Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jdanield
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 24th 12, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By jdanield
Rokinon Fisheye 8mm for Nikon DSLR etc

Le 24/10/2012 15:08, PeterN a écrit :

Micro, and 50mm f1.4. Bpoth circa 1872, or thereabouts.

so old :-))

jdd
Forum: Digital Photography October 23rd 12, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By jdanield
HELP!! I screwed up bigtime!!

Le 23/10/2012 07:50, a écrit :

Okay, thanks for all the great input. Can I assume that if I get all the
corrosion cleaned off, then try and rinse with some water, even if...
Forum: Digital Photography October 23rd 12, 07:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By jdanield
Filters

Le 23/10/2012 00:14, Savageduck a écrit :

Here are two examples of the unintended self portrait reflection off a
polished car surface, none of which could possibly be saved by using a
CPF,...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 12, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By jdanield
HELP!! I screwed up bigtime!!

Le 22/10/2012 22:34, a écrit :

terminals be cleaned up? Thanks.

I use fiber glass eraser for this purpose. I had it when I was
teaching mechanical engeneering.

It's a sort...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 12, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By jdanield
Filters

Le 22/10/2012 10:51, nospam a écrit :

whatever you can achieve in photoshop might look nice but it's *not*
the same as what you get with a polarizer. period. it is *not* possible
to duplicate...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 12, 08:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By jdanield
Filters

Le 22/10/2012 02:57, a écrit :
Can someone tell me what a good filter manufacturer is? I bought a Fujifilm
HS30EXR, which accepts 58mm filters. I want to get a protective...
Forum: Digital Photography October 21st 12, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By jdanield
Devin Yalkin - An interesting portfolio

Le 21/10/2012 20:26, Bruce a écrit :

... and a much fatter salary than I ever had before. I'm happy.

:-)

good luck

jdd
Forum: Digital Photography October 21st 12, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By jdanield
Devin Yalkin - An interesting portfolio

Le 21/10/2012 17:58, Bruce a écrit :
jdanield wrote:
Le 21/10/2012 13:25, Bruce a écrit :

Sales of black and white film in Europe are actually rising in a
photography...
Forum: Digital Photography October 21st 12, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By jdanield
Devin Yalkin - An interesting portfolio

Le 21/10/2012 13:25, Bruce a écrit :

Sales of black and white film in Europe are actually rising in a
photography market that is shrinking overall thanks to severe

do you have any evidence of...
Forum: Digital Photography October 20th 12, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By jdanield
Battery question

Le 20/10/2012 22:34, nospam a écrit :

walk into any store and see how many nicad aa batteries there are.
there are none. zero. they're all nimh, alkaline and lithium.

it would be reasonable,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 20th 12, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 109
Posted By jdanield
Why Nikon should upgrade the D300

Le 20/10/2012 23:07, Robert Coe a écrit :

As a Canonian, he's irritated at seeing the Nikon photographer approach him so
well equipped. He's STILL WAITING for his new 1DX.

He's waiting for his...
Forum: Digital Photography October 18th 12, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By jdanield
Pigeon Camera

Le 17/10/2012 21:26, Eric Stevens a écrit :
Before the drone ...

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/10/15/the-invention-of-the-pigeon-camera-for-aerial-photography/

ah non!!!

je suis en ce moment...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 12, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 109
Posted By jdanield
Why Nikon should upgrade the D300

Le 18/10/2012 12:26, Trevor a écrit :

And yet cheaper than any alternatives for similar image quality. The fact
that "most people" still buy cheap compact fixed lens digital camera's is
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 12, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 109
Posted By jdanield
Why Nikon should upgrade the D300

Le 18/10/2012 10:35, Eric Stevens a écrit :
On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 08:21:15 +0200, jdanield wrote:

of course if you can affort the extra cost a d weigth a D800 is
probably the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 18th 12, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Posted By jdanield
Figure it's ok to mention this stuff since Dpreview did

Le 18/10/2012 02:18, Mort a écrit :

I stand corrected. As a non-Apple person, I occasionally use the wrong
word. Sorry.

no problem, I do not own i-pad neither :-)

actually, most partitions...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 12, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 109
Posted By jdanield
Why Nikon should upgrade the D300

Le 18/10/2012 03:30, Trevor a écrit :

Or maybe prefer to fool themselves that a Dx body is actually an advantage
over Fx, rather than just a cost saving.

I did not have FF, but had 35mm SLR and...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 12, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By jdanield
Megapixels - An Explanation of Megapixels and How They AffectPhotos

Le 17/10/2012 08:27, Abigail1 a écrit :

squares of information per inch

it's not for an inch, anyway the sensor is a surface it could be
square inch, but it's neither.

its the number of pixels...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 12, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Posted By jdanield
Figure it's ok to mention this stuff since Dpreview did

Le 17/10/2012 15:38, Mort a écrit :

At several classical music concerts that I saw recently, the musicians
used "sheet music" on an i-phone, rather than in paper form.

i-phone?

i-pad I...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 12, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By jdanield
Battery question ***clarification***

Don't forget the higher internal resistance of the alkaline battery
makes the real voltage lower than in open circuit. the voltage should
always be mesured with a charge identical to the one in...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 12, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By jdanield
A spare battery for the camera.

Le 16/10/2012 18:02, nospam a écrit :

i have an older hp calculator that takes an hp custom battery pack that
is no longer available.

easy to rebuild :-)

it's not always possible.

If it...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 12, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By jdanield
Battery question

Le 16/10/2012 15:11, Ron a écrit :

+++++++++
I have Li-ion batteries that still have a charge after setting unused
in the camera for 2-3 months. When not used they hold their charge
much...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 12, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By jdanield
Battery question

Le 16/10/2012 11:40, ASCII a écrit :

AAs almost anywhere whereas my Li-ions are only available at photo stores for
quite a bit of expense. The charger is small enough to take wherever I go for
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 16th 12, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 109
Posted By jdanield
Why Nikon should upgrade the D300

Le 16/10/2012 10:28, Rob a écrit :
On 16/10/2012 6:27 PM, jdanield wrote:
Le 16/10/2012 02:04, Trevor a écrit :

Or are we still talking about Fx lenses and claiming they lose size
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 16th 12, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 109
Posted By jdanield
Why Nikon should upgrade the D300

Le 16/10/2012 02:04, Trevor a écrit :

Or are we still talking about Fx lenses and claiming they lose size and
weight when added to a Dx body? :-)

compared with the equivalent lens for FX, sure,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 16th 12, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By jdanield
LA life / Space shuttle

Le 15/10/2012 22:53, Alan Browne a écrit :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:A300-600ST_1_New_Colour.JPG
Based on Airbus A-300. Carries airbus fuselage sections around Europe.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31