Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Donn Cave
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 18th 11, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Posted By Donn Cave
Lens Cell Cleaning

Quoth (Thor Lancelot Simon):
| On the other hand, maybe it's not "uncharacteristic". Wollensak made
| some awful Tessar lenses and so did a few others. Maybe Richard knows:
| is...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 12th 11, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 0
Posted By Donn Cave
LF photography front page news

A couple shots from this series appeared on the front page of
the Seattle Times this morning.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/photogalleries/localnews2013876728

Not only 8x10 (and larger)...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment December 9th 10, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 0
Posted By Donn Cave
Unusual lens on eBay

Quoth " :
| I guess my point: if my newsreader was displaying garbage and other
| people noted that newer newsreaders (I use mozilla thunderbird) had no...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 25th 10, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 10
Posted By Donn Cave
Lenses that satisfy

Quoth "Richard Knoppow" :
| I am not sure who Topcon was. AFAIK it was a trade name
| used to market equipment in the US that may have been made
| by any of several...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 25th 10, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 10
Posted By Donn Cave
Lenses that satisfy

Quoth "Richard Knoppow" :
| I no longer remember who buit the Caltar lenses for
| Calumet but they are Plasmat types similar to the Rodenstock
| Sironar and...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment September 6th 10, 08:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Posted By Donn Cave
Does anyone make ...

Quoth "Donn Cave" :
| So we're looking at Portra VC as the LF choice for more vivid color,
| vs. what in roll films? Is VC as vivid as PRN? What is Portra UC?

Oops, sorry -...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment September 6th 10, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Posted By Donn Cave
Does anyone make ...

Quoth (Thor Lancelot Simon):
| The last set of adjustments to Kodak's product lines replaced all the
| traditional daylight-balanced professional films with "Portra NC" and
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment September 5th 10, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Posted By Donn Cave
Does anyone make ...

Quoth Doug McDonald :
| This was most prominent in the early to late 1970s, when the 4x5 offerings
| were grossly inferior to the latest 25mm ones. At one...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8