Canon G7 and a Lumix FZ18. I have been thinking
about upgrading my camera to a DSLR (will be the first one). I have a
small hand, and a Canon 40D, Nikon D200, or Pentax K10D sizes...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Recipies of South INDIA

On Mar 9, 10:36*am, Santhosh wrote:
If you want to know how to make delicious South Indian foods please
visit

* * *http://recipesoftamilnadu.blogspot.com/

So that we...
Forum: Digital Photography February 16th 08, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Total lunar eclipse - Febr 20, 2008 - across North America

On Feb 14, 12:20*pm, Craig wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:09:13 -0800, Walter R. wrote:
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/lunar.html

Thanks.

I've shot...
Forum: Digital Photography February 12th 08, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Total lunar eclipse - Febr 20, 2008 - across North America

A total lunar eclipse is coming in just over a week. Anyone thinking
about taking some photos? I hope the weather is clear in the midwest.
Unfortunately, we are now gripped by a harsh cold and windy...
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 08, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital, nz.general, aus.aviation
Replies: 710
Posted By [email protected]
Digital Photography On Aircraft Not Permitted on Take Off orLanding

On Jan 13, 8:53*pm, "Mark B." wrote:
"Podge" wrote in ...
I was on an Air New Zealand flight a while ago, and I...
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 08, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
32 GB SD card is coming!

Toshiba announced it in August 2007 last year and they indicated that
it will be ready for January 2008. Panasonic has just introduced it
recently for market use in the latest CES convention. It...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment January 13th 08, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
32 GB SD card is coming!

Toshiba announced it in August 2007 last year and they indicated that
it will be ready for January 2008. Panasonic has just introduced it
recently for market use in the latest CES convention. It...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 08, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Panasonic Fz18: whatąs your opinion

The camera is relatively "bulky" for a P&S, as you cannot put it in
your pocket like a Canon G7/G9 , Nikon P5100 or Sony H3. Check some
photos that I took last year at the following...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 08, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
A nice portfolio of photos

Photography is not about duels among cameras and equipment. I found
this website by accident and I thought I like to share the site with
the readers of these newsgroup. Someone else had mentioned...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Compact Digital Camera - Newbie Question

On Dec 31, 2:29*pm, The Horny Goat wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:20:23 GMT, Jürgen Exner

I notice almost all...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 08, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Comments please

I am not sure why what you did regret... showing the photos to this
NG, or buying the camera and lens?
I am not an expert, but I do like you selection of colour saturation
set up. I think those...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment January 1st 08, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Nikon 51 point AF system in D300

I read some info about the 51 point AF system for the new Nikon D300.
The dpreview showed a graphical presentation on the locations of those
51 points within the targeted digital frame (approximately...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 08, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Nikon 51 point AF system in D300

I read some info about the 51 point AF system for the new Nikon D300.
The dpreview showed a graphical presentation on the locations of those
51 points within the targeted digital frame (approximately...
Forum: Digital Photography December 25th 07, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Oly "does it" again.

On Dec 24, 9:41*am, theclyde wrote:
My problem with it (maybe this isn't a problem) is that if a feature
like this gains widespread popularity, it's the death of...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment December 24th 07, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
High ends Canon vs. Nikon - an observation

I do not own both cameras. However, looking through lots of samples
available in the web, I seems to notice that photos (mostly the ones
that I observed were portraits) taken using Canon high end...
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 07, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
High ends Canon vs. Nikon - an observation

I do not own both cameras. However, looking through lots of samples
available in the web, I seems to notice that photos (mostly the ones
that I observed were portraits) taken using Canon high end...
Forum: Digital Photography December 15th 07, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Visiting Greenland and Iceland - cameras in cold weather

On Dec 15, 1:02 pm, ray wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:29:58 -0800, asdf3b wrote:
Greetings! I am thinking of going to Iceland and Greenland in next
summer. Does the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 15th 07, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Canon 40D Noise @ ISO 800-1600

On Dec 15, 12:39 pm, "Ali" wrote:
Anyone done any noise comparisons between the 20D/30D and the 40D, mainly at
ISO 800-1600 (without the noise reduction feature on)?

Is the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 15th 07, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Canon 40D Noise @ ISO 800-1600

On Dec 15, 12:39 pm, "Ali" wrote:
Anyone done any noise comparisons between the 20D/30D and the 40D, mainly at
ISO 800-1600 (without the noise reduction feature on)?

Is the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 07, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Nikon D300, Fujifilm Pro S5 and Canon 5D - photo comparison

I found this discussion in the dpreview and it has good photo samples
taken by the above cameras for comparison.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1020&message=25986635
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment December 12th 07, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.equipment.misc