Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 2.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Guy
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 1st 08, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 61
Posted By Guy
Whatever happened to Yashica?

McKev (yay!) wrote:
"Peter Chant" wrote in message
sally wrote:

Canon and Nikon are just...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 14th 08, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Guy
Who are these folks?

Zilla wrote:
I am NOT associated in anyway with this website!!!

www.digilake.com
I was froogling a part and they came across, but they have
no contact info so I'm very skeptical of their...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 9th 08, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Guy
Pentax Digital 645 - dead

David J. Littleboy wrote:
"Guy" wrote:
This sucks. So much for the high end for Pentax.
-Guy

The original Japanese page under that second link says that they're...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 9th 08, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Guy
Pentax Digital 645 - dead

This sucks. So much for the high end for...
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Guy
advice on camera purchase for artwork

There is a lot of information on http://www.flaar.org/ about
photographing art, among other things. -Guy

dwolf wrote:
Hi Ed,

Well actually I lied about one thing.. I use a Olympus 5050...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 29th 07, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 25
Posted By Guy
Strange texture on the bokeh

Paul Furman wrote:
I was playing with getting the biggest OOF circles I could get out of my
'new' old 135mm f/2 lens and noticed an odd effect which I cannot explain:

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 29th 07, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Paul Furman wrote:
I was playing with getting the biggest OOF circles I could get out of my
'new' old 135mm f/2 lens and noticed an odd effect which I cannot explain:

Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 07, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By Guy
Olympus OM lens with a Olympus DSLR

J. Clarke wrote:
SNIP
Me. You post publicly, I responded publicly. The Internet is amazing,
just ask Al Gore. -Guy

I see. So you think you're the moderator on an unmoderated...
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 07, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By Guy
Olympus OM lens with a Olympus DSLR

J. Clarke wrote:
Guy wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:
Alfred Molon wrote:
Ask he

We have over 12000 users of Olympus cameras,...
Forum: Digital Photography March 31st 07, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By Guy
Olympus OM lens with a Olympus DSLR

J. Clarke wrote:
Alfred Molon wrote:
Ask he

We have over 12000 users of Olympus cameras, mostly DSLRs.

(and forget the dumb advice...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 25th 07, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Guy
What do you use for prints - inkjet or dye-sublimation?

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 01:05:52 +0000, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
(D.M. Procida) wrote:

I used to be...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 17th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 62
Posted By Guy
Before squandering $1000 on plastic......

M-M wrote:
In article ,
"RichA" wrote:

cheap plastic crap

I bought an Aluminum Powerbook and a...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 07, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Guy
N.Y. Times on Sony's DVD Direct recorder

Barry L. Wallis wrote:
Guy wrote:
Barry L. Wallis wrote:
Guy wrote:
Barry L. Wallis wrote:
Frank ess wrote:
It does transfers from memory cards and makes slide shows with...
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 07, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Barry L. Wallis wrote:
Guy wrote:
Barry L. Wallis wrote:
Frank ess wrote:
It does transfers from memory cards and makes slide shows with
"non-cheesy" music as well as VHS, 8mm,...
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 07, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 194
Posted By Guy
Computer

Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,
Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:

Ockham's Razor wrote:

Well, that's just a politically correct way...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 07, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Barry L. Wallis wrote:
Frank ess wrote:
It does transfers from memory cards and makes slide shows with
"non-cheesy" music as well as VHS, 8mm, and Hi-8 movie transfers to
DVD format of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 3rd 07, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 58
Posted By Guy
Adorama Sucks!!!

john cuthbertson wrote:
"Phil K" wrote in message
"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography March 3rd 07, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 57
Posted By Guy
Adorama Sucks!!!

john cuthbertson wrote:
"Phil K" wrote in message
"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 26th 07, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By Guy
My lens is bigger than your lens

Noons wrote:
On Feb 19, 2:20 pm, Mike wrote:
yes it is

yeah, but mine is a zoom!

"Objects in this lens are smaller than they appear"
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 20th 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Guy
Chimping reaches epic and epidemic proportions!

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:

[PJs chimping]
I did notice most chimpers were Canon shooters.

Since most PJs use Canon, most chimpers will...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 20th 07, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 40
Posted By Guy
You know that 8" x 10" "rule?"

RichA wrote:
Sort of says something like, unless you print larger than 8" x 10" you
don't need more than 6-8 megapixels?
If this is the case, with top notch prints, how come when I see a
Forum: Digital Photography January 10th 07, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Guy
Which Monopod?

Ian B wrote:
Hi,

Your expert opions are sought to help me decide on which type of monopod
would suit my situation best. I have just bought a Finepix S5600 Zoom (10x)
and take photos of...
Forum: Digital Photography December 29th 06, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Guy
China - Shanghai

You asked for comments :-)

The colors in your photos seem painfully bright. Are Shanghai buildings
really colored that way or are you enhancing them to look more vivid. It
is a matter of personal...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 04:21 PM Posted to alt.arts.poetry.comments,rec.arts.poems,rec.music.makers,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By Guy
What's with the Parnello's Pizza crap?

wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
I'd rather eat the *sshole out of a dead possum

Thats NOT funny

Whats funny is Americans making Pizza, now THAT is funny

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 13th 06, 04:21 PM Posted to alt.arts.poetry.comments,rec.arts.poems,rec.music.makers,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19