Showing results 1 to 25 of 66
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: daveFaktor
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 22nd 09, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By daveFaktor
Canon 5DII moisture related failures

nospam wrote:
In article , Doug McDonald
wrote:

You and .... how many pros? Hmmm .... I sure lee lots of
white lenses. Does...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 22nd 09, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By daveFaktor
Canon 5DII moisture related failures

Doug McDonald wrote:
daveFaktor wrote:

I'm not defending Canon. I think their cameras are crap.

You and .... how many pros? Hmmm .... I sure lee lots of
white lenses. Does Nikon...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 22nd 09, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By daveFaktor
Canon 5DII moisture related failures

John McWilliams wrote:
daveFaktor wrote:
Why ruin it by taking a cheap camera known for it's problems rather
than it's strengths?

That'd be "its problems" and "its strengths". Remember...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 21st 09, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By daveFaktor
Canon 5DII moisture related failures

Bowser wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
1/4 of the 5DII's had intermittent or permanent...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 21st 09, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 206
Posted By daveFaktor
Boycott Panasonic cameras - forced proprietary battery use infirmware

Charles E Hardwidge wrote:

I'm taking a balanced view, and that was really the point behind my comment
so there's no violent disagreement here.

I've stopped watching broadcast TV, don't...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 09, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 220

Charles E Hardwidge wrote:

I'm taking a balanced view, and that was really the point behind my comment
so there's no violent disagreement here.

I've stopped watching broadcast TV, don't...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 21st 09, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 80
Posted By daveFaktor
Yet another "stolen" photo

Paul Furman wrote:
Bill Graham wrote:

"Eric Miller" wrote in message
The following is a link to...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 20th 09, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 80
Posted By daveFaktor
Yet another "stolen" photo

Robert Coe wrote:

I'm sorry to still be so clueless when I've been in these newsgroups so long.
But the names keep changing, and it's devilish hard to keep up.

Bob

That's half the fun...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 20th 09, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 80
Posted By daveFaktor
UPDATE - Yet another "stolen" photo

Eric Miller wrote:
Joe Makowiec wrote:
On 19 Jun 2009 in rec.photo.equipment.35mm, Eric Miller wrote:

I tried to do that as well, again with .htaccess, but it didn't work.

I may...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 20th 09, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 206
Posted By daveFaktor
Boycott Panasonic cameras - forced proprietary battery use infirmware

Alan Browne wrote:
Panasonic issues 'battery safety' firmware

Panasonic has released firmware updates for its latest digital cameras
including the GH1, G1, ZS3 and TS1. The new firmware can...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 09, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography

Alan Browne wrote:
Panasonic issues 'battery safety' firmware

Panasonic has released firmware updates for its latest digital cameras
including the GH1, G1, ZS3 and TS1. The new firmware can...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 20th 09, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By daveFaktor
Protecting your photographs from TAMELIFE photographers

Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 19, 6:20 pm, daveFaktor wrote:
This information is applicable only in the United States of America.

If a website or blog that has published...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 19th 09, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By daveFaktor
Protecting your photographs via DMCA

This information is applicable only in the United States of America.

If a website or blog that has published your photographs without your
permission, you can have them removed almost instantly and...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 19th 09, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 16
Posted By daveFaktor
Constructive Criticism

Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 19, 7:02 am, Noons wrote:
recall how D-Mac jumped all up in my **** for taking my osprey pics on
the lake, which was part of a Wildlife...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 19th 09, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 16
Posted By daveFaktor
Constructive Criticism

The Henchman wrote:
"Atheist Chaplain" wrote in message
"daveFaktor" wrote in message
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 19th 09, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By daveFaktor
RARE BIRDS LOVE THE FAB 5D2!

Alan Browne wrote:
On 18-06-09 12:16, Annika1980 wrote:
We have a rare visitor in our fair city over by the dam.
It is a white morph of the Great Blue Heron, also knowm as the Great
White...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 19th 09, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 80
Posted By daveFaktor
That Photo is not stolen

Eric Miller wrote:
The following is a link to one of my photos posted on another website
without permission.

Forum: Digital Photography June 19th 09, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By daveFaktor
Paper recommendations for an Epson 3800

Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:09:00 -0700, John Navas
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:18:03 +1000, daveFaktor
wrote in...
Forum: Digital Photography June 19th 09, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By daveFaktor
HDR programs

DanP wrote:
On Jun 18, 12:59 pm, ransley wrote:
At Dp review where people submit photos for contest, I see many people
have used Photomatrix HDR, is this one of the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 18th 09, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By daveFaktor
RARE BIRDS LOVE THE FAB 5D2!

Annika1980 wrote:
We have a rare visitor in our fair city over by the dam.
It is a white morph of the Great Blue Heron, also knowm as the Great
White Heron. These are common in Florida, but the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 18th 09, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By daveFaktor
AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

Drew Lawson wrote:
In article
writes:
motzarella just sent an email out to it's users. They're
changing their servers over to...
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 09, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By daveFaktor
HDR programs

ransley wrote:
At Dp review where people submit photos for contest, I see many people
have used Photomatrix HDR, is this one of the best- easiest to use,
programs for HDR, what are the down...
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 09, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By daveFaktor
Inkjets

ransley wrote:
How often should a printer left idle be made to print a photo to keep
the heads clean-working, are the jets in the cartrige, so if they clog
you just buy a new ink cartrige? Ive...
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 09, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By daveFaktor
Paper recommendations for an Epson 3800

Eric Stevens wrote:
I've just retired my Epson 1800 printer with its Ultrachrome inks in
exchange for an Epson 3800 with its K3 inks. I'm now trying to come to
grips with the range of papers...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 18th 09, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 0
Posted By daveFaktor
Has digital photography reduced your use of tripods?

Bob Larter wrote:
Walter Banks wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

In the film days, IS/VR already provided more freedom from tripods,
then with digital, higher ISO allowed even greater...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 66