Showing results 1 to 25 of 71
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael J Davis
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 08, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Michael J Davis
Need explanation on "Extended Zoom" in Lumix FZ18

observed
I owned the camera over a year now, but have just learned to use it
recently (after reading the instruction manual)
I have some questions which I hope someone can...
Forum: Digital Photography July 9th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By Michael J Davis
PING: R HUNTER re Which inkjet printer for a professional photographer?

tony cooper observed
Oh, I did that. My first employer after college (1960)handed out
canned hams for Christmas. The instructions on the can said to place
the can...
Forum: Digital Photography March 22nd 08, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Michael J Davis
Inkjet printing both sides

Terry Pinnell observed
Michael J Davis wrote:

Terry Pinnell observed

With a wedding...
Forum: Digital Photography March 22nd 08, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Michael J Davis
Inkjet printing both sides

Terry Pinnell observed

With a wedding anniversary due soon, I'm thinking I might try the
single-fold alternative, to get a larger card. But I'm still keen...
Forum: Digital Photography March 16th 08, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Michael J Davis
Inkjet printing both sides

Terry Pinnell observed
Somewhat OT for both groups (I'd appreciate a pointer to a more
appropriate one), but I imagine there's some expertise on this...
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 08, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael J Davis
Nikon D60, Canon XSi (450D), or Olympus E-420?

observed
Currently I have a Canon G7 and a Lumix FZ18. I have been thinking
about upgrading my camera to a DSLR (will be the first one). I have a
small hand, and a Canon 40D,...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 30
Posted By Michael J Davis
A nice portfolio of photos

Phil observed
On Jan 4, 6:53*am, Michael J Davis wrote:
[snip]
The fact is that, regardless of the tonal rendering, the compositions
are mostly...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 08, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 30
Posted By Michael J Davis
A nice portfolio of photos

Scott W observed

That they are works of art there is no question, but I don't view them
as photographs. To me a good photograph brings me to a place or event
just by...
Forum: Digital Photography October 23rd 07, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 43
Posted By Michael J Davis
Digital camera with GPS capability

John Blessing observed
"The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet"
wrote in message...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment October 23rd 07, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 40
Posted By Michael J Davis
Digital camera with GPS capability

John Blessing observed
"The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet"
wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 07, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Posted By Michael J Davis
Experiment with HDR Photography

"(not quite so) Fat Sam" observed
Michael J Davis wrote:
"(not quite so) Fat Sam" observed
Michael J Davis...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 07, 10:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Posted By Michael J Davis
Experiment with HDR Photography

"(not quite so) Fat Sam" observed
Michael J Davis wrote:

Yes, many of the HDR's I've seen are, frankly, awful!

I could go on about the shape of the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 07, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Posted By Michael J Davis
Experiment with HDR Photography

"(not quite so) Fat Sam" observed

However, if you want to get an HDR effect with a single Jpeg image, you
don't need to go to all this trouble playing with...
Forum: Digital Photography October 5th 07, 11:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 48
Posted By Michael J Davis
ceramic lens in digital cameras

Ken Parkes observed
On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 09:20:21 +0100, Michael J Davis wrote:
If glass is a liquid, lenses should lose their shape over time.

Large window...
Forum: Digital Photography October 3rd 07, 10:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 48
Posted By Michael J Davis
ceramic lens in digital cameras

Paul Friday observed
In message , Alfred
Molon writes
If glass is a liquid, lenses should lose...
Forum: Digital Photography October 1st 07, 09:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 48
Posted By Michael J Davis
ceramic lens in digital cameras

Rob Morley observed
In article , Alfred Molon
says...
In article...
Forum: Digital Photography September 24th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 14
Posted By Michael J Davis
Moon shot using Lumix FZ18

Fco observed
"Michael J Davis" escribió en el mensaje
Bob Williams ...
Forum: Digital Photography September 24th 07, 09:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 14
Posted By Michael J Davis
Moon shot using Lumix FZ18

Bob Williams observed
wrote:
I took this shot a few days ago. The original digital exif data were
F5.6, 1/320 sec, ISO100. Photo was taken at 7:00 PM...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment September 23rd 07, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Michael J Davis
Panasonic Lumix FZ18

observed

Went to the bush and took over 1000 shots. It performed well. I still
need to get used to take off the lens cover before turning on the
camera. The camera is light,...
Forum: Digital Photography September 23rd 07, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael J Davis
Panasonic Lumix FZ18

observed

Went to the bush and took over 1000 shots. It performed well. I still
need to get used to take off the lens cover before turning on the
camera. The camera is light,...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment September 16th 07, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Michael J Davis
Panasonic Lumix FZ18

observed

Perhaps this may be the common problem for FZ8, FZ18 and FZ50. Is
there any concern to turn on the camera when the lens cap is on?

Doesn't apply to FZ50 as the lens...
Forum: Digital Photography September 16th 07, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael J Davis
Panasonic Lumix FZ18

observed

Perhaps this may be the common problem for FZ8, FZ18 and FZ50. Is
there any concern to turn on the camera when the lens cap is on?

Doesn't apply to FZ50 as the lens...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment September 13th 07, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Michael J Davis
Panasonic Lumix FZ18

observed
I was about to grab a new FZ18 today. Unfortunately, they run out a
new one in the box and have to wait for a few days (they do not want
to sell the display one for a...
Forum: Digital Photography September 13th 07, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael J Davis
Panasonic Lumix FZ18

observed
I was about to grab a new FZ18 today. Unfortunately, they run out a
new one in the box and have to wait for a few days (they do not want
to sell the display one for a...
Forum: Digital Photography August 31st 07, 10:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Michael J Davis
Pixmania sucks, lies and doesn´t give your money back

Marty Fremen observed
Michael J Davis wrote:
However I have had to return a camera to purelygadgets.co.uk (not their
fault) and they replaced...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 71