Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sid[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography May 20th 17, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

Peer review will very quickly let you know if your doing
Forum: Digital Photography May 20th 17, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

Peer review will very quickly let you know if your doing
Forum: Digital Photography May 20th 17, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

Eric Stevens wrote:

So, let me get this straight, *you* can't tell which of my images have or
have not been processed on a colour calibrated monitor means that I don't
understand colour...
Forum: Digital Photography May 19th 17, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

just because you aren't interested in quality doesn't mean the rest of
the world isn't.

Plain old insults, shows you've got no real argument.

then it's a good...
Forum: Digital Photography May 19th 17, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

Consistent results are achieved by using the same equipment
Forum: Digital Photography May 18th 17, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

Consistent results are achieved by using the same equipment
consistently,...
Forum: Digital Photography May 18th 17, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Wed, 17 May 2017 21:29:53 +0100, sid wrote:

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
Forum: Digital Photography May 18th 17, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

Yes, if all you do is show family and vacation images. If you want
Forum: Digital Photography May 18th 17, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Wed, 17 May 2017 12:00:26 +0100, sid wrote:

nospam (and any one else) cannot see color differences when they only
see the end result. They...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 17, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

Yes, if all you do is show family and vacation images. If you want
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 17, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

Consistent results are achieved by using the same equipment consistently,
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 17, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

PeterN wrote:

On 5/17/2017 4:11 AM, sid wrote:
PeterN wrote:

On 5/16/2017 2:45 PM, sid wrote:
nospam wrote:

In article...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 17, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Wed, 17 May 2017 09:11:25 +0100, sid wrote:

PeterN wrote:

On 5/16/2017 2:45 PM, sid wrote:
nospam wrote:

In article...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 17, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 91
Posted By sid[_2_]
X-T2 @ Yosemite Today SOOC

Savageduck wrote:

I am spending the night here, so I will be shooting more in the
morning.

Whilst the detail contained within the shots is all good they are all a
bit...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 17, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Tue, 16 May 2017 19:45:22 +0100, sid wrote:

nospam wrote:

In article ,
newshound...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 17, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

PeterN wrote:

On 5/16/2017 2:45 PM, sid wrote:
nospam wrote:

In article ,
newshound ...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 17, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

Davoud wrote:

sid:
what, like this

https://flic.kr/p/UBp65Z

Not entirely shabby. But would it kill you to give your photos
meaningful titles on Flickr?...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 17, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

PeterN wrote:

On 5/16/2017 4:04 PM, sid wrote:
android wrote:

a properly calibrated display *does* make a difference. a very big
difference. in other words, such 'gadgets' are...
Forum: Digital Photography May 17th 17, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Tue, 16 May 2017 22:30:38 +0100, sid wrote:

nospam wrote:

Once again I invite you to cast your critical eye over my work and
Forum: Digital Photography May 16th 17, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

Once again I invite you to cast your critical eye over my work and
perhaps suggest which of the images you think would have been improved
with an accurately calibrated...
Forum: Digital Photography May 16th 17, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

I think that there is a tool in W10 for calibrating the display by
Forum: Digital Photography May 16th 17, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

android wrote:

a properly calibrated display *does* make a difference. a very big
difference. in other words, such 'gadgets' are *well* worth the price.

Accurate monitor...
Forum: Digital Photography May 16th 17, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By sid[_2_]
Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

In article ,
newshound wrote:

I think that there is a tool in W10 for calibrating the...
Forum: Digital Photography May 16th 17, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 91
Posted By sid[_2_]
X-T2 @ Yosemite Today SOOC

Savageduck wrote:

Whilst the detail contained within the shots is all good they are all a
bit underexposed and lack contrast. They are all greatly improved with
just a slight S curve...
Forum: Digital Photography May 16th 17, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 91
Posted By sid[_2_]
X-T2 @ Yosemite Today SOOC

Savageduck wrote:

I took a drive up to Yosemite today. Here are few shots SOOC, loaded into
my iPhone (I don't have my iPad or laptop with me) and then to Dropbox.
I did a little noodling...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125