Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul in Houston TX
Forum: Digital Photography August 28th 14, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 71
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
CF card failure

PeterN wrote:
It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's law, the
files were experimental, and would have taken hours to repeat.
Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack...
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 14, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 20
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Today's image

PeterN wrote:
Went to butterfly World and found this emerging from the bath.
Not the classic shot. medium crop and a touch of sharpening.
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 14, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 126
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Not a bird

PeterN wrote:
While trying to shoot birds from a canoe I saw this innocent little guy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20140101_sanibel.jpg

Very nice!
I had to go to a site in...
Forum: Digital Photography September 1st 13, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 24
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Some Saturday Morning wheels

Savageduck wrote:
The boys were out in the park this morning. Here are a few of what was
there to be enjoyed.

Forum: Digital Photography July 21st 13, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 31
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
long exposures drawback

PeterN wrote:

I have been playing with long exposures. One of the issues I have run
into is with boats.
As shown in the shots below, while the water is smooth, the masts become
blurry.
Forum: Digital Photography June 26th 13, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 42
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
selective color cast

peternew wrote:

Too this shot. I thought the hood was brass, but is is contaminated by
the reddish reflections from the fenders.

Any suggestions?

Forum: Digital Photography June 23rd 13, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Super moontonight

peternew wrote:
Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than
other times.

Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 12, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
How does TinEye actually work to identify a photo (does it useEXIF?)

William Don**ly wrote:
How does TinEye actually work to identify a photo (does it use EXIF?)
http://www.tineye.com

A friend told me I can search TinEye for free to find...
Forum: Digital Photography June 26th 12, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
[SI] Geotags

On 2012-06-24 23:06 , Paul in Houston TX wrote:
SI Committee wrote:

Given the overwhelming support regarding the prior SI proposal on
geotagging, the Committee has...
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 12, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
[SI] Geotags

wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 22:06:58 -0500, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

SI Committee wrote:
Given the overwhelming support regarding the prior SI...
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 12, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
[SI] Geotags

SI Committee wrote:

Given the overwhelming support regarding the prior SI proposal on
geotagging, the Committee has adopted the following procedure with
respect to photos submitted to the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 29th 12, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Yosemite in timelapse HD

NM5K wrote:
On 1/28/2012 1:39 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

Many are identical repeats. Meteors often never make it from
horizon to horizon. They fade out.
I don't see any flashing...
Forum: Digital Photography January 28th 12, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Yosemite in timelapse HD

Mark F wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:02:10 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

This should provide some incentive for those who have yet to experience
Yosemite, to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 22nd 11, 06:58 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
A smart choice

Robert Coe wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:21:03 -0400, PeterN
wrote:
: On 9/21/2011 7:16 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
: A co-worker's daughter is a high school...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14