Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: no_name
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 28th 06, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By no_name
how do I develop a photo????? PLEEEEEZ HELP!?

ShibbyShane wrote:

wrote:

HI, i made a pinhole camera for a school project, but i dont know how
to develop the film. i cant ask my teacher, and there are no books...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 26th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 115
Posted By no_name
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

ian wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

According to ian :

"Bandicoot"...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 26th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 114
Posted By no_name
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

ian wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

According to ian :

"Bandicoot"...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 25th 06, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 115
Posted By no_name
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

Sander Vesik wrote:

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm ian wrote:

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 25th 06, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 114
Posted By no_name
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

Sander Vesik wrote:

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm ian wrote:

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 23rd 06, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 115
Posted By no_name
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

ian wrote:

"Bandicoot" wrote in message

Have you read "A Canticle for Leibowitz"?

You...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 23rd 06, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 114
Posted By no_name
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

ian wrote:

"Bandicoot" wrote in message

Have you read "A Canticle for Leibowitz"?

You...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 23rd 06, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 67
Posted By no_name
And then there were two: Kodachrome processing

jeremy wrote:

Back in those days, they weren't selling cheap kit zoom lenses with new
cameras.

Just 'cause they're sellin' them don't mean you gotta' buy one. Buy the
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 23rd 06, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 63
Posted By no_name
35mm film, how much longer?

jeremy wrote:

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" ...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment August 22nd 06, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 47
Posted By no_name
Still using medium format

sr3 wrote:

I took y'all up on some of the suggestions here...

From Stone Mountain State Park, take US 21 N to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Take the Parkway south & at the first overlook looking...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 22nd 06, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 67
Posted By no_name
And then there were two: Kodachrome processing

Scott Schuckert wrote:

In article y0kGg.3942$E_.1298@trnddc06, jeremy
wrote:

As for why I liked Kodachrome, I originally liked it for its saturated
colors...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 22nd 06, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 36
Posted By no_name
Comparison of New Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 Nikon Mount vs. Older NikonNormal Lenses

AAvK wrote:

I think there is good reason to keep and use such lenses and bodies, as
is my interest, for doing visual photographic art on a tripod... then
the darkroom art. Saleable...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 22nd 06, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 44
Posted By no_name
PING: Ken Nadvornick

In article ,
says...

Until then, here's a few I've converted from color to...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 22nd 06, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 63
Posted By no_name
35mm film, how much longer?

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

Bandicoot wrote:

"no_name" ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 22nd 06, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 63
Posted By no_name
35mm film, how much longer?

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

jeremy wrote:

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote in message

The coffee...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 22nd 06, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 115
Posted By no_name
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

On 2006-08-17 19:12:35 -0400, ColinD said:

Well, the CD versus negative storage longevity arguments are now put
to rest. Kodak have announced their new...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 22nd 06, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 114
Posted By no_name
ARCHIVAL CDs - 300 YEARS LIFE!

On 2006-08-17 19:12:35 -0400, ColinD said:

Well, the CD versus negative storage longevity arguments are now put
to rest. Kodak have announced their new...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 06, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By no_name
gimp on linux

Ivan Danicic wrote:

Hello all, I find that certain important features of gimp don't work on
linux e.g. unsharp mask. It woks well on windows XP. Has anyone else
experienced this? Any ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 21st 06, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By no_name
Shoot-In: And you thought it was about the equipment...

Denny wrote:

At the end one of them said, "How did you learn so much?"... I thought
for a second and told them, "Because we didn't have television to eat
up our time and energy."
A t that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 21st 06, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 33
Posted By no_name
A 10 and 18 MP Pentax....very nice...

Paul Mitchum wrote:

Marc Sabatella wrote:

I do think that my 6mp DL is too soft and doesn't get pictures as sharp
as the Canon. I swear that it just seems like...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 06, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By no_name
Catalog

wrote:

Hi,

I hope there is someone out there who can help. As a Lions Club pin
trader I am planning to photograph my pin collection one pin at a time
and build a...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 06, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By no_name
Photographers are loners?

doopydoo wrote:

it's just an observation but i see a majority die hard photographers are
loners

Nah. You gotta' have assistants to carry all the equipment.

--
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 06, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4

wrote:

i THINK a very well known artwork shooting studio here in
nyc(jellybean) uses, along with polarizers, tinted gels to get their
phenominal 4x5's. i ask them once long...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 06, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By no_name
Using Photoshop To Get The Best Out Of RAW Images

Jack wrote:
I have quite a few RAW images on my PC, however I haven't learnt how to get
the best out of them when converting them yet.

Any recommendations on good Photoshop books (focusing...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 21st 06, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By no_name
Another one bites the dust.

Kinon O'Cann wrote:

Joe Rosenthal, the photographer who shot the famous "Iwo Jima" photo has
died.

Sad to hear, but he lived a long full life. A testament to his
greatness, the world...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125