Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 1.82 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom[_11_]
Forum: Digital Photography July 4th 08, 12:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Tom[_11_]
How do you hide the fact you fixed blemishes and wrinkles on women?

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 15:29:27 -0400, Duddits wrote:

PhotoFiltre http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm
Filter--Sharpen--Reinforce

Combining your recommendation with the prior ones, is this...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 08, 11:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Tom[_11_]
How do you hide the fact you fixed blemishes and wrinkles on women?

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:09:05 GMT, Tim wrote:

No, they're not even all that closely related. Blur works on everything, a
good sharpening algorithm works only on the edges within the image.

Hi...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 08, 11:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Tom[_11_]
How do you hide the fact you fixed blemishes and wrinkles on women?

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:09:05 GMT, Tim wrote:

Always edit the original, save in a lossless format while editing.
TIF, PNG, BMP
resizing, possibly sharpening and saving in the JPG format
with...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 08, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Tom[_11_]
How do you hide the fact you fixed blemishes and wrinkles on women?

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 08:43:48 -0700, Frank ess wrote:

save an original, blow the copy up to 2x or 4x
size, do your camouflage, and resample it to sending size, and with a
final subtle...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 08, 04:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:16:34 -0500, M.L. wrote:

How do you hide the fact you fixed blemishes and wrinkles on women?

Vicman's Photo Toolkit has excellent blemish removal and correction
tools...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 08, 03:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Tom[_11_]
How do you hide the fact you fixed blemishes and wrinkles on women?

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 08:34:48 -0500, Caesar Romano wrote:
My problem is sometimes the touchup is visible because it's just "too
smooth" so what I do to hide the fact is I run a series of...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 08, 10:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Tom[_11_]
How do you hide the fact you fixed blemishes and wrinkles on women?

How do you hide the fact you fixed blemishes and wrinkles on women?

I get credit for "taking good pictures" because, unbeknownst to the female
recipients, before sending office-taken photos to them,...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 08, 12:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 00:04:55 +0100, David Catterall wrote:

Let the "Open with" submenu go its own sweet way! One small change to the
above points the way to a great right-click Menu for the...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 08, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:35:37 -0700, Tom wrote:

s there a keyword to get to the real
"Open With" JPG sub menu?

I also tried "OpenWithList" which I got from the windows registry...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 08, 11:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:33:12 -0700, Tom wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 23:01:51 +0100, David Catterall wrote:
"Folder Options" found under "Tools" in the top menu of Explorer.
Highlight "JPEG...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 08, 11:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 23:01:51 +0100, David Catterall wrote:
"Folder Options" found under "Tools" in the top menu of Explorer.
Highlight "JPEG Image" which can be edited with the button marked...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 08, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 5
Posted By Tom[_11_]
How can I add or remove items in the Windows JPEG open-with context menu?

What is the procedure to ADD an additional item to the WinXP Home SP2 JPEG
photo thumbnail view right-click menu, openwith submenu?

When I open a Windows explorer window in my JPEG photo directory,...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 08, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 19:47:48 +0100, David Catterall wrote:

Is there a way to manually add a new context menu item to the right click
on a JPEG?

What did you dislike about the third tab in...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 08, 06:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:37:29 -0400, tony cooper wrote:

If no one here can help you, that's a pretty good indication that you
have not clearly stated the problem and what you want to...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 08, 06:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:37:29 -0400, tony cooper wrote:

I can't think of any reason that you'd ever need to have more than
one or two ways to open a .jpg

I use mainly these freeware digital...
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 08, 03:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 01:36:55 -0400, tony cooper wrote:

Why are you talking about "right clicking"?
Because I'm trying to ADD programs to the openwith list.

when you *double click* on the...
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 08, 04:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:00:44 -0400, tony cooper wrote:

You never want to "kick out" Windows-installed a program by deleting
it. You don't know what that program is linked to. Just change the
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 08, 04:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:17:46 -0700, Paul Furman wrote:
That's the whole point. Apparently we only get four (4) slots for programs
in the short list of the Windows JPEG context menu.

I've...
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 08, 04:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
WinPix&FaxViewer

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:57:32 -0400, Lord Possum wrote:
Dunno what you did, but SHIMGVW.DLL is used ONLY for viewing images and
fax images. Removing it, or disabling it as originally written...
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 08, 11:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:09:42 -0400, Lord Possum wrote:

You get get rid of the pesky default Win Pix & Fax View by entering
the following on a RUN Command Line, then return:
regsvr32 /u...
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:05:27 -0400, tony cooper wrote:
You don't delete Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. You merely choose
another program to automatically open .jpg files. WP&FV is the
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 08, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:04:47 -0700, Tom wrote:

That leaves two questions:
How can I add FastoneFX freeware to the JPG context menu to replace
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer?
Can we change...
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:57:03 -0700, Tom wrote:

Two questions:
What does Windows use to view thumbnails? (Windows Picture & Fax Viewer???)
How should I have added FastoneFX to the JPG context...
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 08, 06:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:53:55 -0700, Tom wrote:

Does anyone know what program is used to view WinXp thumbnails by default?
('cuz mine is gone)

How do we replace "Windows Picture and Fax...
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 08, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom[_11_]
Viewing WinXP thumbnails in something other than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ('cuz it's gone)

Does anyone know what program is used to view WinXp thumbnails by default?
('cuz mine is gone)

I think I did get rid of Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, but, now I can't
see thumbnails in Windows XP!...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 48