Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 2.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Ortt
Forum: Digital Photography October 24th 07, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By John Ortt
good websites for choosing between dslr and p&s?

Hey idiot, which part of Meghan's words:

I also know from experience that she does not need a dslr.

did you fail to understand?

It is you who has failed to understand. She DOES want an...
Forum: Digital Photography October 24th 07, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By John Ortt
good websites for choosing between dslr and p&s?

"Alex Barnes" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 01:26:00 -0700, Meghan Noecker

Forum: Digital Photography October 24th 07, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By John Ortt
good websites for choosing between dslr and p&s?

"Alex Barnes" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:07:29 -0700, "
Forum: Digital Photography October 24th 07, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By John Ortt
good websites for choosing between dslr and p&s?

"Alex Barnes" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:07:29 -0700, "
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 07, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By John Ortt
For Sale Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Digital Camera

"imanozzi" wrote in message

"ifeanyi23" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography October 19th 07, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By John Ortt
Photo album

"Manuel Marino" wrote in message
Hello, I'm a photo enthusiast who never passed to digital.

Now I need to buy...
Forum: Digital Photography October 18th 07, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Replies: 37
Posted By John Ortt
Best way to store Raw files (Should I convert them)?

From post "40D and Aperture"

Use Adobe's DNG converter[1] to convert the 40D RAW files to DNG, and
then read the DNGs into Aperture[2].

Do you loose anything atall by converting to DNG (eg...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 07, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 96
Posted By John Ortt
Are we demanding too much of our digital cameras these days?

"dan_de_lion" wrote in message

There's a reason Roger needs all his photos in RAW data formats.

Bored mode ON

Blah...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 07, 11:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By John Ortt
Emailing photo attachments (file size)

"GoFlatty" wrote in message

Thanks, Ray!
My concern was really for the bogging-down of my friends'...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 07, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By John Ortt
Did I buy the worst two Nikon cameras (or are they all this bad?)

"Jeanette Guire" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 03:23:40 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:

That's...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 96
Posted By John Ortt
Are we demanding too much of our digital cameras these days?

wrote in message
I just like to hear some comments about this issue. I Don't know if
these newsgroups are...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 07, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By John Ortt
Canon PowerShot S3 IS?

"Garison o`keeF" wrote in message
On 3 Oct 2007 18:48:16 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:36:43...
Forum: Digital Photography October 12th 07, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By John Ortt
Dumb way to advertise cameras?

"irwell" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:33:29 -0400, "Charles"
wrote:

Considering MP...
Forum: Digital Photography October 12th 07, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By John Ortt
SLR Cameras with a full frame sensor

"frederick" wrote in message
Bryan Olson wrote:
frederick wrote:
RBrickston wrote:
Is the list limited to Canon and the old...
Forum: Digital Photography October 12th 07, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By John Ortt
Canon S3 IS - Now with Remote Cable Release Via USB Cable!

"KevenGaston" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:02:37 +0100, "John Ortt"
Forum: Digital Photography October 12th 07, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By John Ortt
Canon S3 IS - Now with Remote Cable Release Via USB Cable!

"KevenGaston" wrote in message

S3 IS + CHDK =
Hi-compression Video Mode

?! I thought this was one thing it couldn't...
Forum: Digital Photography October 12th 07, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By John Ortt
Medium Format Digital.....Practical?

"frederick" wrote in message
Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:
Hmm, really not all that much more detail. I guess if you look at the
Forum: Digital Photography October 11th 07, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By John Ortt
Nikon vs Canon and the whole dSLR thing

"David J. Littleboy" wrote in message

"John Ortt" wrote:
"Paul Furman"...
Forum: Digital Photography October 11th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By John Ortt
Canon PowerShot S3 IS?

"Paul Allen" wrote in message

I hear you on the limitations of EVF's, but am not quite sure how you
would put a 12x optical zoom viewfinder in a non-SLR without...
Forum: Digital Photography October 11th 07, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By John Ortt
Nikon vs Canon and the whole dSLR thing

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
John Ortt wrote:
"David J Taylor" wrote
John Ortt wrote:
"frederick"...
Forum: Digital Photography October 11th 07, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By John Ortt
Question about the Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro lens

"Mardon" wrote in message
"DaveS7" wrote:

The image was taken at coordinates...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 07, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By John Ortt
Nikon vs Canon and the whole dSLR thing

"David J Taylor"
wrote in message ...
John Ortt wrote:
"frederick" ...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 07, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By John Ortt
Nikon vs Canon and the whole dSLR thing

"frederick" wrote in message
Daniel Silevitch wrote:

For example, the D300 has vs the Canon 5d:

100% viewfinder.

What do you mean by this...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 07, 11:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By John Ortt
why CF not SD ?

"Payton" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 14:59:13 +0100, "John Ortt"
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 07, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By John Ortt
Fireworks Photos

"AustinMN" wrote in message