This seems to be missing from the newer Photos app. I've looked in the
help section, which apart from being inexplicably slow to use, shows
screenshots from a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 30th 12, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By D.M. Procida
Camera repair tools

Savageduck wrote:

On 2012-12-29 15:50:08 -0800, Robert Coe said:

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 20:06:01 +0000,
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 31st 12, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By D.M. Procida
Camera repair tools

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/basic_tool_kit.jpg looks like a good
start. Is anything very obvious missing?

How much torque can those lens spanners (weirdly labelled "real spanner"
in the picture)...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 20th 12, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By D.M. Procida
What is Kodak 200-8 film?

Alan Browne wrote:

On 2012.09.16 04:48 , D.M. Procida wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

On 2012.09.15 16:01 , D.M....
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 16th 12, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By D.M. Procida
What is Kodak 200-8 film?

Alan Browne wrote:

On 2012.09.15 16:01 , D.M. Procida wrote:
I have some negatives; I thought they were shot on Kodak Gold, but the
negatives say "Kodak...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 15th 12, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By D.M. Procida
What is Kodak 200-8 film?

Alan Browne wrote:

On 2012.09.15 16:01 , D.M. Procida wrote:
I have some negatives; I thought they were shot on Kodak Gold, but the
negatives say "Kodak...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 15th 12, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By D.M. Procida
What is Kodak 200-8 film?

I have some negatives; I thought they were shot on Kodak Gold, but the
negatives say "Kodak 200-8", and it could be ColorPlus.

Anyway, I'd like to find the best negative profile for VueScan;...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 4th 12, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By D.M. Procida
Pentax MX 35 seals

I'm putting new seals on a Pentax MX.

Unfortunately, the kit I have isn't very clear about where some of these
seals go, and I haven't found a good guide elsewhere to where seals
should be on this...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 27th 10, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 31
Posted By D.M. Procida
HDR photography without the eerie look?

Alan Browne wrote:

There is a first chapter of an HDR course on DPR.

I panned it rapidly, the first thing I noticed was none of that eerie /
surreal look...
Forum: Digital Photography December 17th 10, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By D.M. Procida
Snapfish's ICC profile(s)

I got in touch with Snapfish support today, to ask if they could give me
an ICC profile. The support person took a long time tto come back and
said that he'd passed the question up the support ladder...
Forum: Digital Photography April 15th 10, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By D.M. Procida
Snapfish skin tones

I've just had some photos back from Snapfish (in the UK), and I'm quite
disappointed with the colour rendition.

In most of the pictures - which were taken with three different cameras
of different...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 10, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By D.M. Procida
The sky with lines

I'm trying to print out an image.

The lighter parts of the sky have an irritating series of darker lines
across them; the lines match the path of the print head across...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 30th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By D.M. Procida
New photo printer

D.M. Procida wrote:

Is it worth trying to find something that uses pigment-based inks?

Definitely. For permanent colour, pigment is...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 30th 07, 09:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By D.M. Procida
New photo printer

Boskey wrote:

If an all-in-one is what you're looking for, the Pixma MP970 will disappoint
you. The Pixma MP600 is a better buy and delivers great dye-based 4x6
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 30th 07, 09:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By D.M. Procida
New photo printer

Andrew Haley wrote:

I want to replace my old HP PhotoSmart 7150 with something smaller,
neater, a built-in scanner, and very importantly, better output.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 29th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By D.M. Procida
New photo printer

I want to replace my old HP PhotoSmart 7150 with something smaller,
neater, a built-in scanner, and very importantly, better output.

The PhotoSmart's OK, but not brilliant.

The model I was...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 22nd 07, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By D.M. Procida
Sound and other triggers

Dave wrote:

I'd like to try taking photographs of such things as drops of water, or
exploding balloons.

What would you use to capture this with a digital SLR...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 22nd 07, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By D.M. Procida
Pentax k100d body, but which lens?

Stilgar[bbs.iscabbs.com] wrote:

Several people have told me just to buy the kit with the 18-55mm lens,
but I always thought that the lenses in the kits aren't the best
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 21st 07, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 5
Posted By D.M. Procida
Sound and other triggers

I'd like to try taking photographs of such things as drops of water, or
exploding balloons.

What would you use to capture this with a digital SLR (in my case, a
Pentax K100)?

Thanks,

Daniele
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 2nd 07, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By D.M. Procida
White balance

And just to be clear: are you saying that a raw image shot with wildly
incorrect white balance, and one shot with...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 2nd 07, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By D.M. Procida
White balance

Dave wrote:

Is white balance information used to determine the way a (raw) image is
displayed, or is it used to cause the sensor to record the information
differently...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 2nd 07, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By D.M. Procida
White balance

Is white balance information used to determine the way a (raw) image is
displayed, or is it used to cause the sensor to record the information
differently in the first place?

Daniele
Forum: Digital Photography September 2nd 07, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 48
Posted By D.M. Procida
Compression in JPEG files in digital cameras

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

JPEG is a lossy form of saving the picture -

The Bayer sensor is already lossy, having only one of RGGB at
any of four pixel locations, so...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 15th 07, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 18
Posted By D.M. Procida
Repairing a Pentax 50mm A lens (was: Pentax 50mm A lens)

D.M. Procida wrote:

Just got one of these from someone on eBay. Is it correct that to move
the aperture ring beyond f11 requires depression...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 12th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 33
Posted By D.M. Procida
Thouoght I'd share some pictures

John McWilliams wrote:

Why don't you be specific the first time around, next time? "Few people
care about length of sig lines" Is 100 percent true.

But the...