Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave Platt
Forum: Digital Photography March 30th 09, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 158
Posted By Dave Platt
Photography is Not a Crime, It's a First Amendment Right

In article ,
Bob wrote:

you actually should do research into the bill of rights,
and in the context in which it was written....
Forum: Digital Photography December 5th 08, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 63
Posted By Dave Platt
Aren't rechargeables for high current applications?

In article ,
Dave Cohen wrote:

Most people seem to be aware of alkalines having a higher internal
resistance then either NiMH or NiCD.
Since...
Forum: Digital Photography December 5th 08, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 63
Posted By Dave Platt
Aren't rechargeables for high current applications?

Since the worth of a NiMH rechargeable battery is determined by how
many alkalines you avoid buying and disposing of,

I think you've just sandbagged the discussion, by asserting (as a
given)...
Forum: Digital Photography September 26th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 39
Posted By Dave Platt
Infrared photography

In article ,
James Silverton not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not wrote:

I haven't got the nerve (or ability, probably) to perform surgery on a
camera but how...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 26th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 38
Posted By Dave Platt
Infrared photography

In article ,
James Silverton not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not wrote:

I haven't got the nerve (or ability, probably) to perform surgery on a
camera but how...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 26th 08, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 38
Posted By Dave Platt
Infrared photography

In article ,
DaveC wrote:

Seems straightforward (notice the absence of the term "simple").

Can you give a URL for...
Forum: Digital Photography September 26th 08, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 39
Posted By Dave Platt
Infrared photography

In article ,
DaveC wrote:

Seems straightforward (notice the absence of the term "simple").

Can you give a URL for...
Forum: Digital Photography August 13th 08, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave Platt
CoolPix 995 Connectivity Issues

In article , Inyo wrote:

So the other day I decide to haul out my first digital camera, the Nikon
CoolPix 995, a device I'd not used in some three...
Forum: Digital Photography August 1st 08, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Dave Platt
Reducing picture size.

My motive is to distribute family
photographs, new and scanned-old to numerous
relatives around the world.

There is about 20Gb worth on numerous DVDs.

Of course I will keep the...
Forum: Digital Photography July 7th 08, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Dave Platt
Canon A570IS, 200 shots on eneloop, 10 shots on Alkaline

In article ,
SMS wrote:

I wish some reviews would include battery life for NiMH, Lithium, and
alkaline AAs. Now the typical...
Forum: Digital Photography July 7th 08, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 46
Posted By Dave Platt
Photographing Where No Electricity Source

Are there any other viable solutions to be able to shoot digital without
worrying about power, such as solar charging devices, etc?

You can buy roll-up and fold-up solar panels intended for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 7th 08, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 48
Posted By Dave Platt
Photographing Where No Electricity Source

Are there any other viable solutions to be able to shoot digital without
worrying about power, such as solar charging devices, etc?

You can buy roll-up and fold-up solar panels intended for...
Forum: Digital Photography June 28th 08, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Dave Platt
Problems with digital camera batteries

In article ,
Peter James wrote:

I hope this is the right NG to ask this question. If it's wrong, then...
Forum: Digital Photography June 8th 08, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Dave Platt
For you own safety

In article ,
Chris H wrote:

Is there anyway of disconnecting google groups from Usenet? They could
happily all play there and not...
Forum: Digital Photography June 6th 08, 08:47 PM Posted to misc.consumers,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Dave Platt
What Happened to Amazon? Their web site comes back with "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable"

In article ,
BobW wrote:

I just got the same thing. Very odd.

I used to work for a very large company ($4B/yr...
Forum: Digital Photography May 24th 08, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Dave Platt
Question re jpeg compression

In article ,
Blinky the Shark wrote:

This brings up a question I've pondered. If png is lossless (and I'm not
arguing...
Forum: Digital Photography May 24th 08, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Dave Platt
Question re jpeg compression

In article 1211622886.390240@ftpsrv1,
Peter in New Zealand wrote:

I am aware of the issue with repeated editing and re-saving of jpeg image
files, and the...
Forum: Digital Photography May 21st 08, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave Platt
Sanyo eneloop

In article ,
Bill wrote:

Where are they sold, maybe at Best Buy or Circuit City?

I recently picked up 4 AA Rayovac...
Forum: Digital Photography May 8th 08, 02:44 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave Platt
Is this a real picture or CGI?

In article ,
Rob Morley wrote:

Looks to me either like CGI or extremely enhanced by CGI. Seems to
have a sort of "plasic"...
Forum: Digital Photography April 25th 08, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave Platt
Card read error -- recovery

How do you get a card to 'pretend' that it has 2gb?

You program its on-board/on-chip controller to lie.

All of these sorts of devices have some sort of controller chip on
them, which manages the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 08, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 29
Posted By Dave Platt
Is this camera hopelessly broken???

In article ,
Ignoramus4930 wrote:

If that epoxy would stick, which I doubt, I would do it.

I was thinking of...
Forum: Digital Photography April 15th 08, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By Dave Platt
A couple questions about the Canon 550 EX flash

In article ,
Meghan Noecker wrote:

I have 8 sets of batteries, which I charge before every event. That's
not a problem. I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography April 9th 08, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave Platt
XD picture card reformatting?

In article ,
Jürgen Exner wrote:

One footnote: contrary to urban lore there is no difference between
formatting the card in the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 6th 08, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave Platt
Rechargeable batteries with Canon A570IS

Always better to use Nickel Hydride Batteries or NhMi for short as they
hold the charge better than Nicad types,

I believe that this statement is largely backwards. NiCd cells have a
relatively...
Forum: Digital Photography April 2nd 08, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By Dave Platt
Boy this place is certainly getting flooded ...

In article ,
HEMI-Powered wrote:

I don't want to kill ALL the Google groups stuff, I don't think.
Isn't there at least SOME posted by...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47