Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 6th 07, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave
How does TLR's shutter work?

Neil Gould wrote:
Recently, Neil Gould posted:

An easy way to check this without test equipment would be to shoot a
roll using a gray card. Fill the frame with the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 16th 07, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Dave
Scanning old negatives

Stuart wrote:
I would like to gather opinions on the most appropriate film scanner to
purchase to archive a collection of my late father and grandfathers b/w
negatives, mainly 6" x 4". Some...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 16th 07, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By Dave
time to sell my Nikon 6006 and all the lenses.......

louise wrote:
I haven't used my 6006 in about 5 years, nor any of it's lenses (I have
about 3). The lenses are so old that they are AF and will not autofocus
or even necessarily meter...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 4th 07, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 24
Posted By Dave
How to pick a macro lens?

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Robert Brace wrote:
"cjcampbell" wrote in message
On Apr 3, 7:27 am,...
Forum: Digital Photography March 21st 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
Nikon D2X jpeg large but Pshop mades it smaller

akiley wrote:
Hi All, I shoot jpeg fine with a Nikon D2X. I know, shoot raw, but I
can't based on the volume of images I have to shoot. (I know the
risks and losssy aspects of this)

My...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By Dave
REPUTABLE NYC camera shops?

Bob Salomon wrote:
In article ,
Morton Linder wrote:

B &...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 26th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By Dave
Tripod/Monopod Suggestions

Scubabix wrote:
I'm looking at both a tripod and a monopod for my Canon 30D. Currently, my
heaviest lens is a Sigma 70-300 though I'm looking at a 400-600mm prime lens
so I'm going to need a...
Forum: Digital Photography February 10th 07, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave
GET MORE TONGUE WITH THE 20D !

Annika1980 wrote:

Repeating yourself aren't you Bret? Or did I see that one when snooping
around in one of your galleries?

Dave

PS - Great...
Forum: Digital Photography February 8th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Dave
Snapfish hit me with a $15 handling fee :\

samduhman wrote:
I bought my wife the 1000 photo deal quite a while back. It was .10
cents a print which was a good deal at the time. After receiving an
order yesterday I've become a little...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 2nd 07, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave
DSLR won't meter longer than 30 seconds exposures.

Paul Furman wrote:
Ken Lucke wrote:

Paul Furman wrote:

http://www.naturfotograf.com/D200_rev01.html
"Another annoyance, again shared with the D2X, is the conflict
arising when...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 2nd 07, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By Dave
50mm f/1.4 VR Nikkor! I'll be damned they did it!

Paul Furman wrote:
C J Campbell wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:24:09 -0800, Floyd L. Davidson wrote
Lionel wrote:

It's actually a very old - & effective -...
Forum: Digital Photography January 25th 07, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 58
Posted By Dave
kk Landscape Stitching & Lens Choice

Paul Mitchum wrote:
www.kevinkienlein.com wrote:

"Rudy Benner" wrote in message
"Tony...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 14th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 218
Posted By Dave
Why does Nikon keep making FF lenses?

Philip Homburg wrote:
In article ,
Skip wrote:
"Jeroen Wenting" jwenting at hornet dot demon dot nl wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 14th 07, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 218
Posted By Dave
Why does Nikon keep making FF lenses?

J. Clarke wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:02:48 +0100, Jeroen Wenting wrote:

They could cut their costs substantially by going with sub-FF support
lenses, even ones designed for
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment January 5th 07, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave
Repair of Pentacon Six in New York City

wrote:
Hello,

I need to have a stubborn lens removed a general repair of a knob on
Pentacor Six. does anyone here know of someone local??

Allan

Give Lens and...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 07, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave
Dusk on Fire Island

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Dave:
Under the category of "small world", I used to relieve Bruce Mapes at
Maintenance Control back in the day.

Here's another photo with Bruce in it:

Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 07, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave
Dusk on Fire Island

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Dave:
Under the category of "small world", I used to relieve Bruce Mapes at
Maintenance Control back in the day.

Here's another photo with Bruce in it:

Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 07, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave
Dusk on Fire Island

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Dave:
Hey Pete,

Mele, Mele.

Quick FYI: Cynicor happens to be a Connecticut to LI transplant just
like you and I.

Yo Dave...
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave
Dusk on Fire Island

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Cynicor:
http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1670838/3/119697601

That's a pretty slick presentation.

At sixty bucks a year, it tempts me to use it instead of a...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment December 28th 06, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 15
Posted By Dave
Why use Ebay then.

chasfs wrote:
Noons wrote:
Pudentame wrote:

If you want a good mail order alternative to eBay, I'd suggest KEH
Camera in Atlanta, GA.

http://www.keh.com

Forum: Digital Photography December 20th 06, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Dave
issue making B&H credit card purchases

Dave wrote:
just bob wrote:

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"
wrote in message...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment December 20th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 6
Posted By Dave
Hasselblad lens hood - size question - bay 50 or 60?

Einst Stein wrote:
You might want to try pro shade. The variable bellow type.
It's much more effective and much more flexible.

MJL Photo wrote:
My lens is: 80mm, SN Nr565xxxx, with a...
Forum: Darkroom Equipment For Sale December 15th 06, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave
WTB medium format enlarging lens

wrote:
I am looking for a modern, good quality six-element enlarging lens
to cover 645 format; preferably something in the 75 to 90mm range.

If anyone here has...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment December 13th 06, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 35
Posted By Dave
OK, now how do I get them to the printing stage???

grruffbowwow wrote:
I posted a while back, everyone here was very helpful so I wanted to
get a little more input.

I've been using my new/old Koni-Omega Rapid/90mm with decent results,
I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography December 5th 06, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Dave
Halo moon

Cynicor wrote:
Dave wrote:
Cynicor wrote:
Dave wrote:
Cynicor wrote:
Cynicor wrote:
The moon has a nice bright halo tonight out here on the Island.

Showing results 1 to 25 of 34