Showing results 1 to 25 of 93
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Gilbert
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 07, 09:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Ezekiel 21:22

wrote in message
http://www.yourseoconsulting.com/blog/ At his right hand was the
divination for...
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 07, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Unusual Picture Sites

"javawizard" wrote
Hi Folks,
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good general-interest digital
picture sites that would be 'special' enough to add to www.odd-sites.com.
Your help is...
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 07, 10:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris Gilbert
does anyone know the name of this colorful volcano lake?

sobriquet wrote

A famous NGC picture, but I can't figure out the name of this lake:

Scroll down here ....

http://chem.northwestcollege.edu/blog/weblog.php

Looks like it's in yellowstone
Forum: Digital Photography October 4th 07, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Pentax should be ashamed

''...The Optio A40 - Pentax's first 12MP camera - features a mode
claimed to allow users to produce photographs to rival those
captured using a digital SLR..."

Which is an admission from the...
Forum: Digital Photography September 30th 07, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Digital Camera confusion

Dennis Pogson wrote

I would go for the Panasonic DMC-TZ2EB-S. It is available from quite a few
mail order suppliers on the Internet and has excellent reviews.

Great personal review for this...
Forum: Digital Photography September 28th 07, 11:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Just some pics...

Sosumi wrote

http://photos-of-portugal.com/Beegees.jpg

Very funny :-D But shouldn't one of them be wearing a hat ?

Chris
Forum: Digital Photography September 28th 07, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Why Is This Photo Blurry?

Pooua wrote

For some reason, just about all my photos, regardless of camera, are
blurry, especially night shots. I can't figure out what is causing it.
Here is a photo that I took yesterday,...
Forum: Digital Photography September 20th 07, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Gilbert
odd output for an epson 3000 nozzle check

cruzer wrote

http://onxy.2y.net/bad_epson_3000_nozzle_check_pattern.jpg

Looks like a serious clogging problem with at least the black nozzle.

Chris
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 07, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Wide angle lens as present

SMS wrote

It's a difference of about $230, not $340.

I was translating the UKP difference into a USD difference
to aid trans-atlantic understanding. I clearly failed :-D

I don't think there is...
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 07, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Wide angle lens as present

just bob wrote

I wish! I see about $200 difference, $700 compared to $500.

UKP roughly 280 for the Sigma and UKP 450 for the Canon

A difference of about USD 340 over here.

....and the guy...
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Wide angle lens as present

Asle Bjerva wrote

Or you could get the very good Canon EF-S 10-22 f:3.5-4.5 USM.

Sure, but twice the price.

Chris
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 07, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Wide angle lens as present

wrote

I was wondering whether I could get her a wider angle lens for
landscape pictures

Check out the Sigma 10-20, if it fits.

Chris
Forum: Digital Photography August 22nd 07, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Gilbert
TIP: shooting with your dominant eye

Cynicor wrote

I was actually thinking of a modification of this. My dogs don't stop
barking until I squirt them with a water bottle. Has anyone ever designed
a laser-guided squirt bottle? I...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 07, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris Gilbert
EOS 40d info leaked; Is it time to trade in the 20d ?

Clive wrote

If the specs on the link you posted are correct, then the 40D has a lot of
features the 20D doesn't.

The OP stated he wasn't a big photo buff, in which case his
original position...
Forum: Digital Photography August 18th 07, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris Gilbert
How do I take a long exposure AT a light source?

JP wrote

A long exposure directly at a light source. I saw one once where the
photographer actually captured the street lamp, with bugs flying around
it.
Simply amazing

You can do two...
Forum: Digital Photography August 17th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Cheap camera, good macro?

Dot Net Developer" wrote in message
Need cheap camera with good macro. Overall pic quality not all...
Forum: Digital Photography August 7th 07, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Chris Gilbert
not interested in digital photography anymore

Beladi Nasralla wrote
However, I
suspect that the novelty of the "new me" will wear off... I will get
back to the routine of my old life and will become the old miserable
self who lets the...
Forum: Digital Photography August 7th 07, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Chris Gilbert
not interested in digital photography anymore

Beladi Nasralla wrote

What is happening to me ? Doctor, will I ever lie my hands on the
digital camera again ?

You weren't interested in photogprahy. You were interested
in having a good time....
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Gilbert
IS THE BIBLE GOD'S WORDS!!!

Dave Cohen wrote

How come I'm seeing the replies with the original post quoted, but am not
getting the original post.

You are truly blessed.
Forum: Digital Photography August 4th 07, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Newbie asks how to focus on subject and blur background

wrote

I have a Canon S3 digital. I just want to take some portrait type
shots with the subject in focus and background fuzzy. I have looked
through the guidebook but...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 07, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Photo scanning service?

wrote

Any advise on services that can do this?

Me. Where are you and how much money have you got ;-)

Chris
Forum: Digital Photography July 17th 07, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris Gilbert
Micro Macro

~~NoMad~~ wrote

I'm looking for a small P&S camera that does real close-up macro
photography.

I have been impressed with the super macro capability of the
Fuji E5xx compacts.

Chris
Forum: Digital Photography July 11th 07, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Gilbert
focus ring

Jim Townsend

But when you twist the focus ring, there are numbers under
a little plastic window that move with the ring. This window
is on top of the lens just behind the focus ring.

I sit...
Forum: Digital Photography July 11th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Gilbert
focus ring

John Bean wrote

Ah, right... in that case I retract my comment ;-)

No worries, John. My answer was misleading
anyway. You're observation was quite correct
although I suspect the OP might not have...
Forum: Digital Photography July 11th 07, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Gilbert
focus ring

John Bean wrote

Erm... they would be on the zoom ring, not the focus ring. I
assume the markings on the focus ring are distances.

There's nothing on the focus ring. That's the trick.

Chris
Showing results 1 to 25 of 93