Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Noons
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 17, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Noons
Weirdness of camera pricing

On 26/12/2017 2:16 @wiz, RichA wrote:
Olympus's E-M10III, a lesser camera than the E-M5II, is now $100.00 more expensive (in Canada) because of discounts on the E-M5II. This kind of price...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 17, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 41
Posted By Noons
Upgrade report - SSD & photo software

On 27/12/2017 7:27 @wiz, Bill W wrote:

But... Windows still sucks. I think. Repeated crashes and forced
restarts, especially when installing software, but at other random
times, also. At the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 17, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Noons
Season's Greetings!

On 24/12/2017 9:33 @wiz, John Turco wrote:
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

John

Ditto!
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 17, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Noons
is anyone using a USB charger to charge their camera battery onthe go?

On 22/12/2017 9:54 @wiz, sobriquet wrote:

Since the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III appears to have a rather
dismal battery life, I was wondering if anyone had any experience
using a USB...
Forum: Digital Photography December 6th 17, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Noons
Why Fuji Don't Do FF!

100mp medium format is where they leave any pretense about "parity" with
Sony 45mp FF sensors way behind.

Just think of the raw file size!

Fat!

You feel the want! Right?
Forum: Digital Photography November 28th 17, 10:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Noons
Why should I say "Cheese"?

On 28/11/2017 1:01 @wiz, Savageduck wrote:
On Nov 27, 2017, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

We're not sure when or where a...
Forum: Digital Photography November 28th 17, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Noons
Dpreview should change its name

On 28/11/2017 9:31 @wiz, RichA wrote:
Dpdvreview

Digital Phone, Drone and Video Review.

Still cameras need not apply.

Forum: Digital Photography November 27th 17, 09:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 27
Posted By Noons
Why should I say "Cheese"?

On 27/11/2017 7:10 @wiz, wrote:

Anyhow, with all the cheese that's been said over the years, I'd think
that by now every camera would have been used as a pizza...
Forum: Digital Photography November 25th 17, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Noons
One thing Dpreview's nostalgia reviews showed me

On 25/11/2017 12:06 @wiz, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 24 November 2017 10:17:03 UTC, Noons wrote:
On 24/11/2017 1:27 @wiz, RichA wrote:
That blue sky colours with CCDs are better than...
Forum: Digital Photography November 24th 17, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Noons
Soo... How many of you guys are gonna spend your Christmas moneythis friday?

On 23/11/2017 6:40 @wiz, android wrote:
And if so, shame one you how?

Cokin circular polarizer, P-series.
Tried it out recently and it is just like I remembered them from the
film days!
Forum: Digital Photography November 24th 17, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Noons
One thing Dpreview's nostalgia reviews showed me

On 24/11/2017 1:27 @wiz, RichA wrote:
That blue sky colours with CCDs are better than CMOS sensors. Even the cruddy old P&S's seem to render the blues more accurately or more pleasing than...
Forum: Digital Photography November 23rd 17, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Noons
Eesh!

On 23/11/2017 1:06 @wiz, RichA wrote:
https://petapixel.com/2017/11/21/yashicas-faux-film-y35-camera-raises-1-28-million-masses/

:))))
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 17, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By Noons
HDR rainforest

On 19/11/2017 11:35 @wiz, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 00:46:58 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

What do you think about this pictu
Forum: Digital Photography November 12th 17, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Noons
When Panasonic m4/3rds lost the thread.

On 12/11/2017 6:49 @wiz, Alfred Molon wrote:

I know. Was in a store today and while they didn't have the G9 they had
a GH5 (same size as the G9) near a Sony A7 II. The GH5 looked like a big
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 17, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Noons
Ah well...

On 8/11/2017 1:52 @wiz, nospam wrote:

No. They build the same boring old cameras that were great news 55
years ago: slrs. The "D" in front is just for marketing.

nonsense. the d is for...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 17, 08:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Noons
Blurred photo?

On 8/11/2017 3:32 @wiz, David B. wrote:
Blurred photo? Instead of deleting it, software could make it sharp again

The end of low res and blurry images could be nigh.

Forum: Digital Photography November 7th 17, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Noons
Ah well...

On 7/11/2017 2:41 @wiz, Davoud wrote:
Noons:
Buh-bye, Nikon. You were once good, but...

Are you saying that Nikon no longer builds good cameras?

No. They build the same boring old cameras...
Forum: Digital Photography November 7th 17, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Noons
Ah well...

They were warned quite a few times that dumping on their long term users
was a BAD...
Forum: Digital Photography November 5th 17, 10:13 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 33
Posted By Noons
A lightroom question

On 4/11/2017 9:34 @wiz, Mayayana wrote:
"John McWilliams" wrote

| Yes, indeed. All the Duck's fault!!

No. Don't put words in my mouth. You're just
starting a...
Forum: Digital Photography October 29th 17, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Noons
Here is a photo I took at the zoo

On 29/10/2017 1:11 @wiz, wrote:
To save storage space, I reduced the size of this photo to one pixel.
(look between the brackets)

[ . ]

I'm going to enter this...
Forum: Digital Photography October 29th 17, 10:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Noons
21 Utterly Incredible Photographs Untouched By Photoshop

On 28/10/2017 7:11 @wiz, Eric Stevens wrote:

... except that I don't believe the claim about phototoshop. Well,
maybe they haven't touched them with Photoshop but in most cases I
believe they...
Forum: Digital Photography October 28th 17, 10:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Noons
Scanning 35mm negs and slides

On 25/10/2017 12:26 @wiz, newshound wrote:

Would love to know who is the f...wit deleting my posts...
Hope you chuck on your spit and die!

Or would it be easier just to buy something more...
Forum: Digital Photography October 26th 17, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Noons
The police pulled me over

On 24/10/2017 8:04 @wiz, wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 00:40:00 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Oct 24, 2017, Noons wrote
(in article...
Forum: Digital Photography October 26th 17, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Noons
Scanning 35mm negs and slides

On 25/10/2017 12:26 @wiz, newshound wrote:

box)? No current drivers from Minolta/Konica I understand, should I
invest in VueScan, or something else?

Most definitely vuescan. I cannot...
Forum: Digital Photography October 24th 17, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Noons
The police pulled me over

On 23/10/2017 6:24 @wiz, wrote:
The police pulled me over. The cop said he wanted to see my drivers
license. I took his picture and told him I was going to send it to
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125