Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bogdan Karasek
Forum: In The Darkroom August 24th 08, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Foma Reversal film in 120?

Hello,

I would certainly be interested in developing Efke 25 4x5 as a positive.
Then I could print to get the effect that I would normally get only on
a 4x5 neg. It would save me a lot of time...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment April 29th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 1
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Flektogon 50 vs Mir 45 for P-6

Hi all,

Has anybody done a comparison of these two lenses? How do they compare?
Is one better than the other?

Any positive and/or negative comments welcome.

Cheers,
Bogdan
--
Forum: In The Darkroom March 15th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 26

HI,

I've been using Paterson reels for about 10 years now. The film gets
stuck occasionally, maybe a doz times in ten years. Those I mark and
put aside. The usual cause of jamming is because...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 10th 08, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Rollei ATP film..... Technidol

Hi,

A question about a statement below: "Develop one in Technidol.....".

That implies that Technidol is still available??? Is it??? I'd like to
get some. I was informed somewhere along the line...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 10th 08, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 10
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Usage of fiberglasss print drying rack VS blotting rolls

Hi all,

Richard, Thank you for a very lucid explanation of how paper dries?

I've used screens, face up. From my neighbour who is closing his
darkroom because he is returning to Switzerland, I...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 26th 08, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 13
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
The right darkroom book?

jjs wrote:

"Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message

AAvK wrote:

[...]

Photographic principles have not changed much since...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment November 30th 07, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Rolleicord Va - I got it back 11-19-07

November 19, 2007

Bogdan

Alan Browne wrote:

What is 11-19-07?

Bogdan Karasek wrote:
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment November 29th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Rolleicord Va - I got it back 11-19-07

Hi AAvk,

Could you give me the co-ordinates for this person. I have a Rollei
that is working fine, speeds are OK but I find everything about it
sluggish, as if all the moving parts, levers,...
Forum: In The Darkroom November 16th 07, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 29
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Thanks to everyone...Follow up Question...

Oooops:

That should be "are NOT stuck together" hmmmmm????? Freudian slip ????

Cheers, bogdan

Bogdan Karasek wrote:

Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment November 16th 07, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 28
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Thanks to everyone...Follow up Question...

Oooops:

That should be "are NOT stuck together" hmmmmm????? Freudian slip ????

Cheers, bogdan

Bogdan Karasek wrote:

Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment November 16th 07, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 28
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Thanks to everyone...Follow up Question...

pico wrote:

snip

What format are you using? 4x5? I do 4x5 to 8x10 using stand
development with Rodinal 1:100. I use trays, 11x14, when in the
developer, after a 2 minute water bath, I give...
Forum: In The Darkroom November 16th 07, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.large-format

pico wrote:

snip

What format are you using? 4x5? I do 4x5 to 8x10 using stand
development with Rodinal 1:100. I use trays, 11x14, when in the
developer, after a 2 minute water bath, I give...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment September 30th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 8
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
rangefinder adjustment..."vintage question"

Hi Dave,

Somewhere in the back you'll see a little knob or screw like thing with
a slot in it. The slot is for a thin flat head screwdriver to turn the
screw and calibrate the RF. Focus on your...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 21st 07, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 15
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
102 Print Developer

Hi,

Lloyd Erlick wrote:

snip

By the way, a very interesting print
development agent is para amino phenol, as in
Rodinal.
Forum: In The Darkroom August 16th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Ansel Adams exhibit

Hi,

I saw the exhibit when it was the Art Gallery of Ontario last winter.
It is well worth the trip. It is mind boggling to see "Half Dome",
Canyon del Chelly" or "Moon Rise over Hernandez" in...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 31st 07, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 41
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Paterson Reels, was Stand development - Uneven

Hi,

Maybe the thread has become overextended but to use language like "utter
newbie crap" tells us that you don't know what you are talking about;
many people have reported utter satisfaction...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 26th 07, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 41
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Paterson Reels, was Stand development - Uneven

Hi,

I'm curious as to why there is this negative prejudice towards Paterson
plastic reels. I've been using them for 10 years, about 10-15 reels a
week on average, and except for a half dozen...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 11th 07, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Absurd Darkroom Challange

Hi,

What's the point? Comparing apples and oranges again??????

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
It is claimed one can make an IJ print that can't be
told from a SG print.

Challenge:
Forum: In The Darkroom July 3rd 07, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 9
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Filtration

Hi,

I don't know that starting with Forte paper is such a good idea. The
plant has been shut down since February and there is no more Forte paper
being made, unless the paper has been...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 3rd 07, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 35
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Darkening on the endge of the neg - 120

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

The Paterson tank isn't made for inversion agitation with a 120 reel
in it though you could try it.

Hi,

For the past 10 years or so, I've been using Paterson...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 15th 07, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 3
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Camera book on sale

Hi,

The URL listed below works for me also. The previos had typos in it.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Rob Morley wrote:

In article , Bogdan Karasek
Forum: In The Darkroom June 15th 07, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 3
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Camera book on sale

Hi Malin,

Cannot access the site. Tried making the corrections but still won't work.

Could you please relist the site. Thanks.

Cheers,
Bogdan

wrote:
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment May 30th 07, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 124
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
B&H puts another local camera store out of business (with myhelp, unfortunately)

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:

Michael wrote:

Having been born and raised in Bellingham and returning there for 6
years before moving to Texas, I have always found most Canucks to be
gracious...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment May 30th 07, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 124
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
B&H puts another local camera store out of business (with myhelp, unfortunately)

Hi there,

With rude language and an attitude like that, no wonder the rest of the
world hates Americans. Fortunately, not all USians are like you, but
you are the Ugly American that stays in...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 14th 07, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 10
Posted By Bogdan Karasek
Precision Enlarger Alignment

Hi,

Now that's a double WOW WOW!. Really cool. remember students doing
these when we got our first Apple computers at school back at the dawn
of time :)

Cheers,
Bogdan

David Nebenzahl wrote: