Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Danny D.[_4_]
Forum: Digital Photography April 25th 13, 12:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:11:11 -0400 nospam wrote:

why do you need a replacement disk for windows? can't you contact
microsoft and get it activated?

Huh? The brand new hard disk needs an...
Forum: Digital Photography April 24th 13, 08:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 07:36:39 +0200 Poutnik wrote:

I prefer freeware but do not make from it unbreakable rule,
even if I have bought except of Windows just 1 SW ever...

Well, to be clear, no...
Forum: Digital Photography April 24th 13, 07:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:28:50 -0400 nospam wrote:

sometimes it's unbelievable the crap people use just because it's free.

Offhand, I used the following freeware (from memory) when I was on
Windows...
Forum: Digital Photography April 24th 13, 06:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 01:56:29 -0400 nospam wrote:

the best way to make a decision is ask those who have done
similar tasks what the various options are.

Which is why I posted on the USENET...
Forum: Digital Photography April 24th 13, 06:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 01:56:31 -0400 nospam wrote:

but when have facts mattered to linux zealots anyway.

Actually, I'm not a Linux zealot.

The main reason I'm on Linux is simply that I had...
Forum: Digital Photography April 24th 13, 06:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:38:32 +0200 Poutnik wrote:

You need in payware something you miss in freeware,
otherwise freeware is sufficient.

Exactly!

This is the three-step software-purchase...
Forum: Digital Photography April 24th 13, 05:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 23:09:49 -0700 Savageduck wrote:

Mercedes is going to be miffed that you think that 1936 540K Special,
is a Bugatti.

Ooops.
Forum: Digital Photography April 24th 13, 05:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 23:02:12 -0700 Savageduck wrote:

In Photoshop they are added to a unique layer as a vector graphic

This is a very useful feature that I've never seen in the
freeware...
Forum: Digital Photography April 23rd 13, 06:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:48:32 -0400 Alan Meyer wrote:

Doesn't commercial software require the same amount of
reading reviews and testing?

Here's one functional freeware/payware decision...
Forum: Digital Photography April 23rd 13, 06:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 00:17:22 -0400 nospam wrote:

the point is he only looked at free solutions, ignoring a whole class
of apps just because he's too cheap to spend a couple bucks on quality
Forum: Digital Photography April 23rd 13, 06:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:48:32 -0400 Alan Meyer wrote:

Besides the spyware issue, open source programs are often better behaved

Regarding behavior ...

One huge difference I've noted in installing...
Forum: Digital Photography April 23rd 13, 06:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 17:14:36 -0400 Tony Cooper wrote:

If you want a second or third arrow, you merely copy/paste that layer
and move the arrow on that layer. You don't have to re-draw the
Forum: Digital Photography April 23rd 13, 06:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:24:19 -0700 Savageduck wrote:

BTW: here are a couple of curved arrows, a circle and some text done in
Photoshop on to of what has become my annotation demo.
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 06:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:50:47 +0000 Danny D. wrote:

I agree it is especially useful to grow the canvas of the screenshot
in order to edit below (or to the right). I had not mentioned this
as a...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 05:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 17:00:27 +0100 one wrote:

Personally I'd take a different approach, namely:
No approach is wrong.

(a) paste each screenshot into a larger canvas
(b) use the empty margins...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 04:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:57:33 +0100 bugbear wrote:

Try googling screenshot annotation
if that's what you want, rather than "proving" that image
editors aren't screenshot...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 01:23:32 -0400 nospam wrote:

preview does what he needs but he doesn't have a mac.

This is the USENET, so, we have all types - therefore, it's nice
to answer the questions for...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 04:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 21:39:45 -0700 Savageduck wrote:

As far as a technically free (it is part of the Mac OS bundle)
application I use for simple annotation, including arrows, is "Preview".
So...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 05:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 01:31:54 +0200 Rikishi42 wrote:

I find that Irfanview does those tasks rather wall,
actually. What do you find wrong with it ?

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear that Irfanview is...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 04:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:53:20 -0400 Tony Cooper wrote:
What you are using is a nice little program, but it's not a new
religion or a cure for cancer.

I heartily agree.

In fact, I hate some...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 04:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:53:20 -0400 Tony Cooper wrote:

Q1: When you text, must you draw a bounding box first?
No, in Photoshop and Elements.

Good! Efficiency & ease of use is what I'd expect if...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 04:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:20:48 -0700 Jennifer Murphy wrote:

I use Visio for a lot of the type of markup you mention.

I've used Visio at work for creating huge flowcharts.
It's a nice program....
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 04:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:20:48 -0700 Jennifer Murphy wrote:

I believe the old adage that "there is no such thing as a
free lunch".

While that is true, I do not believe in the old adage that
you...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 04:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:20:48 -0700 Jennifer Murphy wrote:

It seems to me that you have spent an enormous amount of time testing
"free" software, without, apparently, any regard to the cost of...
Forum: Digital Photography April 21st 13, 06:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Danny D.[_4_]
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshotannotation efficiently?

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:11:13 -0700 Jennifer Murphy wrote:

Q: Does any other freeware program do screenshot annotation efficiently?

Are there any non-freeware programs that meet your...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 81