Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Radium
Forum: Film & Labs October 12th 06, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 119
Posted By Radium
Different Formats for Different Countries -- Variable Density B&W Film

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Just wanted to apologize for accusing you of being someone else here
(Michael Scarpitti aka "UC"/Uranium Committee). You're clearly not him.

No problem.
Forum: In The Darkroom October 12th 06, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 123

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Just wanted to apologize for accusing you of being someone else here
(Michael Scarpitti aka "UC"/Uranium Committee). You're clearly not him.

No problem.
Forum: Film & Labs October 12th 06, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Just wanted to apologize for accusing you of being someone else here
(Michael Scarpitti aka "UC"/Uranium Committee). You're clearly not him.

No problem.
Forum: In The Darkroom October 12th 06, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Just wanted to apologize for accusing you of being someone else here
(Michael Scarpitti aka "UC"/Uranium Committee). You're clearly not him.

No problem.
Forum: Film & Labs October 12th 06, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 119
Posted By Radium
Different Formats for Different Countries -- Variable Density B&W Film

j wrote:
Radium wrote:
Hi:

Is it true that in the days of B&W film and optical track audio, that
the films were formatted differently in different countries?

No, but there is...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 12th 06, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom

j wrote:
Radium wrote:
Hi:

Is it true that in the days of B&W film and optical track audio, that
the films were formatted differently in different countries?

No, but there is...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 11th 06, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 123
Posted By Radium
Different Formats for Different Countries -- Variable Density B&W Film

Hi:

Is it true that in the days of B&W film and optical track audio, that
the films were formatted differently in different countries?

When magnetic videotapes were the norm, USA and Canada used...
Forum: Film & Labs October 11th 06, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 119
Posted By Radium
Different Formats for Different Countries -- Variable Density B&W Film

Hi:

Is it true that in the days of B&W film and optical track audio, that
the films were formatted differently in different countries?

When magnetic videotapes were the norm, USA and Canada used...
Forum: Film & Labs October 11th 06, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Radium
Variable Density B&W Film for monoaural audio

Alex F wrote:
strange, but in a fascinating sort of way.

Any chance of my "Variable Density B&W Film for monoaural audio"
fanstasy turning real?
Forum: In The Darkroom October 11th 06, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom

Alex F wrote:
strange, but in a fascinating sort of way.

Any chance of my "Variable Density B&W Film for monoaural audio"
fanstasy turning real?
Forum: Film & Labs October 11th 06, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom

J. Theakston wrote:
Alex F wrote:
strange, but in a fascinating sort of way.

Please don't feed the trolls.

J. Theakston

I am not a troll.
Forum: In The Darkroom October 11th 06, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom

J. Theakston wrote:
Alex F wrote:
strange, but in a fascinating sort of way.

Please don't feed the trolls.

J. Theakston

I am not a troll.
Forum: Film & Labs October 10th 06, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Radium
Variable Density B&W Film for monoaural audio

Hi:

I like using variable-density analog B&W monoaural negative [no
positive and no "reversal"; just the negatives] film optical tracks for
audio. The audio characteristics of the film make my...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 10th 06, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Radium
Variable Density B&W Film for monoaural audio

Hi:

I like using variable-density analog B&W monoaural negative [no
positive and no "reversal"; just the negatives] film optical tracks for
audio. The audio characteristics of the film make my...
Forum: Film & Labs October 9th 06, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Radium
Variable Density B&W Greyscale Film for monoaural audio

Hi:

I like using variable-density analog B&W monoaural negative [no
positive and no "reversal"; just the negatives] film optical tracks for
audio. The audio characteristics of the film make my...
Forum: Film & Labs October 8th 06, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Radium
Question for J. Theakston -- "Third Base"??

J. Theakston wrote in
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.photo.film+labs/msg/2ee13bd267b6bb8d?hl=en&
:
Radium wrote:
Forget the reversal or the positive. I prefer to use the original
Forum: Film & Labs October 8th 06, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Radium
Variable Density Greyscale Film for audio

J. Theakston wrote:
Radium wrote:
Forget the reversal or the positive. I prefer to use the original
negative film.

THIRD BASE!!!

J. Theakston

What do you mean?
Forum: Film & Labs October 5th 06, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Radium
Variable Density Greyscale Film for audio

Radium wrote:
EarlyFilm wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

I have been running variable area tracks on 7378 through the reversal
chemistry and getting pretty decent results.

Forum: Film & Labs October 5th 06, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech

EarlyFilm wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

I have been running variable area tracks on 7378 through the reversal
chemistry and getting pretty decent results.

VA tracks don't mush up as...
Forum: Film & Labs October 5th 06, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Radium
Variable Density Greyscale Film for audio

Morgan Montague wrote:
mono and VD.

That bears repeating. ;)

Yep. Those 2 are "fidelity" problems.

Not for me. I think mono and VD are better in quality. I don't like
stereo or...
Forum: Film & Labs October 5th 06, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Radium
Variable Density Greyscale Film for audio

Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , EarlyFilm wrote:
Scott Dorsey asks:

2234 is SLOW. Grain structure is good, and the gamma is very low...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 25th 06, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 3
Posted By Radium
Variable Density Greyscale Film for audio

Richard Knoppow wrote:

From about 1940 both 20th Century-Fox and M-G-M were
using double width, push-pull density tracks for original
recording. This equipment was made by Western Electric...
Forum: Film & Labs September 21st 06, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech

On 2006-09-20 20:27:41 -0700, "Radium" said:

The ERPI system, Fox-Case's Movietone, and De Forest's Phonofilm use
variable-density recording film...
Forum: Film & Labs September 21st 06, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 25
Posted By Radium
Variable Density Greyscale Film for audio

Hi:

I like using variable-density analog B&W negative film optical tracks
for audio. The audio characteristics of the film make my mouth-water.
Yes, for some wierd reason, the film's audio makes me...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 21st 06, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom