Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 4.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Scott W
Forum: Digital Photography April 12th 08, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Scott W
INFRARED STEREOGRAMS LOVE THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60!

On Apr 11, 3:02*pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Inspired by Troy's latest stereogram I made this quick and dirty
infrared stereogram today. *I used my Super Scientific Method of
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 12th 08, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Scott W
INFRARED STEREOGRAMS LOVE THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60!

On Apr 11, 3:02*pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Inspired by Troy's latest stereogram I made this quick and dirty
infrared stereogram today. *I used my Super Scientific Method of
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 3rd 08, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 145
Posted By Scott W
The Final (again) Fate of the Shoot-In

On Apr 2, 1:05*pm, "jimkramer"
wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 21st 08, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Scott W
HD-DVD death blow - backup implications

On Feb 20, 2:02*pm, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
Previously on rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, Scott W said:

HD-DVD should have died before it came to market.

Why?

I never...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 20th 08, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Scott W
HD-DVD death blow - backup implications

On Feb 19, 1:16*pm, Alan Browne wrote:
I don't know when we'll be backing up on Blu-Ray (if ever), however,
with the all-but-dead state of HD-DVD, keep in mind that...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 20th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott W
{PHOTO} Something different - The Eel

On Feb 20, 2:32*am, Father McKenzie
wrote:
I was down at my favourite sunset spot tonight and walking on a small
concrete wall and noticed something orange moving...
Forum: Digital Photography February 13th 08, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Scott W
Setting Camera to Deliver Bitmap Pics

On Feb 12, 11:49*pm, "Mr. Smartypants"
wrote:
On Feb 12, 8:58*pm, John Navas wrote:

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:26:14 -0800 (PST), "Mr....
Forum: Digital Photography February 13th 08, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Scott W
Effects of Parallax ??

On Feb 12, 9:55*pm, "Drac" wrote:
Hi,
Just getting into some simple single-plane pano's - mostly 180deg landscapes
at the moment. Currently using a D80 on top of a tripod...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 3rd 08, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo
Replies: 58
Posted By Scott W
CRICKETS LOVE THE 40D!

On Feb 2, 6:10*pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Lucky dog.

Scott
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 1st 08, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 33
Posted By Scott W
Sony: 24.5 megapixel FF sensor announced

On Jan 31, 5:06*pm, Chris Malcolm wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
Philip Homburg wrote:
In article...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 1st 08, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 58
Posted By Scott W
New Sigma Turd

On Jan 31, 2:02*pm, "Peter Stavrakoglou" wrote:
A faster lens for a sensor of that size would require larger optics that
would no longer make the camera compact. *Oh, and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 31st 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 58
Posted By Scott W
New Sigma Turd

On Jan 31, 7:36*am, "Mr. Strat" wrote:
Sigma has announced a new P&S, designated the DP1, which claims to be
14 megapixels using their favored oddball Foveon...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 31st 08, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Scott W
Pixels are a pain...

On Jan 30, 4:27*pm, frederick wrote:
"Pixels are a pain. Do you know that I own a $5,000 D3, and usually
shoot it set down to 6MP, not its native 12 MP?"

Ken Rockwell, January...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 08, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By Scott W
25 MP sensor of Sony

On Jan 30, 11:08*am, Alfred Molon wrote:
http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_room/corporate_news/release/33192.html

What lens would you need for a beast like this?...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 08, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 45
Posted By Scott W
Why new cameras does not have optical viewfinders?

On Jan 30, 7:06*am, "Mr. Strat" wrote:
In article , David J
Taylor...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 30th 08, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 33
Posted By Scott W
Sony: 24.5 megapixel FF sensor announced

On Jan 30, 5:21*am, RichA wrote:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08013001sony35mmcmossensor.asp

It is nice to see more full frame sensors on the way.

Scott
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 29th 08, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By Scott W
Megapixel war just beginning with DSLRs

On Jan 29, 7:39*am, Paul Furman wrote:
Scott W wrote:
acl wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:

I wonder what the '35mm equivalent f/stop' of a stitched pano would be?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 29th 08, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On Jan 29, 2:29*am, acl wrote:
On Jan 29, 8:44 am, Paul Furman wrote:

I wonder what the '35mm equivalent f/stop' of a stitched pano...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 08, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital, rec.sport.golf
Replies: 24
Posted By Scott W
The dude in the bunker - leave him alone?

On Jan 26, 7:50*am, Ben wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/image/92141776

See the guy in the red shirt obscured by the flowers in the bottom
left bunker? *Leave him in or work...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 26th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 32
Posted By Scott W
Nikon D100 vs 4x5 field camera side-by-side enlargement

On Jan 24, 12:38 pm, "Max Perl" wrote:
"Scott W" skrev i en ...
On...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 24th 08, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 32
Posted By Scott W
Nikon D100 vs 4x5 field camera side-by-side enlargement

On Jan 22, 11:07*am, "Max Perl" wrote:
"JimKramer" skrev i en ...
On...
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 08, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 63
Posted By Scott W
Leftover thriftiness from you film days?

On Jan 23, 7:21*am, John Navas wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:41:30 -0600, Ron Hunter
wrote in...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 23rd 08, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 37
Posted By Scott W
Is Film Going Away? by Ken Rockwell

On Jan 22, 7:14*pm, "William Graham" wrote:

*I spent my entire life as an electronics technician fixing
electrical/physical devices, and the first thing I always did was to...
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 08, 07:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 63
Posted By Scott W
Leftover thriftiness from you film days?

On Jan 21, 9:00*pm, "jean" wrote:
I like to do wide angle shots like this one.http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/91972678/original
Sort of give a feel for the whole area at...
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 08, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 63
Posted By Scott W
Leftover thriftiness from you film days?

On Jan 21, 4:11*pm, Gary Edstrom wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:38:09 -0800, "Juan Moore Beer"

wrote:
Do you take more pictures than you would...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125