Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lew
Forum: In The Darkroom February 18th 09, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By Lew
a mild bleach

Thanks, I've lost track of my Adam's books over the years.

"Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
Lew wrote:
Ugh... it...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 17th 09, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By Lew
a mild bleach

Sodium thiosulfate (crystalline)
Is this the same as Pentahydrate?

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message

"Lew"...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 17th 09, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By Lew
a mild bleach

.... this is definitely fog & old age. As I originally posted, other papers
process just fine & the problem for this paper is cleared up by adding
restrainer. Do you have any experience cleaning up...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 17th 09, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By Lew
a mild bleach

Ugh... it seem the last batch of prints I did was on a somewhat too old
paper .... I've since cleaned up the whites be increasing the restrainer,
but I'm still left with a number of prints with...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 16th 09, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By Lew
How many prints per gallon of ...

I use D72/benzotriazole too... but "all day"? How many 8x10 equivalents are
you talking about?
Also.. do you really notice any difference with Amidol? I thought
differences were only apparent back...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 16th 09, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By Lew
How many prints per gallon of ...

Sorry, I'm referring to developers.
"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message

"Lew" wrote in...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 15th 09, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By Lew
How many prints per gallon of ...

I don't see a how many prints/rolls per gallon working/stock recommendation
in The Darkroom Cookbook, 2ed. I use the one I find in my Kodak Master
Darkroom Data guide... instead when I can match up...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 31st 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 0
Posted By Lew
Steve Anchell's Darkroom cookbook

Add in the Film Developing Cookbook as well, and your head will be swimming
with wonderful ideas for years.

"Larry" wrote in message...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 14th 08, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 13
Posted By Lew
Geoffrey Crawley`s FX-55 Formula.

I'm pretty sure that I'm a member of Pure-Silver but there hasn't been any
activity there for many, many months.

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 14th 08, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 13
Posted By Lew
Geoffrey Crawley`s FX-55 Formula.

APUG looks slick, but it's way over automated. Pages nested in pages etc...
more passwords & profiles to remember, plus a fee for some services ... It's
my firm belief that info & ideas should be...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 13th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 13
Posted By Lew
Geoffrey Crawley`s FX-55 Formula.

so it there a list or 2 that you personally favor? I don't mind an off-line
response if security is an issue.

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 13th 08, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 13
Posted By Lew
Geoffrey Crawley`s FX-55 Formula.

I'm not familiar with Acros, but I see that it's an iso 100 film, yet you
tested it at 80. Since phenidone developers typically yield an effective
speed increase over the iso m-q standard, I'm...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 13th 08, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 13
Posted By Lew
Geoffrey Crawley`s FX-55 Formula.

Neat! Thanks!

Any ideas why this ng has been so inactive lately?

"Keith Tapscott." wrote in message

Forum: In The Darkroom October 6th 08, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Lew
Who makes Freestyle noew Arista bw film?

The specific film(s) I'm referring to are called 'Arista Premium' in their
35mm iso 400 incarnations made in the USA.
Thanks.

"Lew" wrote in message...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 6th 08, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Lew
Who makes Freestyle noew Arista bw film?

Freestyle is now selling a bw film it claims to have been made in the USA
for them. Does anyone know who actually makes it? I don't know to many mfgrs
are making bw in the US today.
Forum: In The Darkroom July 22nd 08, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By Lew
Tetenal Ultrafin Plus is there an ryo equivalent?

I always mix my own developers. On the Rolli site there's mention of the
combo of one of their films at half its usual iso developed in ultrafin
plus. Thought I'd try it out.
"Richard Knoppow"...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 20th 08, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By Lew
Tetenal Ultrafin Plus is there an ryo equivalent?

Is there a published formula for an equivalent to Tetenal Ultrafin Plus?
TIA.

--
-Lew
The workers took the robot for Maria.

My Zone vi vc cold light head seems to be losing punch & the ability to
control contrast as well as it did a few years ago.... Do these things wear
out & need to be replaced? Suggestions?

--...
Forum: In The Darkroom November 18th 07, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 2
Posted By Lew
Deoxyribonucleic Acid - QUESTIONS

Of course. After 90 some odd years, it'll be totally shot to hell. Internal
temperature extremes and global warming must be watched as well.

"David Starr" wrote in message...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 22nd 07, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 15
Posted By Lew
sharpness & grain

Other tries for the "look" are D76, D76(1:1), and/or Acufine.
-Lew
"Christian Sulzer" wrote in message
Hi!

I'm...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 2nd 07, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By Lew
Source for anti Newton glass

I believe one was mentioned on this list about a year ago, but I can't find
the reference. I need a second sheet of glass to hold my negs flat in my
flat bed scanner. Hopefully I'll be able to...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 21st 07, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By Lew
Robert Capa -- Frank Capra

.... not entirely accurate but, as Capa used to say, "close enough."

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote in message
July 8, 2007,...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 13th 07, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Lew
35/120 proofer

What idiot came up with this configuration for 36 exposure rolls of film?

The PrintFile 35-7B for 35mm film(Holds seven strips of five
negatives)
Forum: In The Darkroom July 12th 07, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Lew
35/120 proofer

Are there any proofers out there anymore that'll proof 120 and/or 35(6
frames x 6 strips) on an 8x10 sheet of paper? The sales people at BH are
unfamiliar with this concept & the closest we could...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 11th 07, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By Lew
World's Oldest Darkroom

Just thought I'd post this to the group since no one else has:
http://www.niepce.com/pagus/pagus-eve.html