Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dennis Boone
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 17th 17, 03:37 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By Dennis Boone
Canon AE-1 Program Lens Stuck

So far I've tried undoing a few of the screws on the lens around the
comera end, but they didn't offer any improved access, and in final
desperation I tried brute force applied from various...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 5th 12, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 46
Posted By Dennis Boone
[SI] Runoff vote for next mandate

Signs
Pairs - Repetitions, echoes, series
Doors

De
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 5th 12, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 32
Posted By Dennis Boone
[SI] Runoff vote for next mandate

Signs
Pairs - Repetitions, echoes, series
Doors

De
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 29th 12, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 27
Posted By Dennis Boone
[SI] Next mandate selection

Voting for:

Opposites
Art and science
B&W photos of dogs (or photos of black&white dogs? :)
Burnt Offering
Signs

Not voting for:
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment April 24th 12, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Dennis Boone
retrofit very old fresnel lights with modern bulbs, or where to find old 3200k bulbs

These all sound like stage instrument lamps, and your photos look like
'em too. These things have an ANSI nomenclature. I can't find a
decent guide to the ANSI coding online right now, but there...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 6th 12, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 9
Posted By Dennis Boone
Metering for B/W Films

When it comes down to B/W films, methods such as the zone system or BTZS
are mentioned.

How do the visitors here like to use their lightmeters for exposing B/W
films for enlarging or...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 25th 12, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 2
Posted By Dennis Boone
Curious - who uses Dropbox?

Do you use Dropbox?

I don't use any of these services, but coincidentally, box.net was
brought to my attention. Folks I respect say their policies are less
worrisome than dropbox. Apparently...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 25th 12, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 42
Posted By Dennis Boone
Curious - who uses Dropbox?

Do you use Dropbox?

I don't use any of these services, but coincidentally, box.net was
brought to my attention. Folks I respect say their policies are less
worrisome than dropbox. Apparently...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 14th 11, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Dennis Boone
What is the oldest digital pic you have on your computer?

The company I was working for in the mid-late 80s did online photos
in real estate listing systems. The images were acquired using
Sony cameras that recorded analog info on 2" microfloppy media.
The...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 18th 11, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 3
Posted By Dennis Boone
Agfa Viradon

Then it says After toning wash thoroughly Na sulphite 10%, prevents
posttoning.
Could someone please explain the "Na sulphite10%" as I do not understand.

Presumably sodium sulfite. ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 18th 11, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Dennis Boone
Bokeh (was: [SI] Weapons are available for viewing)

Pulling this out of the weapons thread to give that thread a chance
to get back on topic. (There's a topic!? Who knew?)

Ignoring for the moment the pretentiousness or lack thereof of the
term...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 7th 11, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 36
Posted By Dennis Boone
M's are up! Come see!

Reading the comments, I feel like a number of shots are not showing up
on the page right now. Â*No pizza or mango, only one mask or mailbox,
etc.

You may need to widen your window...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 7th 11, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 36
Posted By Dennis Boone
[SI] M's are up! Come see!

At last, the M's are available for viewing:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m

Reading the comments, I feel like a number of shots are not showing up
on the page right now. No pizza or...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 20th 11, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 47
Posted By Dennis Boone
DL in the field

Who said "boost converter"?

Automobile electrical systems put out 12-15 volts DC. Most laptops
these days want 18-19 volts. Sounds like a boost converter to me.

5 - 8 amps? Why? Most...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 19th 11, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 47
Posted By Dennis Boone
DL in the field

If one knows the voltage for the laptop, they could make a 12 to 24 V
input DC|DC converter that outputs the right voltage to the laptop. (A
technician with nothing to do in his spare time...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 15th 11, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Dennis Boone
Call for mandates

Sure, but participate.
This month we should be buried with "Bad Travel" shots so join in.

Yeah, I'm just back from a tour of the relatives over the holidays,
so I should have lots of fresh...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 13th 11, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 25
Posted By Dennis Boone
[SI] New Mandates!

: Damn it! I just finished working on this one, and you insist on human
: hands. It's cold here (for Florida), so I tried some table-top stuff.
:
:...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 13th 11, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Dennis Boone
Call for mandates

who's first with the ass-hole ;-)

Actually, that might be half of a workable mandate.

Many are familiar with the phrase "assholes and elbows", an expression
common in the military, construction,...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18