Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 1.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Not4wood
Forum: Digital Photography September 13th 08, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Not4wood
Online Printing services

Try www.mpix.com good quality, fast turn around time and good prices to make
it worth your while.

They also just upgraded there systems with more services and you would have
a good time looking...
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 08, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Not4wood
SDHC cards

First of all, the Ultra II is a Class 4 and is not as fast as the Extreme
III SDHC card which is a class 6.

If you want speed, the Extreme III is a bit faster in both when the camera
downloads the...
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 08, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Not4wood
Anyone have experience with the Nikon P80?

Uh sorry, do you mean the Nikon D80 which is of course the DSLR?

If you do, its not new and was released last August I believe. Its a great
camera and I've had it since right before last...
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 08, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Not4wood
Vendor other than B&H

Besides B&H, the other two very large names for the Net are Adorama and Ritz
Photo.

All three have very good service, and I have never seen or heard of any
problems in any of the Photo Newsgroups...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 1st 08, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Not4wood
Photoshop Elements

Well, there already is:

A Pay Site that also has subscriptions to Photoshop Elements Users Magazine.
There is also a place on the net for free w/included Tutorials and also Free
Forums. This...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 1st 08, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Not4wood
Interested in forming a buying club for Cameras?

I'll Buy That!! Wanna form a Club??

Not4wood

"RichA" wrote in message
| On Jan 30, 8:21 pm,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 29th 08, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 10
Posted By Not4wood
[PHOTO] Pelicans coming in to land

"The One" wrote in message

"Father McKenzie" wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 13th 08, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Not4wood
Photography Contest - A Fun And Rewarding Experience

Do you like to spend money?

There is only a small entrance fee.
Once the contest is Officially Closed to all new entries, all Entries will
be published in a book you can purchase.
All Entries can...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 08, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Not4wood
gads photo shop

Thanks for the information, glad it worked out. We have lots of people here
who have no idea what Advanced Color Management Programs are and why they
should be discussed as well here as part of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 08, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By Not4wood
Amateur's pondering on f-stop and such . . D70s

BTW, just FYI that little green dot means that your subject in the
viewfinder is in Focus.

Not4wood

"ole kvaal" wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 9th 08, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Not4wood
Battery life?

Interesting, my D80 is fine on the battery power. I don't usually review my
shots only glance on occasion after its taken when I'm wondering around in
shooting mode, but I would assume that this...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 9th 08, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By Not4wood
New photo printer

Hmmm, every other company including some of the other paper manufacturers
list the paper thickness or weight or actually I've seen both on the
packaging. Wonder why Epson chooses not to? Curious,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 6th 08, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By Not4wood
New photo printer

I was in Staples earlier and they had the 1400 next to an HP 11X23 for the
exact same price. But the HP only had 2 cartridges, the Tri-Color and the
Black. You had to remove the Black for the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 6th 08, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By Not4wood
New photo printer

LOL, sorry I left off that because of the price I wasn't impressed. For
that price I could go for the larger printers.

Not4wood

"Not4wood" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 6th 08, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By Not4wood
New photo printer

Yeah, I finally had a chance to look at it and it looked good but for some
reason I wasn't impressed, and then I ran into the Epson Stylus R1400 and
R1800's and I am stuck drooling over these. ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 2nd 08, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Not4wood
Which Nikon lens?

I have the 18-135 kit lens w/D80 and it looks very sharp to me, I have no
problems with this lens. I am new to Nikon and this is currently my only
lens. I've been seeing posts by people that have...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 1st 08, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By Not4wood
New photo printer

Thanks Mike, I'll look into it.

I was at the Nikonian site this morning and they were pushing the HP version
of the 13x23 photo quality printer. Looks very nice, but at that price I
will have to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 31st 07, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By Not4wood
New photo printer

I am now checking out Photo Quality Printers. My old Canon IP6700D is now
out of commission due to a paper sensor failure. I tried opening up the
housing but I couldn't get to the rollers to try...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 28th 07, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Not4wood
DSLR Newbie

Big deal, he could at least start to shoot flowers and get an idea of how it
looks, his exposure and so on. If he wants to go start Macro Now he can
shoot and then go out and buy the Macro...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 28th 07, 05:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Not4wood
DSLR Newbie

Wally,

I got the D80 almost a month now. What lens did you get with the camera? I
got the Kit Lens 18-135 f:/3.5-5.6 ED-IF AF-S DX and I've started to do
Macro with it.

Depending on what you...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 23rd 07, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 58
Posted By Not4wood
Custom white balance when using external flash

Flash is supposed to be white like sunlight. Normal bright sunny days, the
normal WB is close to 5500 so start with that. Shooting Raw will give you
the latitude to be able to correct for the WB...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 23rd 07, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Not4wood
Step-down rings for filters?

Probably not. Is this lens a Zoom?? You will probably get a barrel effect
on the edges if its too much for the lens. You didn't mention what kind of
filters you will be using?? If its any...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 21st 07, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By Not4wood
memory card..

I just read on a Nikon Site that as long as the camera (in our case the D80)
can read the SDHC it can also handle the Ultra III. Also, I just saw on the
same site that there is now a 16GB SDHC...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 20th 07, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By Not4wood
memory card..

As far as I know, the D80 can manage the 4GB SDHC card. Does anybody know
if the D80 can handle anything larger then 4GB or even the Ultra III??

I do understand the theory about not having all...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 19th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By Not4wood
D80: memory card..

Interesting Maya;

I saw a good price one day when I was just walking around one of the Staples
near to where we live, and I have it in my hand as I am typing this. Blue,
SD card 4GB SDHC with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65