Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TheDaveŠ
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 1st 07, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By TheDaveŠ
Leica Camera back in the black!

Annika1980 wrote:
On Nov 30, 11:39 am, TheDave(c) wrote:

Oh yeah, 15-20 years ago high-end audio was my big hobby, and in the
more snobby elite circles tube CD players...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 1st 07, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By TheDaveŠ
Leica Camera back in the black!

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Dr Hfuhruhurr" wrote
On 30 Nov, 07:05, "TheDave(c)" wrote:
Digital rangefinders... sounds like the equivalent of...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 1st 07, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Dr Hfuhruhurr" wrote
On 30 Nov, 07:05, "TheDave(c)" wrote:
Digital rangefinders... sounds like the equivalent of...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 30th 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:
On 30 Nov, 07:05, "TheDave(c)" wrote:
The strong sales growth of digital
compact cameras and the success of the digital rangefinder camera
M8...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 30th 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:
On 30 Nov, 07:05, "TheDave(c)" wrote:
The strong sales growth of digital
compact cameras and the success of the digital rangefinder camera
M8...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 30th 07, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By TheDaveŠ
Leica Camera back in the black!

The strong sales growth of digital
compact cameras and the success of the digital rangefinder camera M8
are clearly in evidence here.

Digital rangefinders... sounds like the equivalent of...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 30th 07, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By TheDaveŠ
Leica Camera back in the black!

The strong sales growth of digital
compact cameras and the success of the digital rangefinder camera M8
are clearly in evidence here.

Digital rangefinders... sounds like the equivalent of...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 28th 07, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 47
Posted By TheDaveŠ
EBAY question for Rita

Annika1980 wrote:
On Nov 28, 2:03 pm, Eric Miller
wrote:
I thought that
no tax was owed on gifts and treasure troves and such by the
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 28th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 47
Posted By TheDaveŠ
EBAY question for Rita

Advocate54 wrote:
Not necessarily true. If you find a rare beer can in you attic and
sell it on eBay for $20,000 you will have to claim this and pay
taxes even if this is the first...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 28th 07, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By TheDaveŠ
Wideangle Closeup

Paul Furman wrote:
A unique perspective using a 16mm fisheye on APS digital, unmounted,
tilted & removed a bit from the mount for an 'extension tube'
closeup: ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 28th 07, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By TheDaveŠ
Wideangle Closeup

Paul Furman wrote:
A unique perspective using a 16mm fisheye on APS digital, unmounted,
tilted & removed a bit from the mount for an 'extension tube'
closeup: ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 27th 07, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 21
Posted By TheDaveŠ
Does your family save digital shots?

Walter Banks wrote:
Walter Banks wrote:
One of the drug stores here was selling packaged relatively small
"Digital Film" for 32,64, 120 pictures in Compact Flash or SD.
What...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 26th 07, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Walter Banks wrote:
One of the drug stores here was selling packaged relatively small
"Digital Film" for 32,64, 120 pictures in Compact Flash or SD. What
they were selling was small memory...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 26th 07, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 21
Posted By TheDaveŠ
Does your family save digital shots?

Ric Trexell wrote:
I will admit I am a film photographer and although I have a digital
scanner and a video digital picture maker, I will always be a film
photog. I know digital is equal to...
Forum: Digital Photography November 25th 07, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
Posted By TheDaveŠ
BYE-BYE FJ CRUISER !

Annika1980 wrote:
Hello Nissan Altima!
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/89455194

Traded the FJ Cruiser in on this beauty yesterday. Even got some cash
in pocket to boot.

Nice. Very...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 25th 07, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
Posted By TheDaveŠ
BYE-BYE FJ CRUISER !

Annika1980 wrote:
Hello Nissan Altima!
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/89455194

Traded the FJ Cruiser in on this beauty yesterday. Even got some cash
in pocket to boot.

Nice. Very...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 20th 07, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By TheDaveŠ
(November, 19th) Some flowers

Daniel Rocha wrote:
Hello,

A new picture at

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Regards,

Very nice. Was this a candid shot or was the person aware you were
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 20th 07, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 10
Posted By TheDaveŠ
- Early Mandate - Autumn

wrote:
Think how they feel in the southern hemisphere... :-)

Precisely what I was about to comment on.

If you are going to limit shootin...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 9th 07, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 12
Posted By TheDaveŠ
Night Football

Annika1980 wrote:
On Nov 8, 10:39 pm, Bob AZ wrote:

Shoot in Shutter Preferred, Tv, so you are not trying to salvage
lots of blurring on the computer when...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 9th 07, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 12
Posted By TheDaveŠ
Night Football

Eric Miller wrote:
I will be shooting my nephew's football game in Nashville on
Saturday. It starts at 5:30 p.m. I am afraid I am a bit ill-equipped.
I have a 400 5.6 lens with my Canon 5D. I...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 5th 07, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 22
Posted By TheDaveŠ
When selling a lens on eBay...

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
TheDaveŠ wrote:
Oh, for Christ's sake Bob! If a seller has nothing to hide there
is absolutely nothing to worry about when revealing the full
serial...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 5th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 22
Posted By TheDaveŠ
When selling a lens on eBay...

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Oh, for Christ's sake Bob! If a seller has nothing to hide there is
absolutely nothing to worry about when revealing the full serial
number. The bottom line is if a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 2nd 07, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 22
Posted By TheDaveŠ
When selling a lens on eBay...

On 2007-11-01 19:51:58 -0700, =?iso-8859-1?Q?TheDave=A9?=
said:

...and a potential bidder e-mails and asks for the serial
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 2nd 07, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 22
Posted By TheDaveŠ
When selling a lens on eBay...

....and a potential bidder e-mails and asks for the serial number... is
there a legitimate reason for this, or am I just being paranoid that he
may be trying to pull some sort of scam?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125