Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mr.T
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 10, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Doug McDonald" wrote in message
Surely the photographer should have the same control over his original
data
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 10, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Bruce" wrote in message
Welcome to Usenet! ;-)

Yeah if only, 20 years and counting! :-)

MrT.
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 10, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
Sure, but you can't tell that from the jpeg however. How did you print
it?

What is this...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 10, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
I've seen guys trying HDR for macro, but they soon give up. I
wouldn't have thought dynamic range...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 10, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Savageduck" wrote in message
Agreed. Inkjets for B&W have not provided me B&W prints I, or anybody
else
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 15th 10, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Savageduck" wrote in message
Agreed. Inkjets for B&W have not provided me B&W prints I, or anybody
else
Forum: Digital Photography October 14th 10, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
I didn't simply "remove the colour". I carefully selected colour
ranges/hues/channels etc to get...
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 10, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
And excellent results can be achieved with out firing up the enlarger
and mixing...
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 10, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Doug McDonald" wrote in message
I seriously doubt that. With enough pixels ... and we are getting up there
into 4x5 B&W...
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 10, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Savageduck" wrote in message
Certainly we don't have a digital Adams darkroom yet, and it is
difficult to...
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 10, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Bruce" wrote in message
I don't think he was comparing himself to Ansell Adams.

No, he wasn't. But I don't think...
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 10, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Allen" wrote in message
Goodbye.

Was there a point to your post?

MrT.
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 10, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"tony cooper" wrote in message
I have yet to see a photograph done in "HD" where I think the
treatment makes the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 10, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By Mr.T
some B&W landscape conversions

"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
* Mark McDougall wrote :

FWIW, B&W landscapes have never appealed to me. I can appreciate B&W
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 7th 09, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Replies: 22
Posted By Mr.T
(50 f/1.2L and 85 f/1.8) vs (50 f/1.4 and 85 f/1.2L)

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
The 60mm f/2.8 macro is also a good (and inexpensive) portrait lens. And
Troy
does a lot of macro...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 7th 09, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Replies: 28

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
The 60mm f/2.8 macro is also a good (and inexpensive) portrait lens. And
Troy
does a lot of macro...
Forum: Digital Photography November 20th 09, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 4
Posted By Mr.T
[review] "The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby

"Phred" wrote in message
In article , Better Info
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 3rd 09, 07:07 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 135
Posted By Mr.T
[SI] Special category: Kodachrome

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Yes, but I hate to see them discontinued, one by one.......Pretty soon,
there won't be any...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 09, 07:07 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By Mr.T
[SI] Special category: Kodachrome

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Yes, but I hate to see them discontinued, one by one.......Pretty soon,
there won't be any...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 3rd 09, 07:07 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By Mr.T
[SI] Special category: Kodachrome

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Yes, but I hate to see them discontinued, one by one.......Pretty soon,
there won't be any...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 29th 09, 03:37 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Mr.T
Canon's tips for semi-pros

"Robert Spanjaard" wrote in message
So, anyone switching off automatic modes is a semi-pro, _if_ you take it
out...
Forum: Digital Photography April 3rd 09, 03:27 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Mr.T
Color more difficult than B/W

"bugbear" wrote in message
In particular some scenes suit the old "high contrast" trick,
which looks...
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 09, 01:38 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 48
Posted By Mr.T
|AX| Faking and expensive tilt-shift lens

"k" wrote in message
and the nyquist limit?

Increases directly with increased bandwidth.

MrT.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 19th 09, 01:38 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 47

"k" wrote in message
and the nyquist limit?

Increases directly with increased bandwidth.

MrT.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 13th 09, 06:21 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Mr.T
Adobe gone crazy?

"John A." wrote in message
Ask any scientist. They'll tell you save the rounding for last to get
the most accurate...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125