Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gino[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography September 14th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Gino[_2_]
hiding jpeg data

Save for web?

"steve" wrote in message
I want to email some jpegs to a friend but don't want all the info about
the camera,...
Forum: Digital Photography September 14th 07, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Canon 40D vs Nikon D300 Comparison

To be honest, the lenses I am using suit my needs, however they may not be
for you, depending on what you want to shoot and budget.

Lens choice is pretty unique to the individual photographer,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 13th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Gino[_2_]
What caused this messed up camera?

Shutter speed whilst panning up or down you numpty!

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Nikon coolpix 5700
This was...
Forum: Digital Photography September 13th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Gino[_2_]
What caused this messed up camera?

Shutter speed whilst panning up or down you numpty!

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Nikon coolpix 5700
This was...
Forum: Digital Photography September 13th 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Canon 40D vs Nikon D300 Comparison

Basically, you won't go wrong with either Nikon or Canon as they are both
great products. Remember you are just comparing bodies. If you are not
already committed to certain brand accessories,...
Forum: Digital Photography September 12th 07, 08:21 PM Posted to aus.photo,fr.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Gino[_2_]
You can with a Nikon, not with a Canon ;-))

I guess that you haven't heard of fp or high speed sync?

Would be interesting to know the hit rate using your method. My guess is
that it's not too reliable.

"Sosumi" wrote in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 11th 07, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Renting Lenses

What country?

BRH wrote in message ...
I've seen a number of posts alluding to renting lenses for your DSLR.

Do most camera stores rent...
Forum: Digital Photography September 11th 07, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Converting DNG to RAW

What's the file size of a DNG with embedded info compared to the original
raw file?

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography September 10th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Flash vs. Ambient light...

Have a read through here. Fantastic article is you are using Canon.
http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/

"David" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 9th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Canon 40d question..

Maybe it's not so much about picture quality, but a body that allows you
more functions to get the picture you want?

Maybe you should look at your lens choice instead.

"the_niner_nation"...
Forum: Digital Photography September 9th 07, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Got my Canon 40D - cant use it in my workflow (doh)

Mmm. Me too, although I admit I still love the 20D, as I still get the
shots I want. I'm on the fence at the moment, although the big LCD is
tempting and also the bigger burst for the rare...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 07, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Canon 40D Files and Photoshop CS2

Cheers for your reply.

I am not shooting the messenger, but this sounds like a ploy by Adobe to
either sell more software, or to force people to use Adobe DNG format if
they want to shoot in RAW? ...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Canon 40D Files and Photoshop CS2

Sorry, forgot to mention in my post the following statement from the Adobe
site:
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

"Camera Raw 4.0 and greater is not compatible with Photoshop...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 07, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Canon 40D Files and Photoshop CS2

Just out interest, will Canon 40D RAW files open with Adobe Photoshop CS2?
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 07, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Got my Canon 40D - cant use it in my workflow (doh)

Annika,

You tempted by the 40D?

"Annika1980" wrote in message

Dude, what you need is a perfectly LR/ACR -...
Forum: Digital Photography September 6th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Autofocus problems with the 17-55mm f2.8 IS lens used with the Rebel XT (EOS 350D)

In the Canon software that came with the camera, does it show the focus
point that was used for the focus (obviously this will be a bit irrelevant
if you focused and then recomposed before taking...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 6th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Autofocus problems with the 17-55mm f2.8 IS lens used with the Rebel XT (EOS 350D)

In the Canon software that came with the camera, does it show the focus
point that was used for the focus (obviously this will be a bit irrelevant
if you focused and then recomposed before taking...
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 07, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Gino[_2_]
1.4 billion pixel camera

I don't have a dust problem on my 20D and never have. Not sure where you
are coming from.

"DustBunny" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 4th 07, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Gino[_2_]
external flash for my Canon 350D

420EX

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi again all

Just started to think about Christmas. Father Christmas was good to me
Forum: Digital Photography August 23rd 07, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Gino[_2_]
My Cat!!

Na. The other cat just farted.

"Smack" wrote in message
Rate my cat on fire!!

Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 07, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Gino[_2_]
dip how much difference does this make?

I haven't used Canon printers, however I have used HP and Epson.

I didn't plan to change from Epson to HP, but Dell had no stock of Epson's
at the time so I went for a HP Photosmart. I haven't...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 21st 07, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Canon's gaping system holes STILL exist

I hope Canon don't make the 50D full frame!

"David J. Littleboy" wrote in message

And there will either be a new 5D...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 07, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Gino[_2_]
Getting a focal length of between 500 and 2000 mm for a digital camera?

'You can catch a bird if you put salt on its tail'. Not heard that
expression in a while, however for me it used to be 'You can catch a fox if
you put salt on its tail'. ;-)

One problem with...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 20th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Gino[_2_]
New Canon SLR Products

Canon EOS 40D preview:
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canoneos40d/

Canon EOS-Ads Mark III preview:
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canoneos1dsmarkiii/

Canon EF 14 mm F2.8 L II USM...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems