Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 2.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marvin
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 116
Posted By Marvin
Can we 'twist' a digital picture to be square with the camera?

Mark F wrote:
"maryanne kehoe" wrote in part:
What 'trick' am I missing to take a photo of my watercolor paintings?
Can we 'twist' the digital photo to be square with the...
Forum: Digital Photography July 23rd 07, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Marvin
My Olympus xD H 1GB card appears to be corrupt

M wrote:
I have an Olympus SP-550UZ camera and have tried to transfer pictures from
the xD card to my PC. I have tried to use an Olympus xD USB adaptor since
this seemed the simplest way. ...
Forum: Digital Photography July 21st 07, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Marvin
Security of digital camera when using USB card reader

zhengshareware wrote:
Digital cameras have gained popularity nowadays. However, they are
always host to viruses, Trojans, hacker toolkits, worms and other
kinds of malicious programs. For...
Forum: Digital Photography July 18th 07, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Marvin
Do people still use a shutter release cable in digital cameraage?

wrote:
I seem to notice that the advance digital cameras, as well as some (if
not all) models and brands for the DSLR do not have a screw-in
attachement for a shutter release...
Forum: Digital Photography July 14th 07, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Marvin
Can I partition my 1 GIG SD Card ?

bigdaddy wrote:
Hi all

I like to partition my 1 Gig SD Memory Card into four equal partitions
to be used in four different devices including Samsung Digimax V4. Can
I do it. If yes then...
Forum: Digital Photography July 8th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Marvin
Can JPEG Numbers Be Printed on Tabs of 4x6" Paper?

Morton wrote:
Marvin wrote:
Morton wrote:
Hi,

I have a question concerning H-P 4x6" inkjet photo paper. I notice
that a bit of each photo is printed onto the removable tab. I...
Forum: Digital Photography July 6th 07, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Morton wrote:
Hi,

I have a question concerning H-P 4x6" inkjet photo paper. I notice that
a bit of each photo is printed onto the removable tab. I have difficulty
keeping track of large...
Forum: Digital Photography July 6th 07, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Marvin
Digital print lab

wrote:
What online digital print vendor(s) do you use? I am building up a
library of jpgs and I need to get some of them printed.

John Culleton

I used Clark Color...
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Marvin
QUESTION: What's the 'rep' like for New York City camera storesnowadays?

BD wrote:
Hey, all.

Looking for an upgrade from a Canon 300D. Thinking about the 30D,
thinking about the 5D.

Found a site for a place in Brooklyn - 'digicombos.com'.

Their prices...
Forum: Digital Photography June 28th 07, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Marvin
Correct exposure with bright skies

Tim wrote:
Hi
Can anyone offer some basic advice or links about getting a decent exposure
when the sky is overcast and glaring!

I'm a noob pretty much so I tend to use too much...
Forum: Digital Photography June 28th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Marvin
Mermaid Parade Pictures

David J Taylor wrote:
Colin_D wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
Colin_D wrote:
[]
I found the images were a bit on the dark side on my calibrated PC,
had to peer to see the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 19th 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Marvin
PSP problem

frederick wrote:
Gordon MacPherson wrote:
PSPX - was fine until a day or two ago. Now all thumbnails, editing
screens (color balance etc) are solid black. I do not think I did
anything...
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 07, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 341
Posted By Marvin
Why not make the sensor larger?

bugbear wrote:
Victek wrote:
It seems like the biggest weakness of mid-priced cameras is noise/iso
issues due to small sensors. Well, why don't the manufacturers use a
larger sensor? ...
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 07, 05:23 PM Posted to comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Marvin
What does Gamma value mean in Photoshop/GIMP?

PGPS wrote:
I used Photoshop/GIMP to improve the mid-tones of pictures. However, I
don't have access to Photoshop anymore and want to use Irfanview to do
the same thing. The Gamma value (1 to...
Forum: Digital Photography May 29th 07, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Marvin
Focal length reciprocal rule explained!

Aaron wrote:
I took some time to (hopefully) clearly explain what the focal length
reciprocal rule actually means and point out a few caveats that some
folks starting out might not know about....
Forum: Digital Photography May 29th 07, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Marvin
Digital prints at home are a PITA

Charles wrote:
They are extremely time consuming and inordinately expensive.

My friends and family think that I am their print service.

Anybody else think that this sucks?

I tell...
Forum: Digital Photography May 26th 07, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.misc
Replies: 21
Posted By Marvin
Cheap SD cards... OK?

Lobster wrote:
I was thinking of buying a number of cheap SD cards for my camera, which
I've seen on offer... is this a good idea or not?

I appreciate that "you get what you pay for" but...
Forum: Digital Photography May 26th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Marvin
Low self-discharge NiMH batteries?

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Marvin wrote:
I bought some Rayovac 2500 mAH last year, and I'm very happy
with them. I've recharged them with inexpensive Kodak and
Forum: Digital Photography May 25th 07, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Marvin
Low self-discharge NiMH batteries?

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Can anybody relate their experience with the low self-discharge NiMH batteries
out there? In particular, I am interested in the Sony Eneloop and Rayovac
Hybrid...
Forum: Digital Photography May 19th 07, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Marvin
What makes a picture worthy to hang on the wall?

Luttrell wrote:
I've been wanting to print some of my pictures at around16x20" but as
I'm trying to decide which to print and frame onto a wall I can't get
my mind set on a particular picture....
Forum: Digital Photography May 16th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Marvin
My image is way too dark...can it be fixed??

KrazeeKaylee wrote:
Hello all, I posted this on a yahoo group as well, but I figured I'd
try it out here as well.

A little about me and my photography background before I ask my
question....
Forum: Digital Photography May 14th 07, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Marvin
Articles on Siam Reap (Angkor Wat) and Phuket

wrote:
Article on Siam Reap available from:

http://www.snaptheroom.com/People/Siam%20Reap.PDF

Article on Phuket available from:

Forum: Digital Photography May 12th 07, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Marvin
New camera-have question on Adobe Photoshop Elements

wrote:
Excuse the newbie question.
I have a new Sony W90 digital camera as a low cost way to get into
digital photo just for fun. Nice camera for the price.

It saves...
Forum: Digital Photography May 10th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Marvin
CA gets worse with time?

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
The chromatic aberration was never that good with my 1st digicam: an
Olympus C4040 from the start but I'm sure it got worse after a while. My
current PowewrShot...
Forum: Digital Photography May 8th 07, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Marvin
Advice on new Camera please!

Simon wrote:
Hi there,

I've been using a Canon Powershot A300 for a few years now, and while
it's served me well - it's time to get a little more up to date!

Here's my list of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125