Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Randall Ainsworth
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 17th 07, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,comp.dsp,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Latest model of Canon cameras

In article
, dj_nme
wrote:

Fair enough, but I'm curious about the (slr styled) EVF cams.
Most of them don't...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 17th 07, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,comp.dsp,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 45

wrote:

Fair enough, but I'm curious about the (slr styled) EVF cams.
Most of them don't...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 14th 07, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,comp.dsp,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Latest model of Canon cameras

In article
, dj_nme
wrote:

You mean that some twits managed to burn a hole through the metal
shutter in the...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 14th 07, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,comp.dsp,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 45

wrote:

You mean that some twits managed to burn a hole through the metal
shutter in the...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 14th 07, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,comp.dsp,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Latest model of Canon cameras

In article
, werdan
wrote:

In film days, losing a stop meant shooting 200 instead of 100 ISO film or...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 14th 07, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,comp.dsp,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 45

wrote:

In film days, losing a stop meant shooting 200 instead of 100 ISO film or...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 14th 07, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,comp.dsp,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 45
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Latest model of Canon cameras

In article DxbQi.2844$I22.1733@trndny03, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

Because it didn't work well in film days?

Why?

The viewfinder was noticeably dimmer....
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 14th 07, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,comp.dsp,aus.photo,alt.photography

wrote:

Because it didn't work well in film days?

Why?

The viewfinder was noticeably dimmer....
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 13th 07, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,comp.dsp,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Latest model of Canon cameras

In article
, werdan
wrote:

I wonder why Canon doesn't make use of the pellicle mirror technology in
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 13th 07, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,comp.dsp,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 45

wrote:

I wonder why Canon doesn't make use of the pellicle mirror technology in
Forum: Photographing Nature October 11th 07, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
Replies: 9
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Are my photos good enough for me to turn professional?

Got anything encouraging to say?

You want nice instead of truth? Better the guy learns now that he's...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 10th 07, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Two MORE problems with plastic-bodied cameras

In article ,
RichA wrote:

Do us all a favor and *STFU*.

Haven't you got a gay wedding to photography...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 10th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Two MORE problems with plastic-bodied cameras

In article ,
RichA wrote:

They attract dust FAR more readily (owing no doubt to static build-up)
than metal bodied...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Comment on the old Canon EOS-10D

In article ,
" wrote:

somebody said the old Canon EOS-10D is the top ten popular SLRS,how do
think it?

I bought one...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 07, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Comment on the old Canon EOS-10D

In article , Bob S
wrote:

Not bad if you have all day to focus. The 10D's biggest fault was
sloooowwwwww focus

Slow focus?...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 07, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Canon PowerShot S3 IS?

In article ,
" wrote:

Camera gets good reviews. Have an opportunity to buy a new one at
$175. Is this being...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 10th 07, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 50
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
"Live View" is leading to the inevitable conclusion (that most won't like)

In article ,
RichA wrote:

Inevitably, the reflex mirror is doomed.

What do you care? You don't own a camera or know...
Forum: Photographing Nature October 10th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
Replies: 9
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Are my photos good enough for me to turn professional?

In article ,
Michael Bennett wrote:

Hi Randall,
Thanks for your response. Probably why I'm not a professional...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 10th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 75
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

In article , William
Graham wrote:

Well, If Hillary has her way, every baby will get $5,000 at birth....At a
7.3% return rate...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 10th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 83

Graham wrote:

Well, If Hillary has her way, every baby will get $5,000 at birth....At a
7.3% return rate...
Forum: Photographing Nature October 9th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
Replies: 9
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Are my photos good enough for me to turn professional?

In article ,
Michael Bennett wrote:

My wife loves my photos and I think that they are pretty good but I'd
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 07, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 107
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Rockwell on DSLR vs. P&S

In article , David J
Taylor wrote:

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
[]
A film SLR that's...
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 107
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Rockwell on DSLR vs. P&S

In article , David J
Taylor wrote:

I used to use film SLRs, but the kit became too heavy...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 8th 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Sony takes a solid 3rd place, with ONE DSLR

In article , David J
Taylor wrote:

I handled one of the Sony DSLRs recently, and was...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Randall Ainsworth
Hung by the Neck

In article , ~~NoMad~~
wrote:

Personally, I would like a quality wrist mounted camera that would lead to a
new symbol...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125